Battlefield 4 Not Playing Ball w/ Concept of Xbox One Family

Discus and support Battlefield 4 Not Playing Ball w/ Concept of Xbox One Family in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was so stoked when I saw how Xbox One was managing Live accounts for children. While I haven't dealt with exactly every gaming system that is out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesForney, Jan 4, 2014.

1. JamesForney
    JamesForney Guest

I was so stoked when I saw how Xbox One was managing Live accounts for children. While I haven't dealt with exactly every gaming system that is out there Xbox One's family concept is light years ahead of any other arrangements I've dealt with to date but
    I'm sorry to report that correct decisions made within Xbox One Family can be undone but individual games. Case in point...

I've always hated having to lie about my sons age in order to allow him to play the shooter games he likes because the gaming consoles we had didn't have anything as sophisticated as Xbox One's family concept to allow parents to effectively manage the types
    of content they feel their children can responsibly handle. I was so happy when I saw that Xbox Family allows a parent to decide what age material their children are allow to view and use. I thought finally I could set their accounts up exactly as they should
    be set up. I set up my son's Live account with the correct birth date, added him to my family and simply indicated that he's allowed to use content with an ESRB rating of mature, 17+. It would be even nicer if I could say by the game which is OK and which
    isn't and may be that is possible but I just haven't figured it out yet because while I think my son surely knows it's OK to shoot a person in Battlefield 4 but not in the real world, Grand Theft Auto is not something I want my son involved with, at any age
    really.

But back to my case in point... you'll find that Battlefield 4 doesn't give a hoot what the parent has indicated their child can view; if your birth date doesn't indicate that your 18+ it's not letting you in. You won't see any message to that effect you'll
    just never make it to the main menu where you can choose whether your playing the single player campaign, or multi-player, etc... I'd love to attach the chat session that I had with EA support staff but I don't see a way to add an attachment here. So now
    I'm back to messing with my son's birth date on his account which undoes all the fine work done by Microsoft with Xbox One Families if I want my son to be able to play Battlefield 4.

:)

JamesForney, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Cobb
    Cobb Guest
    How much will you spend on the Xbox One at launch?

XBox Day One W/Fifa14 - £429
    Forza 5 - £44.99
    Battlefield 4 - £42.00
    Ghosts - £9.99
    Orb Dual Controller Charge Dock - £14.99

£540.97

Still deciding whether to pick up Ryse or not.

Cobb, Jan 4, 2014
  3. EuroDank337
    EuroDank337 Guest
    Post here if removing DRM & check ins brought you back!

Family sharing was a joke. What good is it if you can't play the game at the same time. Family sharing = 1 console playing at a time. Not buy 1 game and have all 4 consoles in you house playing together. Are you going to wait 2 weeks for cousin Jim to beat
    Halo5 so he can share it with you? Not me I want to play it ONLINE on the day of LAUNCH with my FAMILY. Not possible w/ family sharing. People are so uneducated.

EuroDank337, Jan 4, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

I take it that your son is under the age of 13? If so that is a restriction put in place by EA and not by Microsoft. You cant change the age on an account once its created. You can make a new profile and set the age to 18 if you would like.

x24hrs2livex, Jan 5, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

I take it that your son is under the age of 13? If so that is a restriction put in place by EA and not by Microsoft. You cant change the age on an account once its created. You can make a new profile and set the age to 18 if you would like.
  6. Lofty Who Win User

Euro gamer, great PR Microsoft!

All I know is a few friends and family of mine got there today and played Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 running on Xbox One and said they were amazing.

All that matters to me, hearing about the games :)
  7. FLIPTAKU Win User

Battlefield Vets Sound Off!

O yeh I did forget 2 battlefield titles ack!

- Battlefield 1942 w/ all expansions. (PC)

- Battlefield: Vietnam (PC)

- Battlefield 2 w/ all expansion. (PC / still play it)

- Battlefield: Modern Combat (Xbox)

- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (360)

- Battlefield: Bad Company (Xbox 360, PS3)

- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC / Mainly play PC version now)

- Battlefield: PLAY4FREE (PC)

- Battlefield: Heroes (PC)

- Battlefield 2142 (PC)

- Battlefield 1943 (Xbox 360, PS3 /Still play 360 version)
  8. BizarroMantis Win User

What makes next-gen actually next-gen?

Next generation. It's simple. The family tree is Xbox, Xbox 360, and the Xbox One. How is this a difficult concept?
  9. Sid Mintz Win User

Your 10 FAVORITE 360 games of all time...

1.Halo 3

2.W@W

3.Mass Effect

4.Bioshock

5.Battlefield bad co 2

6.Gears of war 2

7.RDR

8.Borderlands

9.MW2

10.Battlefield 3

Special shout out to Dead Space and Battlefield bad co 1.
Thema:

1. Battlefield 4 Not Playing Ball w/ Concept of Xbox One Family - Similar Threads - Battlefield Playing Ball

2. Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?: I try to play ANY Battlefield and it tells me I don’t have access to online. Then try’s to prompt me into buying game pass. It is extremely frustrating because I paid for all of these games....
  3. My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1...: My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1 REVOLUTION 8edb1cb2-e563-416f-a59d-58af67705a1b
  4. How can I play battlefield 2042 with a friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I play battlefield 2042 with a friend?: How can I play battlefield 2042 with a friend? I'm on xbox, he's on PC, he finds me in the game and throws a friendship request, but I don't display it. We have each other as friends in EA, but...
  5. Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...: WhereWhy does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on release pr order so... what? Where is my game Microsoft? Why am I being asked to pay for game pass to play...
  6. can someone help me on EA Play Subscription to play 2042 Battlefield?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can someone help me on EA Play Subscription to play 2042 Battlefield?: I have 20242 battle field. I purchased this game and I have a disc for this. I also purchased EA Play subscription to play this game but it keep asking me to choose other plan while I open the...
  7. Why can’t I play battlefield five it says I need to upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play battlefield five it says I need to upgrade: What can’t I play battlefield five. It says I need to upgrade 0bae8cac-a2b0-42d6-a279-5276e4e9f21f
  8. Can't play battlefield games can't login with acc in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play battlefield games can't login with acc in game: Hallo, I need help.. When I start battlefield 5 or 2042 i came to menu screen with "login with account(name of account)" and I press A. And I wait 20 30 sec and its frezze and go back to main...
  9. I cannot log into ea with my original email. I made a new one so I could play battlefield...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into ea with my original email. I made a new one so I could play battlefield...: I bought a new xbox . Setup using my original email. When I go to Battlefield I cannot login. I made a new email and user name. I played a while with the new email and gamer tag. Now I have to...
  10. Battlefield 2042 not working via EA play

in XBoX on Windows
    Battlefield 2042 not working via EA play: So today i downloaded Battlefield 2042 on EA play app whose subscription i got with xbox game pass for pc, the problem is i am not able to run it, Easy anti cheat is causing issue and then ea app...