Backwards Compatibility Broken?????

Discus and support Backwards Compatibility Broken????? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so I have seen a few post about this but nothing is seeming to help me. Tech support seems to be pretty worthless so far as all the steps they have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OHheMMgeEUrdEAd, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Backwards Compatibility Broken?????

so I have seen a few post about this but nothing is seeming to help me. Tech support seems to be pretty worthless so far as all the steps they have told me to go through have not worked. So currently my Xbox One is on WiFi and so is my Xbox 360. I can log
    into my profile on both systems. My Cloud is enabled on my 360 I have the saves in my cloud.

The problem:

I sign into my Profile on Xbox One and I start up a Xbox 360 BC game. such as borderlands 2.. (I have tried multiple games). so the 360 emulator starts up and the "gather 360 info" loading bar appears. well I have a window pop up that says that "Cant Sign
    In". I click ok then the loading bar continues to sit there... does nothing, doesn't load or anything. When I get to the title screen I go to the 360 homescreen to try and download my profile and I get the same "cant Sign In " window. and the games say that
    I am obviously not signed into my profile.

What I have done:

-Cleared 360 cache

-Rebooted Xbox with games kept on the system

-Uninstalled the games and re installed them

- backed up all my xbox one games on an external drive (which I have still yet to plug in) and I did a full reboot of the xbox one.

-removed my profile from the xbox one and cleared some memory for the blu ray settings

- disabled and re enabled the cloud on the 360

I wonder if there is a bigger underlying issue that is not being seen by tech support? possibly a bug in the latest update... or something that tech support and I are over looking in the settings. I am just really frustrated right now at the whole situation.
    I have been craving playing border lands but I do not want to play it on 360 and do not want to start over on One. Please I hope someone found a solution with the same problem I am having.

:)

OHheMMgeEUrdEAd, Sep 16, 2017
  2. Leo Invictus
    Leo Invictus Guest
    Leo Invictus, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Minecraft game online Xbox ONE & Xbox 360 ?

Hi AntonioMiranda7,

Because of backward compatibility you will be able to join parties, join games but only the xbox 360 game you have started up.

about Backwards compatibility go here

www.xbox.com/.../backward-compatibility

backwards compatibility is not yet released for the public.

Happy Gaming!.

ISirProdigy007, Sep 16, 2017
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

I Just bought/downloaded Star Wars Battlefront for xbox onto my 360(have a hard drive) I understood it was backwards compatable but

Original Xbox backwards compatibility on the 360 relies on certain files being on the hard drive that are easily corrupted. It is very likely that even if you are using an official Microsoft Drive, at the original Xbox backwards, compatibility is broken, and it cannot be repaired.
  5. Applied Motion Win User

Backwards Compatibility is Broken!

Apparently I'm wrong again. I put GOTY DLC disk in the Xbox One...it downloaded all the DLC. But now when I go to load old saved games I'd says I don't have the DLC. Xbox is not recognizing the DLC because I didn't buy it through the Xbox store as a download.
    Please fix. I will not buy DLC that was made years ago over again. I bought the game of the year edition for the DLC. I should have access to that DLC with Xbox One BC.

I also cannot download the DLC that came with Borderlands body. I put disk in and I'm told that its not compatible. So here's another game with a great race late in the game that I can't use because vital DLC is missing.

I though it was my goof and I'd jumped the gun with this intial post...but I was right after all. Backwards Compatibility is broken! Please correct any current issues with this probLen and any issues in this regard going forward.

Thank you
  6. Applied Motion Win User

Is anyone else having this problem?
  7. Applied Motion Win User

Auto correct adds random words...gotta love.
  8. {Parity} Win User

Backwards Compatibility Broken?

Perform a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the
    console.
Thema:

Backwards Compatibility Broken?????

1. Backwards Compatibility Broken????? - Similar Threads - Backwards Compatibility Broken

2. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  3. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  4. problem with old fifa game backward compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    problem with old fifa game backward compatibility: Hello, I have an old fifa 10 360 disc in perfect condition Ms support says If I have the disc I can play offline however I can't install it when I put the disc into my xbox Series x. submitted by...
  5. Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...

in XboX Insiders
    Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...: I have probably one of the strangest problems. I have some friends who upgraded to the Xbox series S or X, and some who are still on the Xbox One. I can match make and challenge people on the...
  6. I can't sign in on backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in on backwards compatible games: I can do the download profile because my password is longer that 16 characters can anyone help me please dadf3f99-b3a7-4ddc-9631-417761c36805
  7. Why won’t Xbox add Lego Star Wars 1 to the backwards compatibility list??

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t Xbox add Lego Star Wars 1 to the backwards compatibility list??: I’ve been wanting them to do this for a while but Xbox hasn’t done it. I want the original Lego Star Wars game to be added to the backwards compatibility games list. Just that game really nothing...
  8. Request for Backwards Compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    Request for Backwards Compatibility: I used to play HOURS upon HOURS of a game that isnt backwards compatible and I would absolutely love to know if anybody else played Monster Madness Battle for Suburbia? Does anybody else remember...
  9. Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox: I would love to be able to play my old smack down vs raw titles on my series x and any other games I purchased for xbox 360. It doesn't make sense to limit or restrict playable libraries. If I've...
  10. Will there be backwards compatible for naruto broken bond and rise of ninja both are very...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will there be backwards compatible for naruto broken bond and rise of ninja both are very...: I'm very interested in knowing if there will be more backwards compatible games for Xbox series X mainly the naruto ones 9def2818-eab9-44fc-af8f-600701f9daff