Back paddles stopped working for both my elite controllers

Discus and support Back paddles stopped working for both my elite controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My back paddles were working fine on my elite controller then I got off and the next day when I got back on my back paddles stopped working and it got... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spo1ledw4ter, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Spo1ledw4ter
    Spo1ledw4ter Guest

My back paddles were working fine on my elite controller then I got off and the next day when I got back on my back paddles stopped working and it got to a point where I just bought a new elite controller but now this new one has done the same thing and it’s really irritating and I’ve already checked for updates and that they are bound and when I tested to see if buttons were responding only the back paddles were not so please help

:)

Spo1ledw4ter, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Spo1ledw4ter!

This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. I would feel the same way if I were on your situation.

Please try to power cycle your controller:
    Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

Have you also tried to restore your button mapping to default settings?

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    Restore to default.
    Once restored, power cycle it again then remap it. You may try to press hard a little bit your paddles to see if they work if we put a small amount of pressure.

If they're still not working, I am afraid you're gonna need to send it for a replacement. You can check your replacement options here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Keaton Kailing Win User

my back paddles don’t seem to be working when i play my game, any way to fix this?

elite series 2 controllers back paddles won’t work
  4. ZeroMoustafah Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller, Larger paddles

This was my only complaint about this controller. Fortunately the paddles from my spare Elite 1 fit and work perfectly. I was hesitant at first as I discovered the joysticks weren't compatible from the elite 1 to the elite 2 but the paddles do work. I've
    been playing with the bigger paddles on my elite 2 since Thursday afternoon and I haven't noticed or had any issues.
  5. lackoftraction Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller NOT working with new firmware update

To be very, very clear, the problem is that the newest firmware updates to Xbox elite 2 controller has broken the functionality of the paddles. As of the latest firmware, the paddles are completely disabled when in default profile. The paddles used to work in default mode, and now they don't. Steam can corroborate this: last year Steam added functionality to customize the outputs of the elite controllers paddles, which means that the paddles used to output a unique signal instead on only emulating other controller buttons.

A quick internet search reveals numerous accounts from users who had used steam to customize the paddle outputs, proving that the paddles used to work. You can also see a growing number of recent complaints from Elite controller users who are realizing that their paddle inputs are now broken. This is not an isolated occurrence, the elite controller was broken by the latest firmware updates, and people are realizing it.

The changes made to the Xbox elite 2 Controller paddles in the latest firmware updates NEED TO BE REVERTED.
  6. webdevkit Win User

Console

There is no “Elite” model for the console itself. There is only an Elite model controller that has paddles on the back and interchangeable sticks.
Thema:

1. Back paddles stopped working for both my elite controllers - Similar Threads - paddles stopped working

2. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  3. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  4. My Xbox elite controller paddles fall off on the right paddles

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox elite controller paddles fall off on the right paddles: My elite controller paddles fall off/wiggly when I put them on in the right side . 8d58380d-1f62-4b50-8fe9-e79ad39673e8
  5. How can you help me get my paddles to work again

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can you help me get my paddles to work again: My paddles don’t work on my controller and I’ve tried everything to make them work and nothing happens a6d343f6-3da0-40cb-8956-df4aae50dfb6
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Paddle Magnets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Paddle Magnets: The magnets always seem to come loose after a few months causing miss-inputs. This seems to be a very common problem that I have had on all of me Elite and Elite Series 2 controllers. Is there a...
  7. From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...

in XBoX on Windows
    From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...: Paddles for Xbox elite series 2 from design lab ea2976b5-08ec-49a9-8180-86137aa7be05
  8. My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old...: My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old scuf in and those paddles work. It's the controller/firmware that's the issue...
  9. One paddle stopped responding in xbox elite 2. Its mapped ed and physically clicking but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    One paddle stopped responding in xbox elite 2. Its mapped ed and physically clicking but no...: One paddle suddenly stopped responding in xbox elite 2. Its mapped ed and physically clicking but no response. 322d9f07-bdd0-4cc7-b57f-4a724d637945
  10. My right paddles on my elite controller stopped working how do I fix this issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right paddles on my elite controller stopped working how do I fix this issue: My paddles on the right side of my elite controller stopped working I hear a click when pressing down and they are mapped but there’s no action my left 2 work just fine how do I fix this issue...