Been scammed

Discus and support Been scammed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Been billed from my childs phone for £233.91 and this is a phone that's capped and Microsoft have charged me for passes that I have not purchased and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AdamHutton2, Jan 13, 2023.

  1. AdamHutton2
    AdamHutton2 Guest

    Been scammed


    Been billed from my childs phone for £233.91 and this is a phone that's capped and Microsoft have charged me for passes that I have not purchased and its a childs account I would like a refund on this

    :)
     
    AdamHutton2, Jan 13, 2023
    #1
  2. IRB Win User

    Been scammed

    It was on the bank statement and as you can imagine we got a right shock. Honestly we dont even have the game so buying coins is pointless. I explained this but there not interested, They just want to keep my money and it's not happening. I've already removed
    the credit card and in the process of changing the password but that takes a month! Thanks

    A big thanks for your reply and I'm going to do exactly what you said...Nice one.

    Hi, if it appears on your bank statement but not on your account order history https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders then it would seem someone has your card
    details and used that to make purchases without your knowledge.

    You will need to speak with Xbox Support to explain this as it was an unauthorized purchase. Chat with them here https://support.xbox.com/contact-us or request a callback
    here https://support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false

    The refund form is no use in this case as you are not trying to refund a purchase you made.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

    Been scammed

    Did this happen on one of your MS accounts?

    Or did you just see this on your bank statement?

    If it was just on your bank statement then that means that someone has gotten ahold of your banking information and you can contact xbox support by the link that was previously given and they can look up any account that your credit/debit card is currently
    on and remove the card from that account.

    As far as the charges are concerned if your card was on a different account and those charges were made to that account then they would definitely be fraudulent charges in which case you would need to talk to your financial institution about putting in a
    fraudulent charge claim.
  4. MarkRobertsWN Win User

    Been scammed

    Thanks for your reply and I will certainly do that. However I feel that this is goings to be a real struggle to get our money back. No one has access to this account apart from me and only me. My son is Autistic and no nothing about numbers or passwords.
    I am the only one so as far as I am concerned I regard this as theft. I want the police involved but I want the money back we can't afford it. One again thanks for your support...Mark
  5. IRB Win User

    Been scammed

    Also, make sure to change your password and enable 2 factor authentication on your account to ensure no one else is using your account, for example if it was given out to another game for game sharing (which is against the rules )
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

    Been scammed

    To get you fraudulent charges reversed, please contact your bank or financial institution and report the fraudulent charges. This is the process for all fraudulent charges on your account. It is no different with Microsoft charges than it would be if you
    saw charges from McDonald's you didn't make. It would be advisable and your financial institution will probably do it any way but your cards will be replaced to prevent unauthorized charges going forward. This is the standard process. This is why it is important
    to monitor your statements and report any unauthorized transactions to your financial institution. This really shouldn't be new information.
Thema:

Been scammed

Loading...
  1. Been scammed - Similar Threads - Been scammed

  2. I pre-ordered AC8 for Xbox physically but haven’t been provided the bonus I was promised (AC0)

    in XboX Insiders
    I pre-ordered AC8 for Xbox physically but haven’t been provided the bonus I was promised (AC0): Hi, was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I pre-ordered AC8 but there was no code or email with a code to download AC0 which was supposed to be a pre-order bonus. Any help...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. I’m so sorry if this has been discussed.

    in XboX Insiders
    I’m so sorry if this has been discussed.: If I’m in the delta tier is there a date when I’ll be able to get mythic achievements? submitted by /u/NoFoundation2756 [link] [comments]
  5. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  6. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  7. My downloads haven't been working since yesterday

    in XboX Insiders
    My downloads haven't been working since yesterday: Speed test is pulling over a 1gb, games are downloading for like 30mbps for a bit and then just hanging. I came home today and saw only 2 games updated. One got kb in it before switching....
  8. Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam: Last night my 13 year old son whilst playing Minecraft was scammed by another person in the chatroom. He had his Minecraft account stolen by accessing his microsoft account. By the time we had the...
  9. Have i been scammed?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have i been scammed?: I bought the season pass for COD BO2 and installed it but i havent recieved the content that comes with it.. i have tried every solution that the internet has given and nothing has worked. This...
  10. Is this a scam or have I been hacked

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is this a scam or have I been hacked: Received this email stating that I made a purchase that I did not. The email contains an attachment but I did not open it. From: [Mod removed- Personal information] Thank you for your...