Balancing Skype and Game volumes (not using snap)

Discus and support Balancing Skype and Game volumes (not using snap) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been playing a few games online with friends on my Xbox One, and we have been using Skype for chat. My friends, for various reasons, are using a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shymlark, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Shymlark
    Shymlark Guest

I have been playing a few games online with friends on my Xbox One, and we have been using Skype for chat. My friends, for various reasons, are using a laptop for Skype rather than using Skype or built in chat on their Xboxes. However, I am using Skype on
    my Xbox. The problem I have is balancing volume between Skype and the game. There are settings for balancing the volume between apps when snap is being used, and that does work with Skype too. However, I don't want to to play with a portion of the screen showing
    Skype - I want to play fullscreen with Skype in the background. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any settings to adjust either the game or Skype volume when Skype is running in the background. In case relevant, the games in question are Halo (all of them)
    and Destiny, although I would like a solution that works regardless of game.

Does anyone know how to balance sound between background apps (not snapped) and a main app/game running in the foreground? I suppose I would most like to reduce game volume and increase Skype volume. I appreciate that such sound balancing is possible using
    the built in Xbox chat, but I need to make it work with Skype.

Many thanks for your help.

:)

Shymlark, Dec 18, 2015
  2. infamous.9
    infamous.9 Guest
    Skype output chat volume decreased

I was wondering if anyone had some info or resolution on why when using the skype app for xb1 my output volume is quiet? I have came from a party (had to use skype because the party app crashed, imagine that) that everone could hear me fine, to them barely
    being able to hear me. I made sure it wasnt using the kinect for voice by muting my mic, but then they dont hear anything, so its def using my headset mic for voice. I looked into skype settings and the snap volume settings but couldnt find much. Any help
    would be great!

Thanks

infamous.9, Dec 18, 2015
  3. question about snap

you can not have a game running and have skype in snap view

DeliriumBlades, Dec 18, 2015
  4. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

support.xbox.com/.../skype-faq

Can I use snap with Skype?

The initial release of Skype for Xbox One does not support snapping Skype to another running application; however, we are working to release this in a future update.

There is actual date to my knowledge.
  5. Claudius.H Win User

Skype/Games/Other Apps Refuse to open or crash shortly after

Did you try starting the Skype app in snapped mode as described in
    support.xbox.com/.../multitask-with-snap
    ?

Members of the Skype Community reported that using this workaround they were able to start Skype and also later on switch to full screen mode and the app continued to work.
  6. RippenHarra Win User

Xb1 Snapshot?

The snap feature? Was the little bit that pops up on the right of screen. They demo used snap Skype , snap Internet explorer , snap fantasy league. I'm sure you could snap a game and get your MP matchmaking started but yes of you have a disc game your snapping
    then you would have to go find the disc to insert it.
  7. Claudius.H Win User

Can't Snap Skype.....

Currently Skype for Xbox One doesn't support snapping. Check the section "I’m missing a feature in Skype for Xbox One. Where is it?" in the FAQ here:

support.xbox.com/.../skype-faq

You can snap other apps like IE, Music and Video to the running Skype app though.
  8. Bear on the job Win User

Can't Snap Skype.....

This is a huge facepalm situation, and false advertising I might add. So many demos have shown Skype working in snap mode, with video chat in the snapped window. Skype is only useful to me if I can snap it while doing something else. I don't think I would
    ever use it as the main focused window. Completely dumbfounded by this.
Thema:

1. Balancing Skype and Game volumes (not using snap) - Similar Threads - Balancing Skype Game

2. Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?: Recently got money for xbox and wanted to know if i can withdraw the money from it f4f6e7cd-00ee-4076-afcb-2adacd9779f2
  3. Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance: Hello, I have slight hearing loss and I was wondering/suggesting a Left/Right channel balance like there is on Windows. For a company that parades its forwardness towards people with...
  4. I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.: I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the 6044f4fc-6db5-4086-a8bb-d3dfb402a827
  5. Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.

in XboX Insiders
    Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.: I would be curious what first stage game testing and development looks like. I am a professional in the mental health field and like to game. My issue is that at the end of a work day I am...
  6. Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help: Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help 87b69d64-4874-4212-8664-2a07504ba6d2
  7. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  8. Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store: I am trying to use my account balance to pre-order an Xbox game on the website and it is not showing up when I select a payment method. The game is only available to pre-order on the website, so I...
  9. My account balance is positive (and enough) but when I click to buy v-bucks it’s showing as...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account balance is positive (and enough) but when I click to buy v-bucks it’s showing as...: I’m trying to buy v-bucks for my son. The Microsoft account is showing £18.00 but when he goes to purchase it gives the option of buying with Microsoft balance of £3.01 …. How can I sort this...
  10. Balance issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Balance issues: I added money to my sons account. It shows two lots of £10 added in the transaction list when logged in on line and when viewed in the family app. However it only shows the £20 balance on line and...