Been wrongly suspended, yet can't contact enforcement team...

Discus and support Been wrongly suspended, yet can't contact enforcement team... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am need of some help Basically, I received a suspension for "Marketplace Theft" and I have been suspended for two weeks. I was confused at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by T3NX-[xboxvenue], Mar 1, 2018.

1. Been wrongly suspended, yet can't contact enforcement team...

Hello, I am need of some help

Basically, I received a suspension for "Marketplace Theft" and I have been suspended for two weeks. I was confused at first as to why I was suspended so I decided to appeal for a case review. Upon further investigation I have been told by the Xbox
    enforcement team that I have been suspended for 'attempting to obtain phone numbers in order to make payments'. However I have not done this.

They told me they have sufficient evidence to support this enforcement (which if they do, I would love to see), however I never engaged in such activities, instead what I did that makes me believe there is 'evidence' as to why I was suspended is
    that I posted in the 'Fortnite LFG' saying something along the lines of, "don't fall for the free v-bucks phone number scam" (Can't remember exactly what I said as it was sometime last week) and I made a brief statement in the same post to ensure people were
    aware of it. I did this as I found the scam to be wrong and was just trying to warn people who were unaware of it before they fell for the scam and got charged.

Personally, I think I was doing the right thing, however I am now being penalised for something that I didn't do and its ridiculous! It's frustrating because I contacted Xbox support as I wanted to speak to someone about it, however they
    told me there was nothing they could do. I can't contact Xbox enforcement team as it appears they don't have a number or email in order to contact them (which I believe is wrong) and my case appeal looks closed with a 'Decision Upheld' status and no way of
    replying in the case notes section.

Personally, I think its absurd that I am unable to make further contact directly to the Xbox enforcement team to make this counter argument, as I believe there judgement and action has lead to a mistake and in other cases where they have made an error in
    punishing someone, we just have to accept it. Furthermore, on my Xbox I am told that my suspension ends on the 15th of March, however in the case notes the enforcement team made, they said "Due to the severe nature of the violation, this account and console
    can no longer be trusted to access the Xbox Live service. As a result, the account can no longer sign in to Xbox Live from any device."

I believe that this contradicts the first statement. Either, the message is automated and therefore in my case the ban wasn't permanent, however in other cases it usually is, or the enforcement team has yet made another mistake in providing me with incorrect
    information! From my point of view, this creates a bad rep for Microsoft as a company as I have no way to make contact in order to make them aware and attempt to fix the mistake that they made which has caused an impact on me.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation and is there anything that I can actually do to try get my suspension or potential permanent ban lifted/removed, because I think it's just wrong that I am facing the consequences for something that I didn't do,
    as all I was trying to do was spread awareness to help prevent people from falling into a scam that appears to become very popular recently. I appreciate that Microsoft is taking action to stop these scammers, however I have been punished alongside them, and
    if they do have evidence I would appreciate it if they reviewed it again and show me where "clear evidence of attempts to obtain mobile billing numbers through this account or its associated ones" is.

Thanks

-Lewis

:)

T3NX-[xboxvenue], Mar 1, 2018
  2. Bruh

Any enforcement actions are handled by the enforcement team on their website enforcement.xbox.com

The enforcement team does not monitor these forums

If you feel that you have been wrongly suspended you can file for a case review on their website and they will reinvestigate the report and let you know if they can lift the suspension sooner.

steeledwand7664, Mar 1, 2018
  3. Banned

The only place that can help you is by going to the enforcement teams website at enforcement.xbox.com

If you feel that you were suspended wrongly you can file for a case review there.

The enforcement team does not monitor these forums.

steeledwand7664, Mar 1, 2018
  4. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest

The Xbox Enforcement Team could have made a permanent ban on your account for the "theft or attempted theft". In my opinion, you're lucky you get to still use your account after the suspension.

The enforcement team will never provide you with the exact details of what they've found. They have the ability to see the details of what's occurred and the history of your account. And when you pay for the Xbox Live Service, you're agreeing to the Terms
    of Use and Code of Conduct.

