(BETA RING) External hard drives disconnect and reconnect and hdmi audio non functional

Discus and support (BETA RING) External hard drives disconnect and reconnect and hdmi audio non functional in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I called Xbox support about my issue. The representative was very patient and helpful except they couldn't help me with this though they did try,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Artik Nakamura, Nov 9, 2017.

1. (BETA RING) External hard drives disconnect and reconnect and hdmi audio non functional

Today I called Xbox support about my issue. The representative was very patient and helpful except they couldn't help me with this though they did try, so I'm reaching out to the people of the internet in hopes of some advice.

The issue started about three weeks ago when my console decided I didn't need external storage anymore and began disconnecting and reconnecting my external drives, then last night my console updated again and then decided audio was a thing I didn't need
    any more. Even tho I'm connect thru an hdmi cable the console thinks I have an optical audio cable connected amd refuses to use the hdmi audio output.

Please if you know what's happening or a fix to this share with me your knowledge.

:)

Artik Nakamura, Nov 9, 2017
  2. QuiCkz Ninja
    QuiCkz Ninja Guest
    Problema wireless

Ciao prova a fare questo se hai un hard disk

Wireless Networking: You may be unable to detect wireless networks with an external hard drive attached.

Workaround: While the console is off, disconnect the external hard drive, power on the console, connect to the wireless network, and reconnect the external hard drive.

QuiCkz Ninja, Nov 9, 2017
  3. Xbox One Not Connecting To Internet And External HDD

Hello

My XboxOne has been recently slow or sometimes doesn’t connect to internet and the external hard drive. I have to manually connect to the internet and disconnect HDD and reconnect for it to see

xXPsycoCobraXx, Nov 9, 2017
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

xbox 360 ,

If you’re using a non-Microsoft hard drive, the device may appear as “unformatted” and prompt you to format the hard drive. Try disconnecting your hard drive and then reconnecting it to see if that solves the problem.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Non-functional external hard drive

6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Non-functional external hard drive

Hi, more often than not it’s just a case of waiting. Make sure you have all the accounts that were on the old Xbox on the new Xbox.

Connect the drive and wait, it could take a few minutes or an hour or more but you should start to see the drive start to show your games. It depends on how much data there is on the drive.
  7. QuiCkz Ninja Win User

Problema wireless

Ciao prova a fare questo se hai un hard disk

Wireless Networking: You may be unable to detect wireless networks with an external hard drive attached.

Workaround: While the console is off, disconnect the external hard drive, power on the console, connect to the wireless network, and reconnect the external hard drive.
  8. NESClO Win User

External Hard Drive not access content

That is really unfortuniate. I myself also have an external hard drive and it works just fine. FYI I am in the Beta Update Ring on Xbox, so maybe it's already fixed in the next update! My External Hard Drive is from Xbox and that could also mean why it
    is working.
Thema:

(BETA RING) External hard drives disconnect and reconnect and hdmi audio non functional

1. (BETA RING) External hard drives disconnect and reconnect and hdmi audio non functional - Similar Threads - BETA RING External

2. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  3. Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring: Why did they remove the sidebar from edge including access to Copilot. submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  4. Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...: Basically I'm curious as to what is different within Beta as of now? Is the UI different in some way? Like what is different than someone who's not in the insiders program? submitted by...
  5. Beta Ring, 2 days in a row getting mandatory SO Updates and 2 days in a row dealing with...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring, 2 days in a row getting mandatory SO Updates and 2 days in a row dealing with...: Don’t know what to do at this point, 2 days in a row getting the same error while trying to install mandatory updates. My router is next to my SX and also wired, I’ve tried different methods like...
  6. “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”

in XboX Insiders
    “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”: Sup guy’s, so my series X is only a year old and the Actual disc drive has NEVER been used more then 3 times for Halo MCC (not including now)! Never had any issues in the past! Right after I...
  7. Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset: I have noticed that when I have my TV set Audio to TV Speakers it sounds just fine. But if I have ARC enabled(going to my Apple TV 4K Gen 2) playing on my HomePod Minis in stereo. Everything else...
  8. Console Malfunction after Beta Ring Update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console Malfunction after Beta Ring Update.: My system recently updated for the beta ring and has since been constantly restarting every 5mins. Anyone else dealing with a similar issue or know of a solution? I've contacted Microsoft support...
  9. Game streaming on discord for xbox on beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Game streaming on discord for xbox on beta ring: So last week I was streaming my games no problem on discord. This week every time I try to stream it instantly stops, but is showing I'm streaming. Has anyone else encountered the same issue...
  10. Xbox goes offline mode after turning off ( Beta Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox goes offline mode after turning off ( Beta Ring): My XBSS goes offline mode after turning off turning back on to get internet connection Network settings -> Go Offline -> Go Online to get back İnternet idk what the problem is (need to do this...