Automaticaly change Xbox HDMI4 to STB HDMI 1

Discus and support Automaticaly change Xbox HDMI4 to STB HDMI 1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Device Setup in TV: 1. HDMI 1 - STB Connected 2. HDMI 4 - XBox X Connected 3. HDMI2 - Sound Bar JBL Conected When watching STB HDMI 1 -->... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Santhosh Srinivasan IND, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Automaticaly change Xbox HDMI4 to STB HDMI 1

Device Setup in TV:

1. HDMI 1 - STB Connected

2. HDMI 4 - XBox X Connected

3. HDMI2 - Sound Bar JBL Conected

When watching STB HDMI 1 --> Switch Input --> to HDMI 4 (Xbox console) --> TV automatically come back to HDMI1 input.

Problem:

I have analysed the CEC communication between the X Box & TV and observed as follows,

a. When user changes the audio settings (PCM, Auto, Passthrough), the EDID update will happen to xbox

b. When EDID is changed and hpd is toggled, Source device(Xbox) send hdmi signal again.

c. In this case source is switching from Xbox to STB. because xbox is sending <request active source> in this scenario.

When change PCM/Passthrough setting, TV change audio data block of EDID data. ( It means changing audio profile. Audio data block of EDID describe Audio codec types and additional information ) If change EDID data, then HDMI source device have to read again EDID data.

For reading again EDID data, TV have to reset HPD line ( Hotplug pin of HDMI) . This is HDMI Spec. ( if change EDID, then reset HPD). So, regarding EDID change X Box behaviour is different. Can you please provide the support for this issue whether it can be fixed in X Box Side.

:)

Santhosh Srinivasan IND, Jan 31, 2023
  2. DarkVamp76 Win User

Warcraft UHD 4k BluRay only in 1080p

Problem solved! I changed the HDMI port to 4 and it works. The copy protection is only working with HDMI4.
  3. Iautorenewedu Win User

XBOX LIVE TV -- PICTURE BUT NO SOUND

1. Make & Model of STB (cable/sat box)

2. TV Provier

3. Layout (example: STB HDMI Xbox One HDMI TV) (please note splitters and hubs).

What have you tried thus far?
  4. leapoffaith06 Win User

XBOX ONE LOSING TV / CABLE SIGNAL

+1 i am seeing the same issue with the general release. It appears it wasn't addressed prior to the update. It appears the X1 is not addressing the HDCP handshake.

Here are a few things i have tried to narrow down the X1 as the cause.

1.) Standby Cycle the X1

2.) Standby Cycle the STB

3.) Hard power Cycle STB

4.) Disconnect HDMI from X1 and reconnect,

5.) Connect Xbox 360 in place of STB.

6.) i have also replaced HDMI cables and checked the STB without the X1 in the middle.

Resoultion: Hard Cycle the X1
  5. Iautorenewedu Win User

We have detected a signal..... But the picture never shows...

I am sorry to hear about the issue. To get a better idea of what is at play here, the following information is very useful.

2. TV Provider

3. Layout (example: STB HDMI Xbox One HDMI TV) (please note splitters and hubs).

HDMI 2.0 are recommended.

-Cheers
  6. Iautorenewedu Win User

Cable Receiver isn't recognized

I am sorry to hear about the issue. To get a better idea of what is at play here, the following information is very useful.

2. TV Provider

-Cheers
Thema:

1. Automaticaly change Xbox HDMI4 to STB HDMI 1 - Similar Threads - Automaticaly change HDMI4

2. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  3. how to change servers on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change servers on xbox: i got my xbox in oregon and i think its still connected to the servers there cause when i test it on a speedtest website i get 10-13ms latency to the servers connected to dallas but 100-130ms when...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  7. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  8. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  9. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  10. Gamertag added automaticaly the numbers 8735

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag added automaticaly the numbers 8735: I wanted to name myself flexie9400 a few minutes ago, but because the name was alredy taken, they added 4 extra letters without me knowing. im 12 years old and i want my old naeme bak StaniHunter...