Marketplace theft includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Purchasing content from illegitimate third-party websites
    • Getting, asking for, or using redemption codes illegitimately
    • Attempting to abuse Microsoft refund policies
    • Gaining refunds (“chargebacks”) through a bank or other financial institution for the purposes of circumventing Microsoft refund policies
    • Using a system glitch or loophole for financial gain
    • Successfully using a redemption code or other content and then claiming that the code or content didn’t work
    • Participating in behavior that unfairly financially harms Microsoft or its partners
    https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/staysafe#topic6

HAZMAT RADIO, Mar 1, 2018
  5. I think you have missed the point, I have been banned when I haven’t even done what they have banned me for. I am turning to here in the hopes that someone will be able to help and give some option on what I can do to rectify this situation. At the end of
    the day, I am innocent. Yet, I can’t prove my innocence because I can’t contact the enforcement team, it’s ridiculous!

T3NX-[xboxvenue], Mar 1, 2018
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    ms doesn't bill phone numbers only google does

If you mean obtained refunds you aren't supposed to like asking your bank to circumvent the retailer you do realize that your bank requires you to work with the retailer first.and that if you circumvent thier policies you can incur punishment

If you mean obtain codes over xbox live from other players that fraud and phishing which is a permanent suspension offence

Not.marketplace theft

ngocphi, Mar 1, 2018
  7. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    At the end of the day you're lucky to be able to still use your account after the suspension is up.

Is it logical that Xbox Enforcement just decided to spin a digital wheel and ban someone and then make up a reason or is it more likely that your account was flagged due to any one of the code of conduct violations.

Plus they have a review process, which they state "Case Review is a tool that allows players who have received an enforcement action (for example, an account suspension or forced Gamertag change) to have their enforcement reviewed by a member of the

Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team."

Xbox Enforcement | How Do I

You contacted them, they reviewed the info and they upheld their decision.

The Xbox Enforcement Team does not use the forums here. The only point of contact was the case review process.

HAZMAT RADIO, Mar 1, 2018
  8. Been wrongly suspended, yet can't contact enforcement team...

PLEASE READ PROPERLY BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER COMMENT!

Note: The comments in quotation marks are direct from the Xbox Enforcement team in the case review notes they left after reviewing my case. (This means that no I'm not talking about charge backs/refunds like 'ngocphi' has suggested)

You are still missing the point, I have case reviewed the suspension, and I was told it was due to "efforts to gain mobile phone numbers from customers in order to fraudulently purchase content on this account," Now I know exactly
    what they are talking about. They are referring to the use of the 'LFG' system on Xbox, creating a post offering free items for example 'V-Bucks' on Fortnite in order to gain someones phone number so you can make purchases, which they also stated "The purchases
    may include one or more of Xbox full game titles, subscriptions, consumables (such as FIFA points, Fortnite V-Bucks, or other consumable content)". Now what I did which I remember doing very well, was creating a post in the 'Fortnite LFG' section making a
    comment saying that 'the free v-bucks phone provider posts were scams and not to fall for them'. I did this as I wanted to make people who weren't aware of the scam aware so that they didn't get scammed. This shows that the violation of code of conduct they
    had given me that has caused me to receive a suspension is clearly been given incorrectly as I feel that what I have done was not at all a violation of the code of conduct. I have had my account for 6 years, I would not do anything to jeopardise my account
    as I have made many digital purchases for games on my account, and by violating the code of conduct I would risk losing this all. I am personally annoyed by your sarcastic comment "Is it logical that Xbox Enforcement just decided to spin a digital wheel and
    ban someone and then make up a reason" as I feel that you are inferring that you don't believe me and do you really think I would go through all this typing and effort if I didn't believe that I was innocent? If had actually done what I was suspended for,
    I would accept it as its deserved, but in this case I have been accused wrongly and I am 100% sure of it. Also, the Enforcement Team are likely to had made a mistake and my main concern is that I will now have a suspension history on my account that reflects
    badly on me when I have done nothing wrong, and this could potential have an impact on me in the future. I feel like I have been treated horribly in this situation, as I have no chance to make my opinion heard except for on here as for some reason you can't
    make further contact to the enforcement team after the case review has been assessed, and I just have to accept that I have been suspended. I think that it is wrong, something needs to change for people who are in a similar circumstance to me.

