Battery support for Xbox One controller

Discus and support Battery support for Xbox One controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, Is it safe to use 2 × 3.7V Li-ion 1200mAh batteries on Xbox One controller? Thanks! efb136e7-5a88-4b55-b12f-025139ed85bd Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScyryuS, Oct 3, 2022.

1. ScyryuS
    ScyryuS Guest

Hello,

Is it safe to use 2 × 3.7V Li-ion 1200mAh batteries on Xbox One controller?

Thanks!

:)

ScyryuS, Oct 3, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You should not use anything other than official battery packs and AA batteries, disposable or rechargeable are fine
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Scyryus

According to a similar thread, the voltage can be too high for the controller.
    Is always good to use batteries with 1.5V or 1.2V (I personally use 2400mAh X 1.2V amazon basic batteries)

Thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it with the console?

Check this support for charge kits and batteries .

Standard AA (LR6) batteries work in your Xbox One Wireless Controller, as do rechargeable AA (LR6) batteries. Note that
    regular rechargeable batteries don’t charge in the controller. Recharge these batteries by the method recommended by the manufacturer.
  5. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Xbox one controller won't work at all

Hi there Thomasarus21,

I want to first verify the batteries you are using, brand, power, etc.

-I start here because this controller does not function off the same power as the xbox 360 controller. Also all batteries are not created to fully function on the xbox one controller. I assume you are using the batteries that come with the controller...but
    just in case....

Here is something you've probably read but I thought to post it just in case :

AA Batteries -
    support.xbox.com/.../using-aa-batteries

Rechargeable batteries -
    support.xbox.com/.../wireless-controller-rechargeable-batteries

In short the resolution is to first buy two batteries per the support link (based on your preferences) but I'm not trying to discount that you may have, in some way purchased a bad controller two times.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Controller randomly turns off

Thema:

1. Battery support for Xbox One controller - Similar Threads - Battery support controller

2. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - How to replace batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - How to replace batteries?: My Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard battery is pretty low and I want to replace the batteries with the new ones. But the battery cover(?) at the back is not openable. I couldn't find any information...
  3. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  4. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  5. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  6. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  7. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  8. Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?: Microsoft says it's compatible to the controllers with usb-c port. And yet gen 8 controllers have micro usb. But as I see, the batteries are exactly identical to each other....
  9. Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...: Hello community! I ordered a controller some time ago, and the controller recently had a tumble and the battery cover broke. Just wondering if there is a way to get a replacement for it, in the...
  10. Should I unplug the power when the battery is 100% or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I unplug the power when the battery is 100% or not?: I have a new gaming laptop "ASUS TUF Dash F15" and I want to handle the battery in the best way to keep it good and functional well and keep its lifetime for the longest time, so my question is:...