ave 2 power bricks and one have a orange light and it I hear sound when I tap button but...

Discus and support ave 2 power bricks and one have a orange light and it I hear sound when I tap button but... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ave 2 power bricks and one have a orange light and it I hear sound when I tap button but won't turn on and one have a red light... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Navar Calhoun, Nov 17, 2022.

1. ave 2 power bricks and one have a orange light and it I hear sound when I tap button but...

ave 2 power bricks and one have a orange light and it I hear sound when I tap button but won't turn on and one have a red light

:)

Navar Calhoun, Nov 17, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

ave 2 power bricks and one have a orange light and it I hear sound when I tap button but won't turn on and one have a red light

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Navar

If I understood correctly you have an original Xbox one (the one with an external power brick)
    And the console is not turning on, right?

These power bricks that you have, are brand new or both are used?

In the meantime, may I know if you tried everything from this article?
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. ngocphi Win User

Red light nears its bad

Orange light could be just a short

But they aren't made anymore nor rrplacable you will have to find another source
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Instant On and Frame Rate Issues

I should clarify when I say full shutdown, I mean a fully powered-down state with the orange light on the power brick.

Cap, are you referring to Instant On mode? In that case you're right, a shutdown doesn't fully power down. But if you're in Standby mode, a normal "Console Off" will put you in the same power state as holding power for 8 seconds, as the power brick will
    go to an orange light. (This can be triggered by holding the Xbox button on the controller and choosing "Console Off," or by tapping the power logo on the console IF you're in Standby. Otherwise, you have to hold the Xbox Logo for 8 seconds.)
  5. Qu'ran johnson Win User

Original Xbox One not Booting up.

So the Power brick glows orange when plugged in and stays orange the entire time i'm attempting to boot up. When i tap the Power on button on the front of the xbox, it beeps faintly and makes a clicking noise and then goes silent.
  6. JakeRawlins Win User

Xbox One not powering on at home or at friend's place but working at the repair shop. What's wrong?

This sounds like you are plugging the console in to power strip (surge protector) or an extension lead. You will need to make sure you plug it directly into the wall. Otherwise the console wont receive the full amount power to run properly. Look on the
    power brick if the light on the back of the power brick is a solid light then try to turn on the console. It should work.

Please let us know if this solves the issue, Happy Gaming!!!
    Yes. For around a year and a half, the console was plugged into a power strip and it worked just fine until a couple days ago. And now when I try to connect it direct to the wall, there's no change to the console. I can still hear the beep when I hit the
    power button and the button lights up white for a micro-second but then the console doesn't power on. The power brick has a consistent orange light throughout and when i hit the power button, the orange light disappears to nothing for a micro-second and then
    returns back to a solid orange.

But as I mentioned earlier, when I take it to the repair shop and they plug the console in directly to the wall, it works like a charm. No problems at all. And the power brick turns from orange to white too when the console powers on.

So I am absolutely stumped as to what i need to do. I don't understand why the console would work perfectly when connected to the wall at (both) repair shops, but doesn't work when I connect it directly to the wall at my home.
Thema:

ave 2 power bricks and one have a orange light and it I hear sound when I tap button but...

1. ave 2 power bricks and one have a orange light and it I hear sound when I tap button but... - Similar Threads - ave power bricks

2. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  3. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  4. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  5. Xbox powered by usb

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powered by usb: So basically i need to power my xbox by usb because i dont have a plug socket to plug in the 3 pin but i do have a usb port Links apricated a50898b0-6ef7-42dd-ad3b-477546ea497c
  6. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  7. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  8. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  9. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...