Bad HDD?

Discus and support Bad HDD? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I know if the HDD is bad? I have a 320GB HDD that will not play games. The game works just fine with another 250GB HDD. How can I fix my HDD?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sx700r54, Jan 3, 2014.

1. sx700r54
    sx700r54 Guest

Bad HDD?

How do I know if the HDD is bad? I have a 320GB HDD that will not play games. The game works just fine with another 250GB HDD. How can I fix my HDD?

:)

sx700r54, Jan 3, 2014
  2. bad bad bad service

its possible pay 700 euro of xbox gold and game pass for each year and cant connect my profile..every day there is a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldstein1984, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Bad, just Bad

(SPOILERS)

I agree. Those side missions are clever but rubbish - they're more like strategy games. The 'remote control' spiders annoying. The levels where you have to 'race' around are too. I could go on. I felt like I was playing Quake: ground war, Ghost Recon or
    Splinter Cell at times (good games in their own right) but I want to play COD: FPS! I agree, OP....Treyarch need to stick to what they're good at!

Saying that...MP is still good (more of the same really) and zombies is excellent with a bunch of mates.

Snotty Chunks, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Bad HDD?

If it's not "playing games" then I'd say it's a safe bet that it's defective. There is nothing you can do. A formatting may be a temporary solution but whatever damaged sectors caused it to mess up in the first place will reassert themselves more dramatically
    than before.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 3, 2014
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Bad HDD?

If it's not "playing games" then I'd say it's a safe bet that it's defective. There is nothing you can do. A formatting may be a temporary solution but whatever damaged sectors caused it to mess up in the first place will reassert themselves more dramatically
    than before.
  6. jschu11 Win User

xbox wont load past loading screen

The Game does work with HDD removed ........HDD is bad????
  7. KindGryphon Win User

250GB Slim Hard Drive Not Being Recognized by Xbox 360 Slim Console...

If none of the steps above resolve the issue then yeah either the HDD has gone bad or the hdd connection inside the system has gone bad
  8. FabioHVSilva Win User

Cleaning my Xbox One S

That is a problem of HDD. I would suggest to get an extern hdd. That's mean the internal HDD only will work with the SO. The HDD could have bad sectores.
  9. JeffMomm Win User

long load times

I had a very similar issue with my old HDD, although not as bad. It would take 2-3 minutes to load. I bought a new HDD and moved everything over, and the game was back to how it was originally before my HDD went bad.
Thema:

Bad HDD?

1. Bad HDD? - Similar Threads - Bad HDD

2. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  3. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  4. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  5. How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...: How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair because one of the Joysticks has really bad stick drift? c19310fb-9d72-4783-adfa-be8601535d2f
  6. If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  7. Graphics become bad when I get in a game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Graphics become bad when I get in a game.: My game looks fine but as soon as I get into a game of Rainbow Six Siege the graphics become very bad and the same as Xbox one graphics. I own a ps5 and there is a huge difference. Please help?...
  8. HDD Bad Sector, switch to new SSD... And i stuck to this...

in XboX Insiders
    HDD Bad Sector, switch to new SSD... And i stuck to this...: I want to reinstall the system on my Xbox One X, and i forgot that i a insider. My system is 10.0.2261.2833. Thats it... im stuck... Thats is no OSU1 to reinstall... Or have and i don´t know ?...
  9. How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad?

in XboX Insiders
    How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad?: I've noticed a lot of lag and dashboard not loading up the pass few weeks. I had to do a hard reset Everytime I wanted to play my Xbox 1x (which also would also freeze up at 4k screen before Xbox...
  10. Is my HDD going bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my HDD going bad?: Need some help - I think I broke hubby's Xbox while he's deployed... eek! We have a 360 Slim with a memory stick. It's been totally fine up until last night. Had Fallout New Vegas in the drive,...