Ban Keyword from Gamertag Search

Discus and support Ban Keyword from Gamertag Search in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, after a disappointing result from my enforcement gamertag change (where I was acknowledged to be perceived as a racist), I would like ensure... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Unamused Bunny, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Ban Keyword from Gamertag Search

Hello,

after a disappointing result from my enforcement gamertag change (where I was acknowledged to be perceived as a racist), I would like ensure nobody makes the same mistake as I and be forced to spend $14 to change your gamertag.

I have two questions:

1. How do I get a keyword removed from the "Gamertag search" page as a viable new gamertag?

Sign in to your Microsoft account

2. How do I ensure any other gamertags with the same keyword suffer the same level of enforcement as I did?

Would I have to manually report each gamertag one by one, or is the enforcement team proactively identifying this list based on the results of my case.

Thanks,

- Anthony

:)

Unamused Bunny, Sep 25, 2018
  2. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest
    The1337gamer, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Will i get banned using this gamertag?

I'd ban you

I'd ban you hard

FakeUmentaries, Sep 25, 2018
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

{Parity}, Sep 25, 2018
  5. thanks for the link {Parity}.

I'm assuming based on your response, you don't have the answers to my questions?

6. 1. I am not sure about what you're asking. Ban a keyword? The people search function in Xbox only searches for exact gamertags, as far as I know. I can't pull up people by partial gamert If you are worried about privacy,

you can control how
    your Xbox Live account communicates with others.

2. I wouldn't bother hunting down offensive gamertags similar to yours, as you'd just be wasting your time. Reports will come naturally as these users play online and expose their gamertags to other people.

Offensive gamertags are often reported by other players, and the reports get personally reviewed by Enforcement members. They are trained to detect offensive hints, references, or innuendos that the automated gamertag word filter couldn't catch.

More information:

Internet Expert, Sep 25, 2018
  7. Hi Internet Expert, thank you for your response.

In regards to question #1, I'm talking about the Xbox change gamertag page. I highlighted the link above:

When I input my old gamertag, it's still making suggestions and allowing me to pick a name almost exactly the same (with a slight number change).

Some sensitive words are not suggested at all by the engine. Is there a way to get my banned gamertag added to the blacklist of sensitive words?

I could send a screenshot to make it clearer, but I fear breaching the forum code of conduct.

In regards to question #2, I think that would be a very poor response from the enforcement to only follow up on reports, and not be proactive in their approach. I feel I've been a victim of an unwarranted report by a fellow gamer with a personal vendetta
    against me. I disagree the reports do come naturally, as I held my previous gamertag for over 10 years.

I think it's unjust for others to be able to keep their gamertag and not I, even though they share the same keyword that has violated the code of conduct. Don't you agree?

8. Geth
    Geth Guest

Can you elaborate?

Do you mean a filter of what is and what is not allowed?

9. Well im sure there is a way to blacklist or add sometype of filter to remove some words. But use the link they provided and it may help u.

The7thLetter23, Sep 25, 2018
  10. Hi Geth,

if you do as search, and the gamertag is taken, you get suggestions immediately below:

Ban Keyword from Gamertag Search [​IMG]

My banned gamertag also works the same way, and the search engine provides suggestions. If the search engine makes suggestions like this, users might assume it is ok to use this banned keyword. I want to prevent others making the same mistake as I, and be
    forced to pay for a new gamertag later down the track.

For certain sensitive words, the search engine is clever enough to not make any suggestions at all.

Can we prevent my former gamertag from being allowed at all in the new gamertag creation?

I'm also interested if you have anything to say in relation to my second question?

Is there a way I can speak to someone in the enforcement department about this?

Thanks

11. which link The7thLetter23?

12. I see what your asking for in your first question. As to the best of my knowledge, no there isn't a way to report that specific feature to make other keywords become blacklisted. The only possible way I can think of would be contacting general support to
    report the issue but I don't know how fast or even likely you'd see results.

As for the second, technically you could find other gamertags and report them but I feel that would mostly be out of malice. Instead, depending on how long ago the enforcement happened it might be better to go directly to the enforcement page Internet Expert
    posted to see if you can file an appeal. If the appeal is approved you might get the old gamertag back. Otherwise as Internet Export also said, the reports do come through naturally but they also are proactive in finding issues.

Ambassador Kingz, Sep 25, 2018
  13. Ban Keyword from Gamertag Search

From the very start I got so confused

HyperVenom523, Sep 25, 2018
  14. Thanks Ambassador Kingz. I'm glad you understand my questions. I will contact general support regarding the first issue.

Unfortunately my enforcement appeal was denied this morning. I promise you my endeavours to call out similar violations is not out of malice, only justice. I think it's unfair for me to get personally punished for my gamertag, which I had for over 10 years,
    while others continue to keep and enjoy playing with their gamertag of the same nature.

Losing this gamertag has caused me quite a lot of distress and embarrassment in the past week. If part of my enforcement introduced a blanket ban on the keyword, then I would be understanding in its initiate towards the greater good in the xbox live community.

Unfortunately, I feel like I was a victim of malice, and not applying a blanket ban on the word just supports this kind of vindictive behaviour in the community. If you're disgruntled against a certain player, just report their gamertag. There's a good chance
    you can tie a code of conduct violation to it, and force a $14 charge to change their newly appointed and auto-assigned name.

Is there anyone in the enforcement team I can speak to directly in regards to this and their proactive approach to gamertag violations?

Thanks

15. I can only assume due to the lack of response to my last question, there is no method for me to contact the enforcement team in regards to this matter.

So I'll begin the arduous task of reporting gamertags one-by-one that incur a similar breach to the code of conduct as my former gamertag. I hope these efforts will preserve the quality and equality of the xbox live service.

I thank the ambassadors for their time.

I'm still disappointed with my biased treatment from the enforcement team, and feel ostracized from the community. However, I hope to turn the situation into a positive one with my proactive efforts to create a safe and welcoming environment.

Unamused Bunny, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Ban Keyword from Gamertag Search - Similar Threads - Ban Keyword Gamertag

2. Wrongful ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrongful ban: This is the 2nd time I’ve been wrongfully banned for a profile picture why and it’s not nude or inapropriate in any way what so ever it’s getting old. b0e223ec-8f9d-4d79-ad82-d08077c230d4
  3. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  4. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  5. banned

in XBoX on Windows
    banned: Hello, I made a new account just to contact you guys because my main account was permanently banned without the ability to contact u guys the username is cliff1186 I just wanted to say I had sold...
  6. permanently banned untill my account has been suspended untill 12/31/9999.

in XBoX on Consoles
    permanently banned untill my account has been suspended untill 12/31/9999.: How ever you are suspended for your account deleted Roblox Xbox series x or Xbox one ada6e8eb-e791-4193-8ff5-d2102ad25eb0
  7. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...
  8. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  9. Are milsims banned from Xbox now?

in XBoX on Windows
    Are milsims banned from Xbox now?: Hi! I’ve been using Xbox services both console and PC for several years now. During this time, one of my favorite past times have been clanning and doing mislims on the Xbox platform. For the...
  10. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...