Battlefield 2042 series x crashing

Discus and support Battlefield 2042 series x crashing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Previously asked this before (find the link to other question below) however it was marked as ‘solved’ when it hadn’t been solved at all. Since it had... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HomelessHippo69, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Battlefield 2042 series x crashing

Previously asked this before (find the link to other question below) however it was marked as ‘solved’ when it hadn’t been solved at all. Since it had been marked as ‘solved’ it has gained traction and had many more people saying they are experiencing the same issue? A rep from Microsoft told me I need to pay £240 to send my Xbox in for a service. Yet there are many more people with the exact same issue

Mid game battlefield 2042 and ONLY battlefield 2042 will crash to dashboard or fully shutdown Xbox. Playing on series X on a wired connection with the elite series 2 controller.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-series-x-battlefield-2042-crashing/16879ef4-1578-421b-87cf-121d0bcf502c?page=3&messageId=86baa396-2393-49ea-aca1-7f8cb1af0098

:)

HomelessHippo69, Oct 5, 2022
  2. Maldito Tito Win User

XBOX SERIES X BATTLEFIELD 2042 crashing

Title: Battlefield 2042 Crashing and Restarting Xbox Series X

Date: Sept 02, 2022
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why can’t I play my Xbox without being forced to cloud gaming?

Battlefield 2042 is a next-gen game that is specifically designed to take full advantage of the capabilities of the Xbox Series X/S. If your friends have the Xbox Series . Xbox Series X/S game.
  4. YNOT GOON OGC Win User

Also having this issues crashed 3 times in my first game. I really want to play but I literally can't. Also using standard controller and my roommates series s with pro controller works perfectly.
  5. oilygibbon02 Win User

Hi,

I’ve been trying all the same things to fix my series X version too. At one point I suspected possible corrupted save data but after clearing everything I had I went back and it was to no avail.

Interestingly I also have a series S and when I play on that I have had no crashes or issues. I seriously think it’s something to do with the hardware in the series X.
  6. FORCE RECON 93 Win User

How could this possibly be a hardware issue only affecting 1 game? Look at what I've tried.

-Crashes for me on Xbox Series X (not crashing on my PC, I play on both, 2 different accounts)

-Crashes anywhere from 5, 10, 15 minutes to 1-2+ hours (random)

-Can also cause Xbox to shut off, usually after BF2042 crashes and I start it up again to play for a bit.

-Doesn't happen on any other game

-has happened since launch, I've played a ton on every update.

-Had 2 different Xbox Series X consoles and played BF2042 on both with same results

-Happens on both standard and preview versions of the Xbox system software

-Happens with both elite series 2 controller, standard Xbox controller

-no usb devices connected, still happens

-Turn off 4k/ HDR, tried 1440p, 1080p

-Uninstall/ Reinstall

-Install on internal/ external storage

-Unplug power 10 minutes

-Factory reset Xbox (both everything, and keep games/apps)

-Turn down fov

-Play 16,32,64 &128 player modes

-Play vs AI only

-Play on 1000up/1000down ethernet

-Tried switching to wifi

-Change advanced network settings (dns 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4, alternate Mac, alternate port selection), delete quick resume, change power settings, etc....

C'mon, this needs serious escalation and communication with Xbox/EA devs because seemingly no one except Series X|S version players experienced this much crashing, and EA hasn't addressed this.

View my post from today over at EA and upvote for more visibility. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BF2042-Xbox-X-S-crashing-sometimes-hard-crashes-console-since/td-p/11984678
Thema:

1. Battlefield 2042 series x crashing - Similar Threads - Battlefield 2042 series

2. Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...: I am being told that battlefield 2042 is unavailable to down load through the xbox box game pass despite owning the ultimate pass. I am told that the one version is not available for my console...
  3. problem with battlefield 2042 and assasins creed valhalla

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with battlefield 2042 and assasins creed valhalla: Hello I'm having a problem with battlefield 2042 and assasins creed valhalla when I'm playing the game will randomly dashboard I have tried different internet a full xbox reset and still doing it...
  4. Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x): My friend and I both have game pass core but we’re unable to join each other on battlefield 2042. It is saying we need to get game pass. We have tried signing out of our profile, restarting the...
  5. Podczas grania w Battlefield 2042 mam blue screen'a z napisem: "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Podczas grania w Battlefield 2042 mam blue screen'a z napisem: "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap": W podglądzie zdarzeń pisze mi coś takiego: Źródło Kernel-Power Błagam ze wszystkich sił o pomoc... Wpisywanie komend w cmd nie pomagało, sprawdzanie pamięci RAM również... Nie wiem co mam zrobić...
  6. Battlefield 2042 Missing privilege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 2042 Missing privilege: Hello everyone. I have a slight problem.... I just have purchased Game pass core on my Series X to play BF2042 (I have the game on disk), but as soon i press A on the start screen. It wants me...
  7. How can I play battlefield 2042 with a friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I play battlefield 2042 with a friend?: How can I play battlefield 2042 with a friend? I'm on xbox, he's on PC, he finds me in the game and throws a friendship request, but I don't display it. We have each other as friends in EA, but...
  8. Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...: WhereWhy does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on release pr order so... what? Where is my game Microsoft? Why am I being asked to pay for game pass to play...
  9. Xbox series X full shut down - EA FC 24 - Battlefield 2042 - Madden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X full shut down - EA FC 24 - Battlefield 2042 - Madden: Hi, I’m at a loss with this issue I am having. I’m posting on here in the hope that it might actually get somewhere. I’ve been having this issue for more than a year, for some reason I cannot...
  10. can someone help me on EA Play Subscription to play 2042 Battlefield?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can someone help me on EA Play Subscription to play 2042 Battlefield?: I have 20242 battle field. I purchased this game and I have a disc for this. I also purchased EA Play subscription to play this game but it keep asking me to choose other plan while I open the...