Backwards compatible games have washed out sound and buggy audio

Discus and support Backwards compatible games have washed out sound and buggy audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; all of the cutscenes on original Xbox games have almost muted muffled sound but the gameplay audio is fine and 360 games have the same issue but also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bigboyxx, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Bigboyxx
    Bigboyxx Guest

all of the cutscenes on original Xbox games have almost muted muffled sound but the gameplay audio is fine and 360 games have the same issue but also bugged in game audio which requires the camera to be right on the "source" of audio I'm on an Xbox one x and have had this problem for months

:)

Bigboyxx, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

"POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  3. Reizuh Win User

Washed out colours with backwards compatible

the thing is, it worked perfectly a week ago - i dont know what happened. my monitor settings are fine and MW2 plays perfectly. Ive seen on the forums that this has happened to other people with a single game and not others.

I came up with a semi solution by turning HDR off on my xbox which makes skate look normal again however doing this then means im not actually getting HDR and just standard image but this still looks better than when HDR is on.

also when skate loads my monitor goes black for a second as if its adjusting and then pops up in the corner that HDR is now turned on
  4. XBF Esteban R Win User

5. SpyShadow Win User

This might be an issue with the game Skate 3 itself and how it appears in HDR..I would be curious if others were experiencing a similar issue....
  6. Murderstyle75 Win User

Optical Out - What is it for??

Backwards compatability for games and audio systems are entirely different things. The term backwards compatability and a standard connection like "optical" shouldn't even exist in the same sentence. And even if the current headsets don't work, "Dolby Headphone"
    is pretty much the standard for surround sound headphone technology. This takes Dolby 5.1 Source Material and creates a 7.1 matrix.
Thema:

1. Backwards compatible games have washed out sound and buggy audio - Similar Threads - Backwards compatible games

2. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  3. problem with old fifa game backward compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    problem with old fifa game backward compatibility: Hello, I have an old fifa 10 360 disc in perfect condition Ms support says If I have the disc I can play offline however I can't install it when I put the disc into my xbox Series x. submitted by...
  4. I can't sign in on backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in on backwards compatible games: I can do the download profile because my password is longer that 16 characters can anyone help me please dadf3f99-b3a7-4ddc-9631-417761c36805
  5. Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox: I would love to be able to play my old smack down vs raw titles on my series x and any other games I purchased for xbox 360. It doesn't make sense to limit or restrict playable libraries. If I've...
  6. Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games: I just downloaded COD Black Ops on my Xbox Series X yesterday and every time I try to load it or the original COD MW2 (which I already had installed and was working fine a couple days ago) the...
  7. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  8. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  9. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  10. Error code 8015D000 when attempting to play backwards compatible games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 8015D000 when attempting to play backwards compatible games.: Hi! I recently got an Xbox Series X and one of the main reasons for getting it was to be able to play call of duty zombies via backwards compatibility. I have finally gotten on it and cannot...