Bannerlord Will Not Install to Correct Folder

Discus and support Bannerlord Will Not Install to Correct Folder in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have the install folder for my XBOX PC App games set to XboxGames. This is where all other of my games have installed successfully with no issues.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Charlie Simpson-Hall, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Bannerlord Will Not Install to Correct Folder

I have the install folder for my XBOX PC App games set to XboxGames. This is where all other of my games have installed successfully with no issues. Every time I try to download Bannerlord, it installs to the WindowsApps folder and as a result I cannot access the .exe for the game. I have spent hours on hold with tech support and so far the only suggestion they had was for me to repair my windows installation, which did nothing to help. I've tried uninstalling, checking my settings are correct, and reinstalling 5 times now, but it keeps installing to WindowsApps and no one seems to know why. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

:)

Charlie Simpson-Hall, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Ana William Win User

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing may be related to the permissions set on the XboxGames folder. In order to ensure that the game installs to the correct folder, you may need to adjust the folder permissions to allow the Xbox PC App to write to that folder.

To do this, you can try the following steps:

1. Right-click on the XboxGames folder and select "Properties."
    2. Click on the "Security" tab.
    3. Click on "Edit" to change the permissions.
    4. Click on "Add" to add a new user or group.
    5. Enter "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" in the object name field and click "Check Names" to confirm it is a valid entry.
    6. Click "OK" to add the user or group.
    7. Select the new user or group from the list and give it "Full Control" permissions.
    8. Click "OK" to save the changes.
    Once you've made these changes, try reinstalling the game and see if it installs to the correct folder. If this doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to contact Xbox support again or seek further assistance from a Windows or IT professional.
  3. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. May I know are you installing the game from the Game Pass?
  4. nuclearaddict Win User

I cannot locate or access the main folder to Mount and Blade; Bannerlord (Game Pass PC)

Thank you for replying, but I need help with the Bannerlord folder itself. No matter what I do it will not open or locate the folder it installed to. When I try to open it from the Game settings on Game Pass, I click it and it does nothing.

I've tried opening it from taskmanager, Treesize, run, everything. It acts like it does not exist. I can see it is installed on the C: drive, but it's folder is completely hidden. No other game that I have installed has ever done this.
  5. Daniel Telleno Win User

I cannot locate or access the main folder to Mount and Blade; Bannerlord (Game Pass PC)

I would ignore microsoft support in general. They're pretty useless. The reason you can't find it is because the gamepass version uses a different file system than Steam. Game pass version does not have a direct installation location as it seems they split the game files into multiple folders that are conglomerated together with a launcher file. The closest you'll get to an actual game file is (install drive) >Xbox Games>Mount & Blade II-Bannerlord>Content>gamelaunchhelper
  6. Flawless Host Win User

Save files?

on the directory that they're installed correct? currently when i go into that appdata folder theres only a single game file in there for a game not on game pass?
Thema:

1. Bannerlord Will Not Install to Correct Folder - Similar Threads - Bannerlord Install Correct

2. Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X: I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  3. How to change Mount And Blade: Bannerlord Version from 1.1.6 to 1.1.4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change Mount And Blade: Bannerlord Version from 1.1.6 to 1.1.4?: i Bought bannerlord from microsoft store how to change the version? in steam i can change by click on the beta version menu in properties thanks ed6752ad-21fd-4cd4-9a7e-1e7e6cf93fa1
  4. I cannot locate or access the main folder to Mount and Blade; Bannerlord (Game Pass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot locate or access the main folder to Mount and Blade; Bannerlord (Game Pass PC): As the subject line says. I've searched the entire drive, tried to open the folder location through the Xbox game settings window, I tried to open the location in Task Manager; it does absolutely...
  5. Help with my Mount and Blade Bannerlord not launching.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with my Mount and Blade Bannerlord not launching.: When I start the game after downloading on gamepass it opens the launcher but I can't interact with it. When I hover my mouse over it it just gives me the loading cursor. It sits like that for...
  6. Why is there so many updates for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there so many updates for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?: It feels like every 2 days there is a new update for the game above 20gb each time. I cannot even play it because it needs yet another update. Have done the whole uninstall reinstall but no luck,...
  7. Can't access in-game menu in Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access in-game menu in Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord: When in game I can't click any of the icons on the bottom left of the screen. I am unable to level up my character or access quests or anything like that and I can't find anything about this on...
  8. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord isn't available through Xbox via Windows?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord isn't available through Xbox via Windows?: So, I just purchased Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord through the Xbox store website recently and the game made a clear distinction that one of the places to play was through PC and use of the Xbox...
  9. Smart delivery on Mount and Blade 2, bannerlord

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Smart delivery on Mount and Blade 2, bannerlord: I know this game isn't showing as a play anywhere. But is shows as playable on pc. Will i need to buy 2 copy of this game? I play on both platforms 9e31fe97-5b8e-4d45-b8f2-de5fe365d21d
  10. Xbox please add mount and blades 2 bannerlord

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox please add mount and blades 2 bannerlord: Xbox could you please add mount & blades 2 bannerlord because I really like mount & blades warband (preferably add to game pass as well). submitted by /u/Obi_Wan_Kenobi_Ewan [link] [comments]