Backwards Compatibility is deceptive

Discus and support Backwards Compatibility is deceptive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I realize I am not the first to point this out; however it needs to be shouted over and over so others who might be fortunate enough to see this before... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gimpyolman, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Gimpyolman
    Gimpyolman Guest

I realize I am not the first to point this out; however it needs to be shouted over and over so others who might be fortunate enough to see this before rushing out and buying a new Xbox One thinking all 300 or so of their 360 games will play on the system
    or Microsoft either buries or locks this topic down before they really get an earful from all those - who like me - actually thought there 100 decent games; the more popular games, the more recent games would work on the One. WELL FRIENDS, ONLY A FEW DO,
    and most of those are NOT full games.

Take Borderlands. You can load the game disc and wait about 5 hours for the S-L-O-W processors in the One to load it only to discover YOU CAN NOT load the add on packs to make it a full game. In fact, most of the games in the 100 appear to be their lousy
    arcade games - like Missile Command (what joke! - that thing is decades old). My personal favorite (this is sarcasm and not an endorsement) is MUTANT BLOBS ATTACK....lol... whoever heard of most of these titles?... Talk about trash games! Even Skyrim isn't
    a full download ... WAY TOO BAD GUYS BECAUSE I STILL LIKE THAT GAME even if it is a few years old and someone ruined the series with the tripe called Elder Scrolls: Tamriel. I really hope someone goes back to the original format or finds a way to filter out
    all the kids popping in and out of the game so I can play it either alone or preferably with just two or three other friends. Better yet make a NEW SKYRIM and I'll toss Tamriel into the trash can - but I intend to keep the really wild figure that came with
    it.

Microsoft can make a claim that it didn't do anything legally deceptive and by barely skirting the edge of the law what they did was technically legal however, in my opinion, it was intentionally morally deceptive. Had I known how deceptive I would have bought
    the competitors version for my kids, but since I am not computer literate enough to have found the list BEFORE Christmas (and it was buried under lots of articles and paid reviews or advertising) I have to blame MYSELF first for not having the persistence
    it took to sink through all the ooze to find it.

I will give Microsoft marketing a big Kudos's for a really clever pre-Christmas marketing campaign that not only allowed them to dump all the inferior and poorly planned, inadequate 500 GB systems off at a far better price than when they initially launched,
    but commend them on their ability to convince the dozing masses all their Xbox 360 games were now playable on the new system and indirectly convince the masses they could now afford to leave their old system behind as all their games were now playable on the
    Xbox One without actually saying it.

I can admire a clever marketing campaign, but I can't admire the deceptiveness of it. In the end, I am sure Microsoft believes everyone will get over their sore-butt and forget what they done as they are still stuck with what they got. And to some degree
    it is true. But eventually all systems wear out and then all the sore-butts will have the opportunity to re-evaluate what system they will continue with. Microsoft, people don't forget sore-butts as easily as your marketing people might be telling you.
    At least this old elephant doesn't ... and I just bought 8 of your Xbox Ones for my kids and grandkids. Eight units won't make you or break you, but just think what would happen of all us old elephants in a year or two decided we didn't like our sore-butts
    and switched?

Please clean up your act and when you do backwards, make the entire game including the add-on packs backwards. You have the technology to allow any game to play on your system so JUST DO IT...

:)

Gimpyolman, Dec 30, 2015
  2. GetJakeRyan
    GetJakeRyan Guest
    DARK SOULS CODE

So Finally received my DS1 code, after waiting 17 days, only to find out that, yes, you get the code for preordering DS3, but its useless. DS1 not ready for backwards compatibility. What a rip off. Supposedly it won't be available for BC until the release
    of the DS3, or possible just before. Who gives a **** about DS1 if you have DS3 to play? Not me. Microsoft is deceptive.

GetJakeRyan, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Minecraft game online Xbox ONE & Xbox 360 ?

Hi AntonioMiranda7,

Because of backward compatibility you will be able to join parties, join games but only the xbox 360 game you have started up.

about Backwards compatibility go here

www.xbox.com/.../backward-compatibility

backwards compatibility is not yet released for the public.

Happy Gaming!.

ISirProdigy007, Dec 30, 2015
  4. eber3
    eber3 Guest

Just keep your 360 to play 360 games on. There problem solved.

eber3, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Firstly, MS never said all Xbox 360 games would be playable. The announcement was made in June and even then it was said that only 104 games would be available at launch. I fail to see where the deception is. You had plenty of time to read up about how
    BC was going to work.

Secondly, making a game BC is not as easy as getting approval from the publisher, putting the game on live and it there you have it. The games have to be converted to the Xbox One format and tested before they can be released. The Xbox 360 uses different
    hardware to the Xbox One, the CPU's utilise totally different instruction sets.

The conversion process takes time. Smaller arcade games take a lot less time to to make available, hence the reason for more of these games at the moment.

Obsessive Power, Dec 30, 2015
  6. If they got them as Christmas gifts, take em back to the retailer and simply say. I want my money back.

I have Fallout 3 with all the DLC on the 2nd disc which says it all installed. Will the DLC not work on the Xbox One?

