Battery monitor

Discus and support Battery monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I noticed with the fall update you can no longer press the center button (big glowing X) to assess your controllers battery state of charge.Compared to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Grandpa Tony69, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Battery monitor

I noticed with the fall update you can no longer press the center button (big glowing X) to assess your controllers battery state of charge.Compared to the 360 elite cord/battery interface,Microsoft backstepped(it sucks).Is it just something you overlooked?Or
    has it been determined that it’s not something we need?The charging battery creates a hum in the headset for everyone in the party except the guy who is charging his controller battery.It’s annoying that the next gen console isnt as smooth as the 360,and I’d
    like to know if it’s-oh-look at that,it just popped up in the right csude of the screen.But,hey,we get a hum in the headset of party members when the controller is plugged in-original Xbox 1and the 1s.

:)

Grandpa Tony69, Oct 20, 2017
  2. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    Checking battery

add a new set each morning. The controller maybe should have required another battery if it indeed does so much more than the 360. Maybe they figured that a battery monitor would again take more battery, LOL.

drivesafely, Oct 20, 2017
  3. How often do the batteries in your control run out?

I had that problem when I had the USB pack controller. That's why I got the battery powered one. There should always be an option in the console's setup to have a battery icon in the corner so you can monitor that.

NuclearDragon, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Battery monitor

yeah,only works on the home screen-in a game or app you cannot see the state of charge of the battery until the ‘green light pops’-and you should issue a proper controller battery and cord with a 360 elite-esque interface ( large,proper locking Juncture)
    to everyone who bought an Xbox 1 or 1s-I could not believe I ‘upgraded’ to this crap

Grandpa Tony69, Oct 20, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Hey Grandpa Tony69! If you'd like to see this change, you will want to submit the idea
    here. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

Battery monitor

Hey Grandpa Tony69! If you'd like to see this change, you will want to submit the idea
    here. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  7. Grandpa Tony69 Win User

Battery monitor

yeah,only works on the home screen-in a game or app you cannot see the state of charge of the battery until the ‘green light pops’-and you should issue a proper controller battery and cord with a 360 elite-esque interface ( large,proper locking Juncture)
    to everyone who bought an Xbox 1 or 1s-I could not believe I ‘upgraded’ to this crap
  8. drivesafely Win User

Checking battery

add a new set each morning. The controller maybe should have required another battery if it indeed does so much more than the 360. Maybe they figured that a battery monitor would again take more battery, LOL.
  9. RippenHarra Win User

XB1 UI

I love it. @ dudeski what battery life do you speak of? And snap is fantastic for getting to party options and friends quickly via voice.

* edit. You mean controller battery life monitor. Got it. I never paid attention to the one on 360. My controller would just start to disconnect and I knew it was time to plug it in or put the fresh battery in.
  10. IceStorm III Win User

Monitor Flickering

[quote user="PegasusStrike"]I've since purchased an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and my monitor stopped having the "flickering" issues when I turned my light or fan off when it's connected to my computer. When I use my Xbox, I plug it into my UPS,
    but the monitor still goes dark for 2-3 seconds when I turn my light off or my fan off.[/quote]Is your monitor plugged into a battery-backed UPS outlet or a surge suppressed UPS outlet? Is your UPS showing voltage fluctuations when you turn on/off the light
    and fan?

If the monitor is not on a battery-backed UPS outlet, try that first. You should also install whatever monitoring software your UPS came with and see what it's showing when you turn on/off the light and fan.
Thema:

Battery monitor

1. Battery monitor - Similar Threads - Battery monitor

2. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  3. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  4. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  5. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  6. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  7. Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?: Microsoft says it's compatible to the controllers with usb-c port. And yet gen 8 controllers have micro usb. But as I see, the batteries are exactly identical to each other....
  8. Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...: Hello community! I ordered a controller some time ago, and the controller recently had a tumble and the battery cover broke. Just wondering if there is a way to get a replacement for it, in the...
  9. Should I unplug the power when the battery is 100% or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I unplug the power when the battery is 100% or not?: I have a new gaming laptop "ASUS TUF Dash F15" and I want to handle the battery in the best way to keep it good and functional well and keep its lifetime for the longest time, so my question is:...
  10. My Xbox One controller stopped turning on with batteries, only with cable, and it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller stopped turning on with batteries, only with cable, and it is...: A while ago the controller had had connection problems, but these were solvable and in the end I could still play, but now it is no longer possible, if I only use batteries (checked that they are...