Best capture card for 4k HDR since the Series X captures are literally broken?

Discus and support Best capture card for 4k HDR since the Series X captures are literally broken? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m bummed that every single HDR capture I do on my Series X comes out dark and with no contrast. I was thinking of buying a capture card so I could... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ProfessionalPaper912, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Best capture card for 4k HDR since the Series X captures are literally broken?

I’m bummed that every single HDR capture I do on my Series X comes out dark and with no contrast. I was thinking of buying a capture card so I could still record HDR content. Which card would be best to buy if I was going to try and get results that would be as good as the Series X’s would’ve been if Microsoft would fix their capture system?

submitted by /u/ProfessionalPaper912
    [link] [comments]

/u/ProfessionalPaper912, Nov 7, 2022
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird
  3. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Stream on xbox one x

Yes, it's possible to stream with an Xbox One X and use a capture card.

https://www.windowscentral.com/best-4k-capture-cards-xbox-one-x

I don't have any experience with the capture cards, so I can't answer your question about streaming and hearing your teammate on the PS4. I just know capture cards can be used with the Xbox One X.
  4. KyleHolt1 Win User

Is there something wrong with the long-form recording option in my Xbox One X? Unable to reliably record for longer periods.

I have a very, very fast Samsung ssd. It was 200 bucks i think last year for 1 tb. Same issue with xbox one x. I only capture in 4k hdr. Beyond that its pointless. So now, i don't capture. Xbox series x..... come on down!
  5. Default_570 Win User

How to record gameplay on x series x and then transfer to PC to edit

best bet is a separate capture card installed in a PC so that the stream can be saved to local storage

The best capture cards are about $400 for professional 4K quality captures

then the PC can be used to edit the raw video stream and trim it etc
  6. Anghellic Karma Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird

Yeah, it's apparently difficult to capture HDR for YouTube. I also get a warning when streaming my gameplay to YouTube that HDR will not be streamed and so it may look different. And that goes for both major consoles even, so it's not limited to just the
    Xbox infrastructure.

I'm not a technical person (to that level), so I'm not sure of the underlying issue that causes that; whether it's something on YouTube's end, or something specific to HDR as a technical component of media.
Thema:

Best capture card for 4k HDR since the Series X captures are literally broken?

1. Best capture card for 4k HDR since the Series X captures are literally broken? - Similar Threads - Best capture card

2. elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?

in XboX Insiders
    elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?: Welches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ? Welches ist am besten für Anfänger geeignet ? Und gibt es NAS-Betriebssysteme kostenlos ? Wir geben euch einen Überblick und...
  3. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  4. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  5. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  6. Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...: Hello Microsoft & XBox friends, sorry for the previous post (when I Googled where to submit ideas to Microsoft it took me to the main r/xboxinsiders ,didn't know there's a category of threads like...
  7. Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...
  8. What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?

in XBoX on Windows
    What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?: I'm currently looking at buying a laptop that I can play hogwarts legacy and maybe the last of us on. I'm not want to spend too much. I was looking at the Acer Nitro 5 15.6-inch...
  9. Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings: Dear Community, Finally I switched from the One S to Xbox X. My setup is with Sony KD-65XH9096. The signal goes directly from the console to the TV. Then another HDMI from the TV to Soundbar...
  10. What’s the best capture card for recording gameplay on my Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    What’s the best capture card for recording gameplay on my Xbox?: What’s the best capture card for recording gameplay on my Xbox? Also do i need a hard drive and software program to edit it? Thanks for all input! submitted by /u/SwimmingFirm8582 [link]...