Automatical update not working

Discus and support Automatical update not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have "keep my games & apps up to date" selected, but sometimes I login and low and behold, my game needs an update. Is there a bug in the software?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I ate the worm, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Automatical update not working

I have "keep my games & apps up to date" selected, but sometimes I login and low and behold, my game needs an update. Is there a bug in the software? Or maybe my console was hacked?

:)

I ate the worm, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

If you have set it up correctly to receive updates automatically, the system may only check available updates each night when it detects that you are not using it. That must be the time it will download any available updates for your console or games & apps. Please refer to the link here about the settings https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Automatic Updates not working... Sort of.

Hey there Artayu,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem, other than the "Keep Games & apps up to date" box being checked, are you using an external hard drive on the console? If you have an external hard drive you do want to make sure that the storage is not turned
    off when you turn off the console.

You would have to go through your

• Settings
    • Click on Power & Startup
    • Select Power Mode & Startup
    Once here make sure that you have your console set to instant-on, and that you have the box on the right side unchecked for "When Xbox is off, turn off storage"

I hope this works.
  4. Sascha... Win User

Minesweeper doesn't start anymore

AUtomatic update is activated, no more updates available. It seems as it did not work.

Rebooted several times.
  5. striker2-7AFED2C5-CB Win User

No automatic Updates

Try clearing cache on your hard drive
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Automatic updates

Hello Ultra,

We understand that you're experiencing several issues regarding automatic updates on your Xbox One console.

Here is how to stop games/apps or console updates from automatically applying updates:

• Bring up the settings menu
    • Head to system and find updates
    • Check or uncheck the boxes for keeping the console or games/apps updated

Here are ways to use the console offline:

When your Xbox is offline you can:

• Watch TV (though you need to be online for OneGuide listings)
    • Sign in to your profile (if you've signed in online before)
    • Change console settings (except for profile and family settings; content controls remain in place while offline)
    • Play games (provided you've set this as your home Xbox or have a game disc)
    • Save game clips and screenshots
    • Earn achievements (however, there's limited offline space for game captures and achievements, so you should go online every so often to sync them)
    Try the suggested information, and follow the provided links.

We hope this information was helpful and wish you the best!
Thema:

1. Automatical update not working - Similar Threads - Automatical update working

2. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  3. Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them: When on any screen, the buttons will try to go up and right. This is on both remotes with fresh batteries. For example, I'm trying in a code and it won't let me move it/stay. Ill move it down and...
  4. Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x: I bought an Xbox Series X From a retailer, and when I registered a Microsoft account to see the device warranty, I found that it will expire on January 12, 2025, but after 5 days of use, I entered...
  5. If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...: He used spaces to call me a porch monkey and n word how do i report this? Gt [mod removed] 9d82a3e2-2ba1-4e64-9bf2-638420a5312d
  6. Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...: I am playing on Xbox One and have been taking many captures (screenshots) to document some things about the game, as well as for my own collection. However, it seems I've reached a very low limit...
  7. Does Xbox One automatically turn on when a game update is needed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One automatically turn on when a game update is needed?: Does Xbox one automatically turn on when a game update is needed? 73df773e-6b78-4ca6-9688-e1c08179cddd
  8. Xbox App PC installs updates when Enable Automatic Updates is not set

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App PC installs updates when Enable Automatic Updates is not set: Despite having turned off (unchecked) Enable automatic updates, the app keeps on starting massive Game Pass updates and using up my metered connection. Not all of us are privileged to live in...
  9. Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?: I've had this problem for years, since I got the console. I have tried pretty much everything. I have the standby on, I keep storage one, I have "keep games and console up to date" ticked. I also...
  10. Why are games still automatically updating?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are games still automatically updating?: I have automatic updates turned off on the xbox app and in the microsoft store app. Why are things still updating whenever they feel like it. I'm usually running on a hotspot and all my data is...