AV problem with audio/video

Discus and support AV problem with audio/video in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had this Xbox 360 for 10 years. Recently unplugged av to use something else. Now when I plug in the 3 prong av either I get sound and composite... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by anita bergman, Aug 29, 2022.

1. AV problem with audio/video

I have had this Xbox 360 for 10 years. Recently unplugged av to use something else. Now when I plug in the 3 prong av either I get sound and composite bw video or color video no sound. I have tried every combo. Is the av bad? Has anyone ever run into this issue. I did see someone online have the same but no one had an answer. I need my Zumba!!! Lol any helps would be greatly appreciated.

:)

anita bergman, Aug 29, 2022
  2. IceStorm III Win User

HDMI+Analog Audio. Please Help.

[quote user="PROF4NE"]I wanted to stick with the orig. Analog audio connecter.[/quote]Mind clarifying this?

Are you using the thin AV breakout that comes with the HDMI AV kit, or did you somehow fit a standard AV port cable in alongside the HDMI cable?

The AV port pins determine how audio and video are handled. In the case of the thin AV breakout, it's pined to indicate that video is via HDMI. Using an AV port cable that has video out on it will not work properly.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

I can sort of connect my xbox 360 my monitor

You need the thin AV audio adapter that comes with the original HDMI AV kit. You can usually find used adapters on eBay or perhaps even at GameStop. The adapter provides left/right audio as well as optical audio while enabling the HDMI port for video.

Devices plugged into the AV port determine what video output the 360 uses. Wedging a regular AV cable with video into the AV port, alongside an HDMi cable, confuses the 360, disabling HDCP. This may be causing the monitor sync issue you're experiencing.
  4. Zacabeb Win User

Changeing inputs restarts my input.

There is a problem with many third party audio adapters in that they're wired to identify themselves as a full AV cable to the Xbox 360. The original audio adapter which is no longer in production, was wired to have its own unique identity.

So in a nutshell, the Xbox 360 thinks it's supposed to be sending composite video over the AV output, not just audio.

And this highlights a limitation to how the Xbox 360 handles video output. For technical and some licensing reasons, it cannot output HDMI and analog video at the same time.

When the Xbox 360 boots it prioritizes HDMI and tries to establish a connection with the receiving device. If there is no response, it instead checks if there is anything connected to the analog AV port and if so, switches over to analog video output. If nothing
    is connected to the analog AV port, or a properly wired audio adapter, the Xbox 360 simply keeps on waiting for the HDMI connection to establish.

The same thing happens if the communication over HDMI is interrupted. If there is nothing connected to the analog AV port or a properly wired audio adapter, the Xbox 360 waits for the HDMI connection to re-establish. If there is an analog AV cable connected,
    it reboots so that it can configure itself for analog video output.

To solve the problem, you either have to crack open the audio adapter's connector and re-solder it to make it identify itself as an audio adapter, not as an AV cable. If you have a soldering iron and want to take a crack at this, you should be able to find instructions
    on the net for which pins to wire.

Another soloution is to try getting hold of a used original audio adapter, or a third party one that is known to be wired correctly.

Of course the most dramatic and expensive solution is to get an Xbox 360S. As stated by Bill Gates in an interview once: "Microsoft has never been accused of not knowing how to make money". :p
  5. i Souperb Win User

Audio problems on DVDs played through Xbox

6. PixelPatch Win User

xbox video and audio not working

if theres no video or audio, but its turning on, are you sure its not just the av cable?
Thema:

AV problem with audio/video

1. AV problem with audio/video - Similar Threads - problem audio video

2. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  3. Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.: I recently purchased a monitor since the cat knocked over the small tv I had set up on the desk. Its an Acer SBO Series 22. I connect the HDMI to the monitor and the console and the message input...
  4. Any fixes for audio problems on discord for xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any fixes for audio problems on discord for xbox?: Whenever i am in a discord lobby, members of the discord say my audio will speed up at times and sound robotic to the point that what i say is inaudible. Not a constant issue but occurs often....
  5. Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch: Every new update brings the same exact patch notes saying “we’ve got reports of audio issues…blah blah blah.” Can we please get some form of update or at least some progress on these issues?...
  6. Capture card audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capture card audio problems: So I have a capture card set up. Its got my xbox going to a hdmi splitter and then split to my monitior, and then my chromebook with the video capture card. In order to record any audio it has...
  7. mixed reality and audio problems after standy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mixed reality and audio problems after standy: Hi everyone, I can't figure out an audio problem with mixed reality. I use flight simulator 2020 but for a while now, using two addons that must be installed on the C, after wmr standby, the audio...
  8. Audio And Video sync problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio And Video sync problem.: I am recording game clips with the XBOX DVR and sometimes the audio and the video are not synced. What can I do to solve the problem? 4f4e06f9-276c-4223-836b-066e53cecb93
  9. Xbox one S blu-ray audio/video Sync problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one S blu-ray audio/video Sync problem: Hello, I am having issue watching blu-rays on my Xbox one s. >Blu-ray app : last update ok Xbox : up tu date also link to the tv using hdmi Link to my logitech 5.1 using Toslink viewing...
  10. Problem with Windows 10 Screen recorder (Game DVR) - Audio and video does not sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Windows 10 Screen recorder (Game DVR) - Audio and video does not sync: Hi, when I record lectures online the audio and video doesn´t sync. The video is maybe 5 seconds ahead of the audio on a one hour recording. The online lecture is not having any sync problems....