Best Gaming Monitor 144hz, 1MS Response for Xbox Series X @ 120HZ

Discus and support Best Gaming Monitor 144hz, 1MS Response for Xbox Series X @ 120HZ in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I hope you can help me as PC World live chat was unable to and had referred me onto yourselves. I am looking to purchase a 144hz, 1MS Response... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galapo, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Galapo
    Galapo Guest

Hi,

I hope you can help me as PC World live chat was unable to and had referred me onto yourselves.

I am looking to purchase a 144hz, 1MS Response Time monitor. The one I want to purchase needs to be able to run the Xbox Series X at 120hz in 1080P, I believe that I require a 1.4/2.0 HDMI connectivity port but am unsure what the correct monitor is to
    purchase.

I am looking for a 24” roughly.

If you can point me in the right direction I would be thankful.

Many thanks

:)

Galapo, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Mrtechx Win User

Best Gaming Monitor For Xbox

I agree! but 1ms response time monitors are better than 5ms response time monitors! and max 144hz monitor has 1ms response time, that's why i mentioned 144hz
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
  4. Toddzilla In L.A. Win User

1440 @120hz or 4K HDR @60hz

Depends what you are going to do. Movies 60 hz gaming 120hz.
    The whole point of this thread was the best performance for the most competitive gaming with xbox one x and a gaming monitor

since the game is locked at 60fps on console you should just play at 4k hdr 10 with freesynce @60hz and the monitor refresh rate at 144hz

if you want the absolute best performance 1080p 120hz with the monitor set to 144hz but i dont think it actually makes a difference since the game is locked at 60fps
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

4k monitor or a 4k TV budget friendly thank you

If it's only just for use with the Series X, I would opt for a TV, A 4K true 120Hz TV...

This would be the 4K TV, I would personally go for at a minimum, If pairing with the Xbox Series X...

Amazon.co.uk - LG C1 - 4K - 120Hz TV - There is the newer LG C2 model but it would cost more.

With a 4K monitor, you'd really need to get one that has HDMI 2.1 ports for it to work flawlessly with the Series X, Though that would mean it'll be a 4K 144Hz monitor,

With the Xbox Series X only being able to output a maximum of 120Hz, A 144Hz monitor can be a bit of a waste due to not using the monitor full potential, unless it also being used with a high end 4K high refresh rate gaming PC, never the less it will still give you 4K at 120Hz...

This would be the 4K monitor, I would personally go for at a minimum, If pairing with the Xbox Series X...

Amazon.co.uk - Gigabyte M32U - 4K - 144Hz Monitor

I personally use a LG 27GP950 4K 144Hz monitor with the Series X, But i also use it with my high refresh rate 4K gaming PC.

Not knowing your budget, The TV and Monitor i linked, I wouldn't go for anything less personally, without compromising the gaming experience too much.
  6. lilbak82 Win User

Let's talk Gaming Monitors

I use my dell 27' 1080p gaming monitor with 144hz and 1ms response time. Very hard to go back to my tv.
Thema:

1. Best Gaming Monitor 144hz, 1MS Response for Xbox Series X @ 120HZ - Similar Threads - Best Gaming Monitor

2. I had to reset my Xbox one and my best friend game shared COD with me. Do I lose that game now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had to reset my Xbox one and my best friend game shared COD with me. Do I lose that game now?: I had to factory reset my Xbox one. A friend game shared COD to me for my birthday. Do I get that game back? I can’t find it anywhere in my games. 903bf2b8-b38b-4f38-bb3b-8812b15e4d28
  3. Best game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best game.: hello! I know how to do 2 games. And its about checkers and chess. My to like this. I know how to do this games, becouse i win checkers with father, when wos a kid....
  4. Which is the best game for Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11? And how much does it cost?

in XboX Insiders
    Which is the best game for Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11? And how much does it cost?: Fellow Redditors, I am constantly on the lookout for new and exciting games to play on my PC. With the different versions of Windows available, it can be daunting to find a game that is compatible...
  5. Best video settings to use with new gaming monitor on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best video settings to use with new gaming monitor on Series X: Hi I am using a Xbox Series X and just got a HyperX Armada 27 ([link](https://hyperx.com/products/hyperx-armada-27-gaming-monitor?variant=42751899435165)) - don't worry, only paid $180 for it haha...
  6. Atari's new Haunted House game available for pre-order at Best Buy, Target and Walmart- for...

in XboX Insiders
    Atari's new Haunted House game available for pre-order at Best Buy, Target and Walmart- for...: Trailer here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvL\_HfgZjo&pp=ygUTYXRhcmkgaGF1bnRlZCBob3VzZQ%3D%3D https://www.bestbuy.com/site/haunted-house-xbox-series-x-xbox-one/6559213.p?skuId=6559213...
  7. Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...: I am a mother of two youngin’s who play Xbox games and typically they are single to multiple player game options. However, we do have a couple games, like Subnautica, survival type and puzzle...
  8. f1 22 Xbox game pass for the best game experience

in XboX Insiders
    f1 22 Xbox game pass for the best game experience: Maybe an idea for Xbox f1 22 on the game pass ultimate submitted by /u/Practical_Ad_1113 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming: https://flexsub.shop/forget-xbox-series-x-restocks-xbox-game-pass-is-the-best-deal-in-gaming submitted by /u/amusedhearts [link] [comments]
  10. Best Price for 12month Ultimate Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best Price for 12month Ultimate Game pass: I have been a subscriber for xbox since 2006 and this year has been hard financially i am looking for a deal that will get me back on my subscription i had before i had to cancel back in June. I...