Been scammed

Discus and support Been scammed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Been billed from my childs phone for £233.91 and this is a phone that's capped and Microsoft have charged me for passes that I have not purchased and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AdamHutton2, Jan 13, 2023.

1. AdamHutton2
    AdamHutton2 Guest

Been scammed

Been billed from my childs phone for £233.91 and this is a phone that's capped and Microsoft have charged me for passes that I have not purchased and its a childs account I would like a refund on this

:)

AdamHutton2, Jan 13, 2023
  2. IRB Win User

Been scammed

It was on the bank statement and as you can imagine we got a right shock. Honestly we dont even have the game so buying coins is pointless. I explained this but there not interested, They just want to keep my money and it's not happening. I've already removed
    the credit card and in the process of changing the password but that takes a month! Thanks

A big thanks for your reply and I'm going to do exactly what you said...Nice one.

Hi, if it appears on your bank statement but not on your account order history https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders then it would seem someone has your card
    details and used that to make purchases without your knowledge.

You will need to speak with Xbox Support to explain this as it was an unauthorized purchase. Chat with them here https://support.xbox.com/contact-us or request a callback
    here https://support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false

The refund form is no use in this case as you are not trying to refund a purchase you made.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Been scammed

Did this happen on one of your MS accounts?

Or did you just see this on your bank statement?

If it was just on your bank statement then that means that someone has gotten ahold of your banking information and you can contact xbox support by the link that was previously given and they can look up any account that your credit/debit card is currently
    on and remove the card from that account.

As far as the charges are concerned if your card was on a different account and those charges were made to that account then they would definitely be fraudulent charges in which case you would need to talk to your financial institution about putting in a
    fraudulent charge claim.
  4. MarkRobertsWN Win User

Been scammed

Thanks for your reply and I will certainly do that. However I feel that this is goings to be a real struggle to get our money back. No one has access to this account apart from me and only me. My son is Autistic and no nothing about numbers or passwords.
    I am the only one so as far as I am concerned I regard this as theft. I want the police involved but I want the money back we can't afford it. One again thanks for your support...Mark
  5. IRB Win User

Been scammed

Also, make sure to change your password and enable 2 factor authentication on your account to ensure no one else is using your account, for example if it was given out to another game for game sharing (which is against the rules )
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

Been scammed

To get you fraudulent charges reversed, please contact your bank or financial institution and report the fraudulent charges. This is the process for all fraudulent charges on your account. It is no different with Microsoft charges than it would be if you
    saw charges from McDonald's you didn't make. It would be advisable and your financial institution will probably do it any way but your cards will be replaced to prevent unauthorized charges going forward. This is the standard process. This is why it is important
    to monitor your statements and report any unauthorized transactions to your financial institution. This really shouldn't be new information.
Thema:

Been scammed

1. Been scammed - Similar Threads - Been scammed

2. I have been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial: Hi, I’ve been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial but my daughter hasn’t singed up to this. Could I please get a refund Thanks Kelly cc36edcb-6c79-4736-a289-bf7e11125203
  3. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  4. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  5. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  6. Spam protection for LFG posts? Been real ng with spam for way too long

in XboX Insiders
    Spam protection for LFG posts? Been real ng with spam for way too long: Whenever I'm playing popular games and am looking for someone in the same mode or at the same level I am bombarded by posts of people advertising cheats and other services, a spam filter seems...
  7. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  8. Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam: Last night my 13 year old son whilst playing Minecraft was scammed by another person in the chatroom. He had his Minecraft account stolen by accessing his microsoft account. By the time we had the...
  9. Have i been scammed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have i been scammed?: I bought the season pass for COD BO2 and installed it but i havent recieved the content that comes with it.. i have tried every solution that the internet has given and nothing has worked. This...
  10. Is this a scam or have I been hacked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is this a scam or have I been hacked: Received this email stating that I made a purchase that I did not. The email contains an attachment but I did not open it. From: [Mod removed- Personal information] Thank you for your...