auto update never works

Discus and support auto update never works in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; anyone else have issues with auto updates never working? I've done everything from a factory console reset and account setting reset then restored my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ironchair1337, Jul 29, 2022.

1. auto update never works

anyone else have issues with auto updates never working?

I've done everything from a factory console reset and account setting reset then restored my settings, flicked auto update on and off a thousand times and still nothing.

between this and every other xbox service being **** I'm pretty well done with gaming and microsoft.

:)

ironchair1337, Jul 29, 2022
  2. ironchair1337 Win User

auto update never works

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this buddy

Which Xbox Console do you have?
    And what energy save option do you have on the console selected?

Besides factory reset and turn off and on auto updates, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I personally didn't experience this issue on my both consoles

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
    You sir have the luck of a god then.

Among many of the features my Xbox has that don't work auto update hasn't worked in years.

It's just a Xbox one standard with 500gb HD and 2tb external, power settings are set to standby.

Are there anymore troubleshooting options other than hard resets and toggling the features?

Honestly baffled by how **** Microsoft services are
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

auto update never works

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this buddy

Which Xbox Console do you have?
    And what energy save option do you have on the console selected?

Besides factory reset and turn off and on auto updates, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I personally didn't experience this issue on my both consoles

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  4. Arminator Win User

Why do auto game updates never work?

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

Have you tried to hard reset your console by holding the power button on the right side of the console for 15 seconds and then restarting the console?

Sometimes my console gets "stuck" when constantly running in Instant On mode. Especcially when they push a new Insider build. Restarting my console via a hard reset usually resolves that issue, and my games are again updating automatically when the console
    is idle.
  5. Vcize Win User

Why do auto game updates never work?

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

Have you tried to hard reset your console by holding the power button on the right side of the console for 15 seconds and then restarting the console?

Sometimes my console gets "stuck" when constantly running in Instant On mode. Especcially when they push a new Insider build. Restarting my console via a hard reset usually resolves that issue, and my games are again updating automatically when the console
    is idle.
    I am not in the preview program.

I will try the hard reset, though it would be odd for that to be the issue since, like I mentioned, this happens to all 5 of us that play in a party together. We all have the proper settings, but we all end up having to download the game updates.
  6. TheEternalsSon Win User

Laggy and unresponsive

I have never manually updated it. And i cannot recall the last auto update.
Thema:

auto update never works

1. auto update never works - Similar Threads - auto update never

2. Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with...: Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec and now the device is switching off mid game and prompted with thermal warning on restart. [img] [img] Is this an issue with the device itself and needs...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox auto update games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox auto update games.: I dont get to play very often. every time i find the time to get on. every stupid game i want to play has some sort of update thats anywhere from 20 to well over 100gb needed in order to play....
  4. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  5. Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating...: Okay, I just want my refund. Just tried to update MW3 for the 3rd time this month, it was a 48g update, I know because it literally said so, why it refuses to auto update anything even though I...
  6. Xbox Game Auto Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Auto Update: Why does the auto update for games on Xbox never work? I've been on Xbox since this feature first came out and it's NEVER worked correctly for me. This is through multiple console generations and...
  7. Issue with auto update in power save

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with auto update in power save: On a series X running the latest alpha OS. Auto update is enabled for games, apps and the OS. The console auto updates the OS fine but it does not update the games or apps. It won’t realise there...
  8. My Series X disconnects from the internet when switched off resulting in no auto updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X disconnects from the internet when switched off resulting in no auto updates.: Whenever i power down my series X it disconnects from the internet. i have it set up for auto updates and downloads but none of this is possible. When switched on it auto connects to the network...
  9. How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?: The EA App will automatically launch when I start the Xbox App. I have both apps set NOT to auto launch on PC startup so this is particularly obnoxious for me. It definitely did not used to do...
  10. Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates: I use Xbox windows app with game pass. It starts downloading updates for games withou asking, while automatic updates are disabled in xbox app and MS store. CAN IT BE DISABLED? How does Microsoft...