T3NX-[xboxvenue], Mar 2, 2018
  9. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    In all honesty, its your account and your suspension. Nothing here will change that. And when it's done you can get back to gaming and hopefully, you won't run into this again.

The remarks made here are going to be made by other Xbox users and there are some of us who are more in the know about the inner workings of things.

"I would accept it as its deserved, but in this case I have been accused wrongly and I am 100% sure of it."

"I have no chance to make my opinion heard except for on here"

- Since no one from the Xbox Enforcement Team uses the forums you can post your opinion here, you just won't get a response from the enforcement team

- You're welcome to say they are wrong and you're right

- Once you were either reported or your account was flagged a review was done. And based on that review of your account, information was either found or it wasn't. Since a suspension was made on the account, a determination was made as well as the extent
    of suspension was based on what they found. And then they reviewed the account information again upon a case review and upheld the decision. There were a lot of choices to be made here before a suspension was imposed.

- I'm just trying to provide some information and insight on things

"a suspension history on my account that reflects badly on me"

- A suspension history is only visible to you and has no impact on your reputation, it only serves for reference to the enforcement team

HAZMAT RADIO, Nov 1, 2018
  10. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

In all honesty, its your account and your suspension. Nothing here will change that. And when it's done you can get back to gaming and hopefully, you won't run into this again.

The remarks made here are going to be made by other Xbox users and there are some of us who are more in the know about the inner workings of things.

"I would accept it as its deserved, but in this case I have been accused wrongly and I am 100% sure of it."

"I have no chance to make my opinion heard except for on here"

- Since no one from the Xbox Enforcement Team uses the forums you can post your opinion here, you just won't get a response from the enforcement team

- You're welcome to say they are wrong and you're right

- Once you were either reported or your account was flagged a review was done. And based on that review of your account, information was either found or it wasn't. Since a suspension was made on the account, a determination was made as well as the extent
    of suspension was based on what they found. And then they reviewed the account information again upon a case review and upheld the decision. There were a lot of choices to be made here before a suspension was imposed.

- I'm just trying to provide some information and insight on things

"a suspension history on my account that reflects badly on me"

- A suspension history is only visible to you and has no impact on your reputation, it only serves for reference to the enforcement team
  11. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

At the end of the day you're lucky to be able to still use your account after the suspension is up.

Is it logical that Xbox Enforcement just decided to spin a digital wheel and ban someone and then make up a reason or is it more likely that your account was flagged due to any one of the code of conduct violations.

Plus they have a review process, which they state "Case Review is a tool that allows players who have received an enforcement action (for example, an account suspension or forced Gamertag change) to have their enforcement reviewed by a member of the

Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team."

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-6

You contacted them, they reviewed the info and they upheld their decision.

The Xbox Enforcement Team does not use the forums here. The only point of contact was the case review process.
  12. T3NX-[xboxvenue] Win User

PLEASE READ PROPERLY BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER COMMENT!

Note: The comments in quotation marks are direct from the Xbox Enforcement team in the case review notes they left after reviewing my case. (This means that no I'm not talking about charge backs/refunds like 'ngocphi' has suggested)

