Best 27" monitor for use with xbox one (as well as normal PC work)

Discus and support Best 27" monitor for use with xbox one (as well as normal PC work) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says, i'm looking for a good 27" monitor that will work well with the xbox one but will also be suitable for PC work (Uni work etc.). I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by laz91, Jan 1, 2014.

1. laz91
    laz91 Guest

As the title says, i'm looking for a good 27" monitor that will work well with the xbox one but will also be suitable for PC work (Uni work etc.). I've gotten a bit confused with all the walk of WQHD, IPS, input lag vs response times so asking around to
    get peoples thoughts and suggestions.

Criteria:

• 27" is a must (will be playing at a bit of a distance)
    • Nice smooth graphics and gameplay with the xbox one
    • Suitable for doing everyday PC work/gaming/movie watching
    • Budget of around $600 (preferably less of course)
    • Relatively future proof
    All suggestions are welcome; thanks in advance!

:)

laz91, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Three Questions about the Xbox One

I'm curious about the 3rd question as I have my 360 plugged into a PC monitor as well. Will the Xbox one even work with a PC monitor? I can't see why it wouldn't. Even if I can't switch the inputs with voice commands ( which I had no interest in anyway)
    can't I still just use it to play games with my 24" Samsung?

The PS4 would work on a monitor the same way too, wouldn't it?

SP4C3C0WB0Y84, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Dooooli
    Dooooli Guest
    Question about the Game drive!

Hi, yea I figured that out, but that wasn't what I was asking Best 27" monitor for use with xbox one (as well as normal PC work) :) I was wondering if it works for the pc aswell Best 27" monitor for use with xbox one (as well as normal PC work) :) before I use it for the xbox, so I can use it as a normal harddrive as long as I don't plug it in the xbox Best 27" monitor for use with xbox one (as well as normal PC work) :)

Dooooli, Jan 1, 2014
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Monitor

I use this one on with my Xbox One S:

https://www.benq.com/en/monitor/stylish/gl2706pq.html

It's a really good 27 inch 2K60 monitor.

My brother uses this one on his Xbox One X:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

It's widely considered to be the best 2K monitor on the market, one of the best g-sync monitors on the market, one of the best 27 inch monitors one of the best overall gaming monitors on the market. But all of that comes at a very high price.

It really depends what you're looking for. Are you after a 1080p g-sync HDR monitor? A decent 4K monitor? A 4K HDR monster of a monitor? A massive screen?
  5. Guerrero Ultimo Win User

What make and size television are you gaming on?

Currently running on one of my Dell 24" monitors. Gave my T.V. to my son. Going to hold out and pick up a new 4k monitor for my PC soon and might pick up a 1080p 27" unit to supplement. Then I will run my One on that.

I used to use a 73" Samsung as well as a 43" Sharp Aquous but really prefer the smaller screen for 1080p. Nothing over 27" for me.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Gaming monitor

I think LG products are some of the best for TVs, phones and other electronics. I use a BenQ 27" gaming monitor with my PC and Xbox. My desk is kind of small too so I understand trying to find something that fits and the 27" is just the right size.
  7. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

xbox 360/one and which monitor..... 27" IPS 2560x1440 OR 29" IPS ????

You will get some serious black bars on the side with the 21:9 aspect ratio on the 29" with consoles which default at 16:9. They are great to use in portrait for secondary monitors or for large displays if you watch a lot of movies, but I wouldn't want one
    as my main PC and gaming monitor. For PC work monitors I always liked 16:10 since you can stretch 16:9 and barely notice it. I would go with the 27" 16:9 monitor.
  8. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Best Monitor for Series X? 4k, HDR, 120hz+ etc.

I have a 27" LG UltraGear 27GP950 which can do everything apart from Dolby Vision, so with an Xbox Series X it supports 4K @ 120Hz with HDR at 10-bit and PC RGB. For PC use it can do up to 160Hz with overclocking enabled via DisplayPort. It has 2 x HDMI 2.1 inputs, which is handy if you have a PS5 as well, plus it has DisplayPort for use with a PC.

It does not have built-in speakers, but I didn't want those anyway. It has an LED lighting ring on the back, which I didn't think I'd care that much about, but I love it when gaming in a dark room. If you play on PC too, the LED lighting can sync to what's on screen, but unfortunately that does not work with games consoles.

RTINGS gave it 8.7/10 in their review and for a while, rated it the best monitor to buy for Xbox Series X, which is part of the reason why I bought one. Now they recommend the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 as the best Series X monitor, which gets a rating of 9/10 for gaming, although that's 32" so it might be too big for your needs. It's also pricey!

Overclocking a monitor just means pushing it past its advertised maximum refresh rate, although there are a bunch of choices in the 27" range that can do 120Hz on Xbox (typically 144Hz on PC) without being overclocked, so it's absolutely not a requirement.
Thema:

1. Best 27" monitor for use with xbox one (as well as normal PC work) - Similar Threads - Best monitor normal

2. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  3. Best video settings to use with new gaming monitor on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best video settings to use with new gaming monitor on Series X: Hi I am using a Xbox Series X and just got a HyperX Armada 27 ([link](https://hyperx.com/products/hyperx-armada-27-gaming-monitor?variant=42751899435165)) - don't worry, only paid $180 for it haha...
  4. Best Monitor for Series X? 4k, HDR, 120hz+ etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Monitor for Series X? 4k, HDR, 120hz+ etc.: Hey all! So I'm looking for a monitor in the 25-28" range that can offer everything I'm looking for. Basically I want a monitor that can support everything that the Series X can do - if there's a...
  5. Which is best for a Series X with a QHD Monitor: Native Resolution or downscaled from 4K?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which is best for a Series X with a QHD Monitor: Native Resolution or downscaled from 4K?: Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this as I've done the usual google search circuit as well as on here and I can't get a definitive answer...... Ok here goes: If I'm using a Series X with...
  6. please guide me what is the best monitor xbox series S . its possible for 4k ? give me best...

in XBoX Accessibility
    please guide me what is the best monitor xbox series S . its possible for 4k ? give me best...: please guide me what is the best monitor xbox series S . its possible for 4k ? give me best advice before buying gaming monitor for my xbox series S. thanks 9d6db744-766e-4b5e-8492-110ad669f66f
  7. Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?: I am looking for advice for the best way to calibrate or setup my Asus VG27A 1440p monitor with my Xbox series S. I’ve noticed with some games the graphics will appear a little fuzzy. I’ve also...
  8. Best gaming monitor - tv for xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best gaming monitor - tv for xbox series x: I just got a xbox series x for early christmas present only bummer is my old 4k tv only has hdmi 2.0 and the series x need 2.1 for 4k what would be the best monitor or tv for around $500?...
  9. best monitor to use with the xbox series s ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    best monitor to use with the xbox series s ?: Hi , I was wondering what’s the best monitor to use with xbox series s ? Any suggestions ? dea5ef71-9964-4b1a-a0f2-588b3344cb48
  10. What's the best monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    What's the best monitor: What's the best monitor for Xbox series X curved price range 900-1700 prefer 35 inches and up please any suggestions welcome.. Drop me amazon link thank you acc417d7-2a19-45b5-8e69-1550fb57e14e