ElectroFlying, Dec 30, 2015
  7. OP I have no way of posting a lazy link, but just read on Reddit that in order to play DLC you have to load up the 2nd disc.. Or whichever has the DLC on it and if you're going to play say. Fallout 3 campaign. You have to use the campaign disc, but IF you
    want to play Fallout 3's DLC (Example) then you have to insert the disc containing the DLC as opposed to the campaign disc.

Don't know if thats the way it is for Boarderlands or not, as I don't have that game but try it and see.

Best of luck!

ElectroFlying, Dec 30, 2015
  8. eber3
    eber3 Guest

I think most DLC is digital even if the game is physical.

eber3, Dec 31, 2015
  9. Leo Invictus
    Leo Invictus Guest
    If you've bought digital DLC for a 360 game that's been made backwards compatible, you can find it by going to My Games & Apps, scroll through your games and highlight the tile for your game, press the menu (hamburger) button, select Manage Game, and any
    DLC you've purchased should be listed to the right in the list of items ready to install.

Leo Invictus, Dec 31, 2015
  10. User 9242019
    User 9242019 Guest
    So the OP doesn't understand anything about Backwards Compatibility because he can't be bothered to do any research or read the dozens and dozens of articles about it and then blames Microsoft for his slow internet connection in downloading Borderlands?
    The only thing missing is the "I'm leaving for the PS4" statement.

Eight Xbox One's? Sure

The term is butt hurt.

User 9242019, Jan 1, 2016
  11. I just hate the hoops you have to jump through to download 360 games with gold to my xbone. There could have been a better way. Lol at next gen.

ButtCampbellX, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Smwutches Win User

Backwards compatibility with old MK games on Xbox One/Series X/S

13. eber3 Win User

I think most DLC is digital even if the game is physical.
  14. ElectroFlying Win User

OP I have no way of posting a lazy link, but just read on Reddit that in order to play DLC you have to load up the 2nd disc.. Or whichever has the DLC on it and if you're going to play say. Fallout 3 campaign. You have to use the campaign disc, but IF you
    want to play Fallout 3's DLC (Example) then you have to insert the disc containing the DLC as opposed to the campaign disc.

Don't know if thats the way it is for Boarderlands or not, as I don't have that game but try it and see.

Best of luck!
  15. Obsessive Power Win User

Firstly, MS never said all Xbox 360 games would be playable. The announcement was made in June and even then it was said that only 104 games would be available at launch. I fail to see where the deception is. You had plenty of time to read up about how
    BC was going to work.

Secondly, making a game BC is not as easy as getting approval from the publisher, putting the game on live and it there you have it. The games have to be converted to the Xbox One format and tested before they can be released. The Xbox 360 uses different
    hardware to the Xbox One, the CPU's utilise totally different instruction sets.

The conversion process takes time. Smaller arcade games take a lot less time to to make available, hence the reason for more of these games at the moment.
  16. User 9242019 Win User

So the OP doesn't understand anything about Backwards Compatibility because he can't be bothered to do any research or read the dozens and dozens of articles about it and then blames Microsoft for his slow internet connection in downloading Borderlands?
    The only thing missing is the "I'm leaving for the PS4" statement.

Eight Xbox One's? Sure

The term is butt hurt.
Thema:

1. Backwards Compatibility is deceptive - Similar Threads - Backwards Compatibility deceptive

2. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  3. Is cars race o rama backwards compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is cars race o rama backwards compatible: Hi there just wanted to ask a quick question about if cars race o rama is backwards compatible with xbox one f4ce33cd-fe00-4111-8bd2-353489c3ca0d
  4. Forza Backwards Compatible

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Backwards Compatible: Is there any chance that the older forza games are gonna be backwards compatible? I really want to play them on the series X 240bf7f5-9575-471b-ad4e-9f6d84d6987a
  5. Xbox One - Backwards compatibility issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Backwards compatibility issue: I have been playing Sacred 3 for several weeks now on my Xbox One, but today I am unable to continue playing. At first, it wouldn't recognize that I was online and signed into Live. I followed...
  6. Friday the 13: The Game no longer backwards compatible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friday the 13: The Game no longer backwards compatible?: I have Friday the 13th the Game on disc, and even though the disc can be read and played fine in my Xbox One, my Series X will not recognize the disc no matter how many times I perform a power...
  7. Is minecraft story mode backwards compatible with xbox one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is minecraft story mode backwards compatible with xbox one?: I've wanted to play minecraft story mode for a long time and the prices for the complete edition is expensive and my cousin gave me his old copy and wondering if it will work?...
  8. Will sonic and Sega all star racing be backwards compatible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will sonic and Sega all star racing be backwards compatible: Will this game ever be backwards compatible? 30ef492e-0447-48c4-9b69-720a82848329
  9. windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in

in XBoX on Consoles
    windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in: windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in worked fine 5 days ago fc43185f-1218-42bb-bd69-07d7b56643a2
  10. How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one: Ive been trying to play Cod Modern Warfare 2 (2009) on my Xbox one backwards compatible. I’ve been playing it for months with no issues until now, it won’t load past the Xbox 360 load screen...