You are still missing the point, I have case reviewed the suspension, and I was told it was due to "efforts to gain mobile phone numbers from customers in order to fraudulently purchase content on this account," Now I know exactly
    what they are talking about. They are referring to the use of the 'LFG' system on Xbox, creating a post offering free items for example 'V-Bucks' on Fortnite in order to gain someones phone number so you can make purchases, which they also stated "The purchases
    may include one or more of Xbox full game titles, subscriptions, consumables (such as FIFA points, Fortnite V-Bucks, or other consumable content)". Now what I did which I remember doing very well, was creating a post in the 'Fortnite LFG' section making a
    comment saying that 'the free v-bucks phone provider posts were scams and not to fall for them'. I did this as I wanted to make people who weren't aware of the scam aware so that they didn't get scammed. This shows that the violation of code of conduct they
    had given me that has caused me to receive a suspension is clearly been given incorrectly as I feel that what I have done was not at all a violation of the code of conduct. I have had my account for 6 years, I would not do anything to jeopardise my account
    as I have made many digital purchases for games on my account, and by violating the code of conduct I would risk losing this all. I am personally annoyed by your sarcastic comment "Is it logical that Xbox Enforcement just decided to spin a digital wheel and
    ban someone and then make up a reason" as I feel that you are inferring that you don't believe me and do you really think I would go through all this typing and effort if I didn't believe that I was innocent? If had actually done what I was suspended for,
    I would accept it as its deserved, but in this case I have been accused wrongly and I am 100% sure of it. Also, the Enforcement Team are likely to had made a mistake and my main concern is that I will now have a suspension history on my account that reflects
    badly on me when I have done nothing wrong, and this could potential have an impact on me in the future. I feel like I have been treated horribly in this situation, as I have no chance to make my opinion heard except for on here as for some reason you can't
    make further contact to the enforcement team after the case review has been assessed, and I just have to accept that I have been suspended. I think that it is wrong, something needs to change for people who are in a similar circumstance to me.
  13. T3NX-[xboxvenue] Win User

I think you have missed the point, I have been banned when I haven’t even done what they have banned me for. I am turning to here in the hopes that someone will be able to help and give some option on what I can do to rectify this situation. At the end of
    the day, I am innocent. Yet, I can’t prove my innocence because I can’t contact the enforcement team, it’s ridiculous!
  14. ngocphi Win User

ms doesn't bill phone numbers only google does

If you mean obtained refunds you aren't supposed to like asking your bank to circumvent the retailer you do realize that your bank requires you to work with the retailer first.and that if you circumvent thier policies you can incur punishment

If you mean obtain codes over xbox live from other players that fraud and phishing which is a permanent suspension offence

Not.marketplace theft
Thema:

1. Been wrongly suspended, yet can't contact enforcement team... - Similar Threads - Been wrongly suspended

2. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  3. Please help. I have been wrongly acussed of bad language which had resulted in a 1 year ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please help. I have been wrongly acussed of bad language which had resulted in a 1 year ban: My account was stolen and the guy decided to swear and report my account. I ws ban for a year please someone help 501867b0-87c2-495f-952a-51d787b097c5
  4. My Xbox live account has been wrongfully suspended indefinitely?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox live account has been wrongfully suspended indefinitely?: [img] My account on Xbox live had 2 strikes for communication and then wrongfully has been indefinitely banned along with a console banned and not once have I used anything else that could...
  5. I have been suspended a couple times but I haven't done anything wrong and now I'm banned...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been suspended a couple times but I haven't done anything wrong and now I'm banned...: My guy is Qazmy and I got banned for no reason 55e0892c-7e27-4a73-a700-a111613ae189
  6. Accounts been wrongfully banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accounts been wrongfully banned?: As of October 26, 2023 my Xbox account zuk024 10+ year old is suspended indefinitely with no details as to why. All it says is something about community guidelines which I’ve done nothing to...
  7. Hi I bought a gift and it was the wrong thing it has not been redeemed. It is a digital...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought a gift and it was the wrong thing it has not been redeemed. It is a digital...: Hi I need help I bought a digital gift for a friend it turned out to be the wrong thing. I would like to refund it as it has not been used or claimed. I have tried to get hold of support and it's...
  8. My long time Xbox Account has been wrongfully banned for "Cheating." And I have an idea...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My long time Xbox Account has been wrongfully banned for "Cheating." And I have an idea...: I haven't even used my Xbox for a while now. I started using it again just a few weeks ago and started with literally only playing Single Player games. Including TWD series, Fallout, and Elder...
  9. Ive been banned for no reason I did nothing wrong at all and my entire console has been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been banned for no reason I did nothing wrong at all and my entire console has been...: I’m wondering why I’ve been banned for no reason I have no suspensions. 94bb17e0-fa50-47c6-87db-a5952320b7a9
  10. can't request call back (been saying there's something wrong for 4 weeks now

in XBoX on Windows
    can't request call back (been saying there's something wrong for 4 weeks now: how do I get to speak to someone? been trying 4 weeks now and been told (via email) my series X repair order has been cancelled (UPS delivered it to Germany yesterday (24/01/2023). can't request...