Been trying to reach someone at Microsoft about my Xbox series X exploding.

Discus and support Been trying to reach someone at Microsoft about my Xbox series X exploding. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received one of the first batches of Xbox series X's. I preordered and picked it up on release day. I've had an Xbox going back 20 years I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Huge2na, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Huge2na
    Huge2na Guest

I received one of the first batches of Xbox series X's. I preordered and picked it up on release day.

I've had an Xbox going back 20 years

I was playing COD MW2 and went out to the kitchen to get a drink. We heard a loud noise like an aluminum extension ladder falling on the floor. Ran to the living room where my Xbox was and it was smoking. A capacitor inside exploded. Filled the air with rancid smoke. My Xbox is on the top of my bookshelf in the vertical position. This could have started a fire had it of been in a bedroom or near combustible material. I reported it to Microsoft immediately via the 1-800 number. I was supposed to get a call back and have yet to receive one.

This should not happen, and I feel there should be more urgency to identify the problem. I made a report to the Consumer Product Safety Commission as well.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I am a 45 year old disabled guy, just want my Xbox fixed and would like to prevent others from experiencing a possible house fire.

This is outside the scope of the 1 year warranty, it's more similar to the Xbox 360 issue years ago where they were being replaced due to a design flaw.

Microsoft please reach out,

:)

Huge2na, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Huge2na Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this

Right now you are the one experiencing this problem so far
    Usually when a thing like that happens to an electronic device it’s because there was an issue with the electric circuit in your house.
    Or for example you had connected a lot of devices to the same power outlet.
    I have been in this home for 1 year, the Xbox has it's own circuit and the weather was clear.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this HUGE2NA

Right now you are the one experiencing this problem so far
    Usually when a thing like that happens to an electronic device it’s because there was an issue with the electric circuit in your house.
    Or for example you had connected a lot of devices to the same power outlet.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

In that case the best option is request a repair order
    If your Xbox is out of warranty you may need to pay a fee for the repair

You can check the fee here:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

In case you need to know how to start a repair request you can also proceed from there
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

DLC purchased on Xbox 360 not showing up under Ready to Install on Xbox Series console for Stuntman: Ignition

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Fyre

Sometimes purchasing content using the Xbox 360 marketplace can lead to problems on Series X/S consoles

If you don’t mind, please try refunding the DLCs purchased and try instead purchasing the DLCs inside the games on your Xbox Series X/S
  6. RabidStorm02 Win User

Xbox Series X disconnects from WiFi when turned off

I’m not sure how to reach these settings, but I’m quite certain it is not an issue with my router. My series x has worked for months before now, and all other devices on the network are working, including my Xbox one and Xbox one x. I have been having this issue since roughly the time that my series x last updated, is it possible that the issue is an overlooked bug in the series x OS?
Thema:

1. Been trying to reach someone at Microsoft about my Xbox series X exploding. - Similar Threads - Been trying reach

2. My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...: I have been having this issue for a week. I couldn’t find any multiplayer games . On my setting it’s says my upnp is unsuccessful. I have went into my router’s configuration and disables this and...
  3. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...: Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should...
  4. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  5. ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11)

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11): after 2 days of trying i finally got it connected to my PC and series x and it sounds fine on my xbox but on my PC it constantly cuts oout and im not sure what to do ive reset it and followed all...
  6. Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...: Its become quite problematic and me nor my father can fix it f775b6c3-497a-45eb-a5d8-f88c445aab6e
  7. I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...: Microsoft can you please let us create emblems again I have been trying to make new emblems and as even go far as competing and none of the emblems save. Everyone speculates it’s because of...
  8. Does anyone know how to speak to support. I've been trying to request a call back for days...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to speak to support. I've been trying to request a call back for days...: Does anyone know a phone number for xbox support 26935c51-0ac1-4527-a7d9-63428c542009
  9. I can't cancel my Minecraft Realms subscription ive been trying to do that for I think now...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't cancel my Minecraft Realms subscription ive been trying to do that for I think now...: I can't cancel my Minecraft Realms subscription ive been trying to do that for I think now 3 months Iam just not able to see the realm on my services and subscriptions page please Help...
  10. Been trying to get my old profile back for months

in XBoX Accessibility
    Been trying to get my old profile back for months: I had been trying to get my old profile back for ages so I went through a long list of things with An agent and was suppose to hear back in 72 hours I have had nothing now soon doing so everytime...