Battlefield 5 - Game sharing issue

Discus and support Battlefield 5 - Game sharing issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My partner and I have started gamesharing. She has game pass ultimate and is on my new Xbox as an account but when I go into Battlefield 5 it is saying... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Finnian McGinley, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Battlefield 5 - Game sharing issue

My partner and I have started gamesharing. She has game pass ultimate and is on my new Xbox as an account but when I go into Battlefield 5 it is saying I’m in the trial and can’t have access to the online. She has set my Xbox as her home Xbox as well. Is there anything else we are missing as we just want to play that game together

:)

Finnian McGinley, Jun 6, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi, I'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here. Is Battlefield V the only game you are having problems with?

If so, please try removing the account as home xbox and then re-enable it (only do this if you have enough switches left)
  3. Dye Violently Win User

Game Sharing Not working for Battleifield 5

Both , my friend got gifted Battlefield 5 and he is game sharing with me.
  4. ngocphi Win User

game sharing battlefield 5?

No and yes it matters

If you got it as part of ultimate EA play itms only a subscriber option along with xcloud etc
  5. Anna Aidfo Win User

Unfortunately this did not work.

We are unsure wether them game was acquired through purchasing or game pass, but are curious why this might matter?

To clarify I am able to open the game and navigate all the way through setting up a game but once I click play a screen saying “upgrade now: this content is not available to you as a battlefield v trial player. If you want access to this content you need to upgrade this game.” pops up.

We’ve always been under the impression that game sharing gives full access to games, is this not true?
  6. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Anna Aidfc

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

If you are game sharing outside of your household, then please be aware that this violates the Code of Conduct for Xbox. Please see the section v. Fraud benefits no one: Xbox Community Standards | Xbox

Fraud is any attempt to use deceit or misrepresentation for personal or financial gain. When players commit fraud against Xbox, it circumvents the processes that keep things fair for everyone, and ends up making games, add-ons, and subscriptions more expensive for everyone. This also applies to trying to make money through Xbox in unapproved ways, since doing so bypasses safeguards that exist to help keep everyone safe and financially secure.

For example, don’t:

• Give another person access to your Microsoft account
    • Sell or attempt to sell your gamertag or account to someone else
    • Sell in-game content outside of official in-game mechanisms and stores
    • Trade game lessons for Xbox gift cards or other compensation
    • Buy a game from an unauthorized seller
    • Share ways to fraudulently get Xbox Live Gold subscription codes for free
    • Try to get out-of-policy refunds or compensation from Xbox support
    • Give other players the impression that you’re a Microsoft employee
    • Pretend to be an employee of a game developer
    • Intentionally represent yourself as a player other than yourself to cause drama
    • Charge another player to help them complete a level in a game
    The first point is the main point you have broken and if caught by the Enforcement team, you could face an enforcement action on your Xbox account (along with your friend).

If this is the case, then we will have to lock the thread as we are unable to help people break the Code of Conduct and terms of use on this community.

Thanks,

Nathan
Thema:

1. Battlefield 5 - Game sharing issue - Similar Threads - Battlefield Game sharing

2. Battlefield 5 cannot start the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 5 cannot start the game: [img] When Steam launches Battlefield 5, it displays: This application cannot run on your computer. To find a version for your computer, please consult the software publisher. Version Windows 11...
  3. Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?: I try to play ANY Battlefield and it tells me I don’t have access to online. Then try’s to prompt me into buying game pass. It is extremely frustrating because I paid for all of these games....
  4. Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...: WhereWhy does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on release pr order so... what? Where is my game Microsoft? Why am I being asked to pay for game pass to play...
  5. Battlefield v problem if the game pass ultimate was my home

in XboX Insiders
    Battlefield v problem if the game pass ultimate was my home: Most of the players right now on Xbox have problem when they try to play battlefield v the problem happen if you switch from account that have game pass in it and it was my home to the account...
  6. Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox...: Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox series x. I tried resetting it, even a factory reset and no joy. I purchased the new release series s for...
  7. ¿Por qué no puedo jugar multijugador de Battlefield 5 con una cuenta compartida con game pasa?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ¿Por qué no puedo jugar multijugador de Battlefield 5 con una cuenta compartida con game pasa?: Hello, I have a problem with the game Battlefield 5, the problem I have is that I installed it since they lent me an account with the game pass subscription, it appears that I have to have the...
  8. Why are players allowed to still blatantly cheat & use aimbots in battlefield games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are players allowed to still blatantly cheat & use aimbots in battlefield games: When players report these cheats for using aimbots just so they can be top of the leaderboard,a lot if the time nothing is done to remove them from the platform. A lot of the time this is followed...
  9. Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?: My profile has gamepass ultimate and my home Xbox is the Xbox my son plays on. When we download Battlefield 5, my profile can play it, but it won't let my son play it on his profile. It says its a...
  10. Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play family share issue with Battlefield trial error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play family share issue with Battlefield trial error: I've been a subscriber to Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play for a while now and my kids were able to play Battlefield V multiplayer with no problem. In the last week when they try to play on their...