BenQ Projector does not detect signal from Xbox One S @1080p when routed through Onkyo AV...

Discus and support BenQ Projector does not detect signal from Xbox One S @1080p when routed through Onkyo AV... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my Xbox one S console connected to my BenQ (1080p) projector for over a year via an Onkyo (TX-NR6050) AVR. Xbox was outputting video at 1080p... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VJ2727, Sep 6, 2022.

1. VJ2727
    VJ2727 Guest

BenQ Projector does not detect signal from Xbox One S @1080p when routed through Onkyo AV...

I've had my Xbox one S console connected to my BenQ (1080p) projector for over a year via an Onkyo (TX-NR6050) AVR. Xbox was outputting video at 1080p 60 hz.

Last week the projector stopped detecting the signal coming out of the AVR. I did the following troubleshooting.

1. Replaced all HDMI cables with new High speed HDMI cables.

2. Plugged Xbox into different HDMI input ports on AVR

3. Plugged AVR into different HDMI input port on projector.

None of that worked at 1080p. the projector does however, detect signal when I set the Xbox output to 720p/60hz.

The projector also displays the video when I plug the Xbox directly into it (without AVR) at 1080p/60hz.

Any other devices plugged into the same AVR input HDMI port works at 1080p/60hz and projector displays video. I've tried with Chromecast and Windows PC.

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

VJ2727, Sep 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

BenQ Projector does not detect signal from Xbox One S @1080p when routed through Onkyo AV Receiver

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this VJ2727

May I know if you tried connecting your console to a different screen? (One that also supports 1080p)

This helps us to isolate a but more the issue

Or what did you tried so far? Besides the troubleshooting steps described in your post

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

In the meantime try power cycling your console:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

BenQ Projector does not detect signal from Xbox One S @1080p when routed through Onkyo AV Receiver

Hi, your projector doesn't have an option to factory reset it?
    If yes, can you try that?

By the way, are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
    ----
    If that doesn't work or the projector doesn't have that option I can advise you another two things to try:

A. Factory reset your console but keeping games and apps
    Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
    (you need to re-add the profiles after this, make sure you know the email and password for each one)

B. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed/updated from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. VJ2727 Win User

Thank you Josef for your response and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

here's what I did and the results:

1. plugged AVR HDMI output directly into PC monitor. - I see all video, Xbox and Chromecast @ 1080p

2. plugged HDMI cable coming out of ceiling into PC monitor - No video except when I go to AVR setting menu. and even then it comes on and gradually "flickers" out with monitor message saying "no cable connected", meaning no input detected. Then repeats the cycle. XBOX or Chromecast video signal is not displayed at all. this is different from when connected to projector. the chromecast works there.

3. Did the power cycle as you suggested with no change in above results.

So, thus far, I have replaced every HDMI cable involved and switched to using every AVR input to see if I can get projector to display the XBOX. nothing works at 1080p. only at 720p.
  5. Stryke112 Win User

XBox One Problems with Pioneer VSX-324-K-P

hi

Yes i mean a Projector! it is a BenQ TH681.

When i Connect the XBox Directly to the Projector it Works without any Problems! But when i Go First to the Receiver and then to the projector i have a black screen and no sound

Normally i Run a 1080p Resolution! (No One S ;) )
  6. ViableGryphon67 Win User

HDMI Troubles even after damaged HDMI output was replaced

Hello everyone!
    Something like that seems to happen to me.
    A few weeks ago my xbox one s runs perfect if I connected it to my projector or TV through the HDMI port.
    Now its only recognize a new TV, or I have to connect it to my projector through the AV port, with an adapter (hdmi to AV). If I connect it directly to the projector 's HDMI port,
    nothing is visible.
    The projector's hdmi works perfectly with my pc or with the digital camera. Then, the console emits signal unfailingly, because I can use it with my new TV,
    or with my projector through the AV adapter,
    Of course the quality is a little less than 720p.
    Will it be an update error?
    I already tried the cold start (start in low resolution) and it only worked with the TV, not with the projector.
    If anyone knows anything, I greatly appreciate it!
Thema:

1. BenQ Projector does not detect signal from Xbox One S @1080p when routed through Onkyo AV... - Similar Threads - BenQ Projector does

2. hi, i have monitor BENQ G2255 and i have an adapter from dvi-d to hdmi and im trying to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hi, i have monitor BENQ G2255 and i have an adapter from dvi-d to hdmi and im trying to...: hi, i have monitor BENQ G2255 and i have an adapter from dvi-d to hdmi and im trying to connect it to my xbox and its not working do you know why ? e7d47368-958d-4e58-9bb2-46002f7b2c8d
  3. Xbox Series S - No 1440p option available with BENQ screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S - No 1440p option available with BENQ screen: Hello, I have my xbox S series connected to a BENQ monitor (PD2500Q). This monitor supports 2K 60hz display but only has an HDMI 1.4 input. In the settings menu, I can only choose between 720p...
  4. Xbox Series S can't output 1440p on a Benq 1440p monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series S can't output 1440p on a Benq 1440p monitor: Hi, I'm using a Benq 2K monitor with 2560*1440@60Hz and HDMI1.4(PD2500Q). When I connect Xbox series s to this monitor , xbox can only choose 1080p and unavailable to use 1440p. Any reasons? OR...
  5. xbox one x 120 HZ can't work - BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x 120 HZ can't work - BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P: Hello ,, i have ( BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P ) this monitor support 144hz DP-DVI & 120hz with HDMI 1.3 cable when I change my Xbox one x setting to 120 it doesn’t work, so please kindly help me what can...
  6. BENQ EX3203R on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    BENQ EX3203R on Xbox One X: Ok, trying to revive what seems to be an old question. Trying to get 1440p and 120Hz working on console. BENQ can do 1440p at 144Hz and 120Hz. I have had 120Hz working at that resolution on my...
  7. BenQ EX3203R Xbox one X support

in XBoX on Consoles
    BenQ EX3203R Xbox one X support: I recently bought a BenQ EX3203R which is a 1440p curved monitor that supports Freesync 2, HDR, and has a 144Hz refresh rate, but there is no way to get all those features working at the same...
  8. HDR not working with BenQ EW277HDR monitor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR not working with BenQ EW277HDR monitor: Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone had luck in having HDR correctly displayed on this BenQ monitor, model EW277HDR? It's a 1080p HDR10-enabled monitor, but not 4K. When I go to the Xbox One X's...
  9. Can't turn on/off benq projector with kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn on/off benq projector with kinect: It won't recognize my BenQ gp20 projector. It will not power it up or down. It will control the volume though. 841b60a8-fc55-49a8-b49a-68380f6a76a9
  10. XBOX ONE X - Problem 1080p HDR with Monitor BenQ EW277HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X - Problem 1080p HDR with Monitor BenQ EW277HDR: Hi, thank you in advance if you will consider my request, I have trouble when I try to activate the HDR mode in game, with the Monitor BenQ EW277HDR. I've already contacted the BenQ Support and...