Backward Compability Disc Question

Discus and support Backward Compability Disc Question in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I try to play some XBox 360 and XBox One Games on the XBox Series X. I have the original game discs but they dont work. Are just... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tolga Yavuz2, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Tolga Yavuz2
    Tolga Yavuz2 Guest

Hello Everyone,

I try to play some XBox 360 and XBox One Games on the XBox Series X. I have the original game discs but they dont work. Are just backwards compability games that are listed working and not any game outside the list?

For playing the XBox 360 and XBox one discs on XBox Series X, doe the discs we own have to be in the Backward Compability list or are we able to play discs that arent listed aswell?

:)

Tolga Yavuz2, Jun 1, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Only games on the list will work, they have special versions created to work on current consoles

All games that legally and technologically are capable of being added have been, the program has ended and no new titles will be added.
  3. Tolga Yavuz2 Win User

thank you for your huge support. I thank you kindly. one last minor addition. to be able to know if they are backwards compatible i have to check the list released by xbox I guess. I guess your example of the xbox360 also counts for the xbox one i guess.
  4. Smwutches Win User

All Xbox One games will work on the Series X except for Kinect based games. If you're still unsure, you can check the list provided by Microsoft.
  5. Smwutches Win User

They will work as long as they are backwards compatible. If they're not backwards compatible, then they won't work on anything other than a 360 console.
  6. Tolga Yavuz2 Win User

So this means my XBox360 and Xbox One discs are useless now as they will only work on the previous consoles and not the XBox Series S/X. Did I understand you correct?
Thema:

1. Backward Compability Disc Question - Similar Threads - Backward Compability Disc

2. Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...

in XboX Insiders
    Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...: I have probably one of the strangest problems. I have some friends who upgraded to the Xbox series S or X, and some who are still on the Xbox One. I can match make and challenge people on the...
  3. I can't sign in on backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in on backwards compatible games: I can do the download profile because my password is longer that 16 characters can anyone help me please dadf3f99-b3a7-4ddc-9631-417761c36805
  4. Why won’t Xbox add Lego Star Wars 1 to the backwards compatibility list??

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t Xbox add Lego Star Wars 1 to the backwards compatibility list??: I’ve been wanting them to do this for a while but Xbox hasn’t done it. I want the original Lego Star Wars game to be added to the backwards compatibility games list. Just that game really nothing...
  5. Request for Backwards Compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    Request for Backwards Compatibility: I used to play HOURS upon HOURS of a game that isnt backwards compatible and I would absolutely love to know if anybody else played Monster Madness Battle for Suburbia? Does anybody else remember...
  6. Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox: I would love to be able to play my old smack down vs raw titles on my series x and any other games I purchased for xbox 360. It doesn't make sense to limit or restrict playable libraries. If I've...
  7. Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?: Hi there I’ve been trying to play bo2 worked for a bit and then suddenly got signed out and whenever i tried signing in it says connection lost or there has been an error connecting. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games: I just downloaded COD Black Ops on my Xbox Series X yesterday and every time I try to load it or the original COD MW2 (which I already had installed and was working fine a couple days ago) the...
  9. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  10. A game request for backwards compability.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A game request for backwards compability.: Can you guys consider getting "The Warriors" (2005) in backwards compability? It was originally released for the og xbox developed by Rockstar. Come on it was such a great game I am sure a lot of...