Being banned for a message to someone cheating

Discus and support Being banned for a message to someone cheating in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why is xbox live enforcement automatically banning people without investigating. I received a 24hr ban for using profanity in a message against someone... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nifal, May 30, 2019.

1. Nifal
    Nifal Guest

Why is xbox live enforcement automatically banning people without investigating. I received a 24hr ban for using profanity in a message against someone utilising a glitch in Infinite Warfare. I understand why I have received the ban and would accept it
    if the person the message was sent to received the appropriate ban for utilising cheats and glitches. All this is showing is that people can cheat and it's not a problem and that people who rightfully get angry about it are in the wrong!!!! Xbox enforcement
    should be investigating the reasons why sometimes!!!!

:)

Nifal, May 30, 2019
  2. Allynon Win User

They do investigate any kind or report they get. My suggestion is to not escalate the situation to where it got in your situation. We all understand that it is very frustrating dealing with cheaters but swearing at them in a message didn't do you any good
    and they would probably not learned their lesson from you swearing at them, it just gives them a reason to report you. I would simply report them for cheating and leave it at that, this way they are reported and it is reviewed but you're not putting yourself
    at risk of getting banned.
  3. denis97g Win User

Maybe the one cheating got banned, you can't know that. And even if someone's cheating, you can't answer with profanity since that's a violation of the code of conduct.
  4. Smwutches Win User

The enforcement team investigates every complaint they receive. It doesn't matter how a situation starts, if you respond in a way that violates the code of conduct, you can be punished. These are the rules you agreed to when you signed up. In situations
    like that, it's best to just report the other person and block communications with them instead of responding.
  5. Drizzle 084 Win User

I can understand your frustration and wanting to curse but that is against the TOS.
  6. Jacob Gardner3 Win User

Comms ban vs Cheating ban

There are ways to tell if someone has had action given to them you can simply message them back and if there is no reply that's how you know someone got a coms ban or cheating ban. But it's not hard to tell if someone it cheating or not. So far all I'm basically is seeing is that the company is going down hill and there is no way to stop cheating so y'all allow it but only take action against people that trash talk. Am I reading that right? Because rockstar back in the day had a filter that caught people cheating.
Thema:

1. Being banned for a message to someone cheating - Similar Threads - Being banned message

2. Why is it that I get banned for messaging curse words to others even when they're being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it that I get banned for messaging curse words to others even when they're being...: It just seems so odd that others can suspend me for things that would otherwise get me popped in the mouth in real life. It's instantaneous too. No reviewing of their actions in a conversation or...
  3. Who to talk to about being banned for nothing!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Who to talk to about being banned for nothing!!!: Explain this to me I got a 2 day ban twice for posting on LFG i wrote nothing silly or used foul language and got 2 different bans and i can't appeal nothing!no one even to discuss the matter with...
  4. Me and my friends got permanently banned for being botted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Me and my friends got permanently banned for being botted: So one of my friends decided to bot me and our friends without our permission. None of us knew that you could get banned for it which is why I wasn’t mad or anything when he did it and I most...
  5. I am messaging you on my xbox account being banned I have not done anything or message...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am messaging you on my xbox account being banned I have not done anything or message...: My xbox account is banned for no reason 3c91ba29-eea3-4b5e-80a9-97be5080aaea
  6. banned for being hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    banned for being hacked: so why have i been banned when ive been in and out of hospital dealing with Chemotherapy the last 10 months im finally able to have some sort of normal life so i decide to buy the new xbox...
  7. Why was I permanently banned for a minor offense, and it being my first strike.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was I permanently banned for a minor offense, and it being my first strike.: The other day I got heated and messaged someone in-game, I called them a "pus pus" and I'm guessing they reported that message. Come the following morning I'm permanently banned for what is...
  8. Is there a way to know the reason for being permanently banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to know the reason for being permanently banned?: Hi! Like many others, I just got permanently banned for seemingly no reason. I was not warned, nobody said anything, I was not given a chance to fix the problem, if there was any. I just got...
  9. Being banned in 2k24 when I was kicked from server????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being banned in 2k24 when I was kicked from server????: Why am I being restricted to play multi-player games on NBA2K24 when I did not quit any games. IT kicks me from the the server when playing against cross-platform opponents. I have paid 1000s of...
  10. I got banned for Adolf Hitler being profile pic banned 4 4 years idk about the strikes...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got banned for Adolf Hitler being profile pic banned 4 4 years idk about the strikes...: I got banned for having Hitler as profile pic I got banned 4 4 years I want to be appealed but I'm 12 didn't think that was offensive so I got comma ban please u ban me ill Stop doing that...