Backwards Compatible Game bought digital not showing as owned

Discus and support Backwards Compatible Game bought digital not showing as owned in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i just bought two backwards compatible games on the xbox store on my one and they installed but when I tried to play them, it shows the screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CliftonWarter, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Backwards Compatible Game bought digital not showing as owned

So i just bought two backwards compatible games on the xbox store on my one and they installed but when I tried to play them, it shows the screen saying the person who owns it needs to sign in. I went through the troubleshooting and no luck. The purchases show in my order history but the store is showing I need to buy them even though I already did. How do I fix this to where it shows that I bought the games so I can play them. It does show in my order history.

:)

CliftonWarter, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Can I access my Xbox 360 content on my new series s

Anything you bought digitally should show under your Games and Apps as ready to install. If you own any of the games on disc, you would have to use the disc which is why they won't show on their own.

Any games that are not showing, may not be backwards compatible. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backward-compatibility
  3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Hello @CliftonWarter, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step kindly try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2 to 3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please try to check you games in the order games history in this following website : Microsoft account | Home

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Backwards compatible games requiring re-purchase on Xbox One?

Hi,

All of the games you purchased previously for Xbox 360 and are
    Backwards compatible
    should show on your account. If a digital Xbox 360 game you owned digitally is not on the BC list it won't show as available to download.

If your achievements for a game are not showing on your account then you must have played it using a different account. Same would be true for a purchased game. If it's not there you probably bought it with either a different account or you had the disc
    version of the game.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Suddenly got 6 360-games and 3 others listed on my brand new X1 - how did that happend?

Any digital copies of 360 games that you own will automatically show on your ready to install list if they are made backwards compatible.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Games from old Xbox 360

In your Games and Apps go to Full Library and then filter by ready to install. It'll show any backwards compatible games you own digitally that haven't already been installed.
Thema:

1. Backwards Compatible Game bought digital not showing as owned - Similar Threads - Backwards Compatible Game

2. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  3. problem with old fifa game backward compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    problem with old fifa game backward compatibility: Hello, I have an old fifa 10 360 disc in perfect condition Ms support says If I have the disc I can play offline however I can't install it when I put the disc into my xbox Series x. submitted by...
  4. I can't sign in on backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in on backwards compatible games: I can do the download profile because my password is longer that 16 characters can anyone help me please dadf3f99-b3a7-4ddc-9631-417761c36805
  5. Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox: I would love to be able to play my old smack down vs raw titles on my series x and any other games I purchased for xbox 360. It doesn't make sense to limit or restrict playable libraries. If I've...
  6. Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games: I just downloaded COD Black Ops on my Xbox Series X yesterday and every time I try to load it or the original COD MW2 (which I already had installed and was working fine a couple days ago) the...
  7. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  8. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  9. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  10. Error code 8015D000 when attempting to play backwards compatible games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 8015D000 when attempting to play backwards compatible games.: Hi! I recently got an Xbox Series X and one of the main reasons for getting it was to be able to play call of duty zombies via backwards compatibility. I have finally gotten on it and cannot...