Back Compat Disc Issues

Discus and support Back Compat Disc Issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to use the backwards compatible games I own and continue running into several issues; 1. Disc won't read. Insert the disc and after a half hour... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ImperfectTamer, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Back Compat Disc Issues

Trying to use the backwards compatible games I own and continue running into several issues;

1. Disc won't read. Insert the disc and after a half hour nothing on the console has started up nor indicated detection of a disc in the drive. Few attempts with Fable 3 and with Halo 3 and odst

2. Eons length downloading time. Disc does get started downloading but after 1 1/2 hours only 1% downloaded. Fable 3 after few attempts and halo CEA.

3. (Most recent) "Unplayable" game. Halo 4 inserted, queued, thing pops up saying game is "Unplayable". Halo 4.

All are 360 discs, light scratching and as of today. 9-24-17, Halos CEA/3/4/ODST, are backwards compatible and on the official xbox back compat list.

System is an original xbox 1, unsure of the storage size 80% space used.

:)

ImperfectTamer, Sep 24, 2017
  2. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Multiple Back compat issues

Hey nathanc213 -

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games as suggested by Mister Maka?

Also, let's have you try clearing your Xbox 360 local storage on your Xbox One console. Start at your Xbox One dashboard:

• Open the Guide menu
    • Scroll down to Settings
    • Select all Settings
    • Scroll down to System
    • Navigate over to Storage
    • Select "Clear local Xbox 360 storage"
    Give those a shot and let us know how it goes.

Miss Bijoux, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Back Compat region issues?

Hey Seamus -

Availability for backward compatible games can, as you've encountered, vary by region. You can see if a game is available in your region by checking the list of

backward compatible games
    and making sure your region is selected. If it's not, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and look on the bottom left for the globe with the language/region selected and choose that to select the appropriate region.

Hopefully that helps clarify a bit. Back Compat Disc Issues :)

Miss Bijoux, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Back Compat Disc Issues

Hey ImperfectTamer! Does the console read Xbox One discs? Are you installing the games on an internal or external hard drive? Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Dadwhite
    Dadwhite Guest
    When I helped someone else with a simular issue the disc must be clean as xbox one drives are more sensitive to this type of issue. Also, in the blu-ray setting clear persistent storage and hard power cycle the console. Next make sure you are logged into
    xbox live, try loging out and login back in. All BC games do not install from the disc but need it to verify you own the game, they install by downloading from xbox live. I have even pulled the disc after the install started and they still installed so I
    was able to queue up all the Halo games at once.

Dadwhite, Oct 4, 2017
  6. @Mister Cizl; Yes it does easily and internal.

@dadwhite; Followed all but the clean disc suggestion. Discs are clean but some are scratched which is what might be causing the reading issues.

Was afc for roughly a week or so and halo 4 was able to download up to 57% while I was away.

ImperfectTamer, Oct 5, 2017
  7. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Hey ImperfectTamer! You may want to try the discs on another console if possible to see if the scratches are causing the issue. If not, you may want to try a

factory reset
    of the console to see if it helps speed up the installs. Post back and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Oct 6, 2017
  8. Back Compat Disc Issues

I don't know anyone else who has an xbox 1, though I know of a 360 I could try them on. Wouldn't resetting delete everything on the system?

ImperfectTamer, Oct 11, 2017
  9. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Hey ImperfectTamer! If you select the option to "Reset and keep my games & apps" It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Nov 2, 2018
  10. Mister Cizl Win User

Back Compat Disc Issues

Hey ImperfectTamer! You may want to try the discs on another console if possible to see if the scratches are causing the issue. If not, you may want to try a

factory reset
    of the console to see if it helps speed up the installs. Post back and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  11. Dadwhite Win User

Back Compat Disc Issues

When I helped someone else with a simular issue the disc must be clean as xbox one drives are more sensitive to this type of issue. Also, in the blu-ray setting clear persistent storage and hard power cycle the console. Next make sure you are logged into
    xbox live, try loging out and login back in. All BC games do not install from the disc but need it to verify you own the game, they install by downloading from xbox live. I have even pulled the disc after the install started and they still installed so I
    was able to queue up all the Halo games at once.
  12. ImperfectTamer Win User

Back Compat Disc Issues

@Mister Cizl; Yes it does easily and internal.

@dadwhite; Followed all but the clean disc suggestion. Discs are clean but some are scratched which is what might be causing the reading issues.

Was afc for roughly a week or so and halo 4 was able to download up to 57% while I was away.
  13. Mister Cizl Win User

Back Compat Disc Issues

Hey ImperfectTamer! If you select the option to "Reset and keep my games & apps" It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  14. ImperfectTamer Win User

Back Compat Disc Issues

Hey ! You may want to try the discs on another console if possible to see if the scratches are causing the issue. If not, you may want to try a

factory reset

Mister CiZl

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
    I don't know anyone else who has an xbox 1, though I know of a 360 I could try them on. Wouldn't resetting delete everything on the system?
Thema:

Back Compat Disc Issues

1. Back Compat Disc Issues - Similar Threads - Compat Disc Issues

2. Fanatec Wheel Compatibility on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fanatec Wheel Compatibility on Xbox: Dear Microsoft, I am owner of an Xbox and Fanatec Sim setup, however most of the wheel mappings don't work. I am annoyed that I have spent a lot of money just to get the functionality of 10% of...
  3. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  4. is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?: unsure on what to do [img] 80d02b12-2584-4a16-9162-895c5101c70a
  5. problem with old fifa game backward compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    problem with old fifa game backward compatibility: Hello, I have an old fifa 10 360 disc in perfect condition Ms support says If I have the disc I can play offline however I can't install it when I put the disc into my xbox Series x. submitted by...
  6. Mouse compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Mouse compatibility: Hello i wanted to ask if the logitech g305 is compatible with xbox series s eb8f8e98-68d5-48c5-9bc7-df1136eadeca
  7. Are original Xbox games I have on disc backwards compatible with Xbox one S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are original Xbox games I have on disc backwards compatible with Xbox one S?: I am an owner of an Xbox one S, and I have been looking to buy a disc copy of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six Lockdown, which are original Xbox games. If I were to insert one of these...
  8. Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?

in XboX Insiders
    Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?: Per the title. Recently the family & I have been watching more movies due to the summer break from school. Every Blu-ray we've played has worked fine. However, it seems that 4K movies are...
  9. fear 2 back compat not working and disc works on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fear 2 back compat not working and disc works on xbox 360: ive done hard reset and even a full reset still sais its not back compat even tho it is help ? b1ba00c2-8a7a-4e20-86df-23bb8b01a5a3
  10. Gears of War 3 disc not working with back compat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 3 disc not working with back compat: Every time I put in the disc it tells me that it's not avalible and an error code (0x8082000c). Anyone know a solution?? d7de8ad9-cd91-4e52-b5a0-4e2e36bf938c