Banned From Xbox Live Comms After Death Threat To My Family

Discus and support Banned From Xbox Live Comms After Death Threat To My Family in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello fellow gamers, So - about a week ago a player (MK#9810 - I believe) played a few rounds of raids with me in Breakpoint. He was kicked from the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TylerSweeney-663C5354-F6C, May 26, 2022.

1. Banned From Xbox Live Comms After Death Threat To My Family

Hello fellow gamers,

So - about a week ago a player (MK#9810 - I believe) played a few rounds of raids with me in Breakpoint. He was kicked from the party and game because he didn't speak the entire time - rightfully so, if you've ever played Breakpoint raids; they require the highest level of communication and teamwork.

Anyways, he proceeded to continuously join the party (despite being reported and blocked for poor "sportsmanship" or whatever Microsoft calls it - by everyone in the party) for about 2 hours. I have no idea how - as he should've been completely unable to join any of our games/party in the first place.

So - he trolled us for about 2 hours - at which point he began sending messages asking "how Sidney and Max were"... then began asking if they "were sleeping well"... I assume that he was referring to someone's children/wife - because he then began sending wedding photos of a husband and wife to me via Xbox live chat.

So - long story short - this guy though that I was someone that I was not. He threatened my (not) wife and children - then sent photos of the husband and wife - attempting to scare me I suppose. This guy was from Australia - per his accent. I am from the US... He clearly thought that I was someone that he knew; or possibly - somehow searched my IP and found someone who he thought that I was. He VERY LITERALLY THREATENED TO KILL "US".

At any rate, I soon got frustrated and sent him a return photo of myself, flipping the middle finger. Not very nice of me - no.... but proving that he was threatening the wrong person.

Microsoft, or Xbox live, rather - then proceeded to ban me from social communications (starting yesterday... even though the date of the event was several days ago)....

So my question is this - what exactly does Microsoft, or Xbox, plan to do about this situation? Microsoft only cares about someone flipping the middle finger to someone who threatened to kill someone's family...? =|

I couldn't really care less about being banned for a couple of days - but I find it rather pathetic that Microsoft bans me; as opposed to the person who is sending death threats to a person that he does not even know - but thinks he does. Let me know what you'll do - MODS!

:)

TylerSweeney-663C5354-F6C, May 26, 2022
  2. Daft Badger Win User

xbox live ...whats been your worst experience with the service ?

Killing each other in a game & making actual death threats are completely different things.

You'd get banned from xbox live for doing the same thing.
  3. AaronReddish Win User

Banned after receiving death threats

Police had it in blocked to build evidence the individuals have been reported several times over past 72 hours.
  4. AaronReddish Win User

With all due respect I was advised by the police to keep the message feed open due to an investigation your response is in warranted and quite frankly disgusting those individuals are free to abuse who they want and go round telling people the need blowing up and to go die it was reported prior by several members of my gaming community yet they have been allowed to carry on trolling ourselves
  5. AaronReddish Win User

They are not allowing myself to open a case Microsoft have gone to pot
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Have you not blocked the people in question? Did you respond to their messages?

Some people will troll people to try and provoke a response so they can then report them. For an enforcement action of the seriousness you describe, then the team would need to investigate which may take time...unfortunately, people can't be suspended from Xbox Live pending the outcome else people could use it to get people temporarily banned with fake reports etc

All you can do is to report the offending posts, not respond to any of them and then block the people in question
Thema:

Banned From Xbox Live Comms After Death Threat To My Family

1. Banned From Xbox Live Comms After Death Threat To My Family - Similar Threads - Banned Live Comms

2. Banned from Xbox live today for no reason nor was I given one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned from Xbox live today for no reason nor was I given one: Today I was told that my Xbox live account is suspended indefinitely for violating community standards. I appealed and it was denied with, again, no explanation as to why! This isn’t fair as I’m...
  3. How come I get banned from Xbox live for bad language and my thread gets locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come I get banned from Xbox live for bad language and my thread gets locked: While playing cod zombies I went down and I asked for help and a player got mouthy with me calling me a **** a retard and everything under the sun and I get banned from live when there’s strong...
  4. How come I get banned from xbox live for using bad language in a game that’s rated M for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come I get banned from xbox live for using bad language in a game that’s rated M for...: As I stated I was playing call of duty MW3 zombies when I went down and I asked players for help and a guy asked where I was and when I told him I didn’t know where I was he started bad mouthing...
  5. False ban from Xbox live - unable to appeal

in XBoX Accessibility
    False ban from Xbox live - unable to appeal: Hi! It seems like I have gotten a false ban from Xbox Live and Im unable to submit an appeal, as the enforcement system doesn't even give me an option to do so. The comment was "cut yourself...
  6. My xbox live account was stolen and banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox live account was stolen and banned: I tried to challenge the permanent ban, cuz i want to play, i want to purchase any content in destiny 2. But i cant because my appellation was rejected. I cant link a new account to Bungie.net,...
  7. I got banned for no reason on my Xbox live via a chat with a random.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I got banned for no reason on my Xbox live via a chat with a random.: I responded to a random chat dm from someone (I assume from rocket league) today, and he proceeded to message back over 50 different messages, calling me multiple homophobic and sexist slurs, and...
  8. hello I think i was wrongfully banned from xbox live. Because I didn't do anything. İ just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hello I think i was wrongfully banned from xbox live. Because I didn't do anything. İ just...: Hello, I think i was wrongfully wrongfully banned from xbox live. Because I didn't do anything. İ just play games and that's all can someone help me with it. Thank you......
  9. How in the living hell does this gamer picture get me banned for 2 days?? Absolutely shocking

in XBoX Accessibility
    How in the living hell does this gamer picture get me banned for 2 days?? Absolutely shocking: I don’t understand what is offensive about this image, it’s absolutely shocking I get banned for this [img] 067151cc-b4d5-4ee1-8d62-1075ac518ecf
  10. I have two bans and both end one day apart can the xbox live ban be out and the comm ban ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two bans and both end one day apart can the xbox live ban be out and the comm ban ...: I got banned because I had it with a hacker who managed to get my phone number and harass me via phone and I had it and I responded back via Xbox (not the smartest move) but, I was wondering...