Auto Renewal Promotions: Be Wary

Discus and support Auto Renewal Promotions: Be Wary in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I unfortunately had a bad experience signing up for Xbox Live during a $1 promotion. Thinking it was a one-time deal, to allow remote screen access,... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Paul Rainey, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Paul Rainey
    Paul Rainey Guest

I unfortunately had a bad experience signing up for Xbox Live during a $1 promotion. Thinking it was a one-time deal, to allow remote screen access, which we never figured out. Since then, we were automatically billed $14.95 a month under an automatic renewal
    process. Microsoft conveniently has a 'term of sale' that prohibits refunds after 30 days.

If you are signing up for new Microsoft products, be wary. They made it extremely hard, inconvenient and confusing to cancel the subscription.

It's hard not to feel taken advantage of by Microsoft.

:)

Paul Rainey, Aug 29, 2019
  2. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

When you sign up to take advantage of the £1/$1 etc offer, there are terms mentioned throughout the payment screens, and small print that is included with any advertisement of a promotion, in accordance with international laws.

If you don't intend to use the service any time after the promotional period, please familiarise yourself with managing your Subscriptions, via your Microsoft Account.

More info on how to do this, here
    . In this case, you would have needed to turn of recurring billing, which is simple to action.

Regrettably, this cannot be managed via console, they can only be changed via a web browser. FYI: For EA Access subscriptions, you will need to contact Xbox Support over the phone.

Best,

L
  3. Nohra369 Win User

It does prompt you when you go through the process. You need to read the terms especially on promotions like this
  4. XA JJKILLERs Win User

I unfortunately had a bad experience signing up for Xbox Live during a $1 promotion. Thinking it was a one-time deal, to allow remote screen access, which we never figured out. Since then, we were automatically billed $14.95 a month under an automatic renewal
    process. Microsoft conveniently has a 'term of sale' that prohibits refunds after 30 days.

If you are signing up for new Microsoft products, be wary. They made it extremely hard, inconvenient and confusing to cancel the subscription.

It's hard not to feel taken advantage of by Microsoft.
    It tells you how to turn off auto renew when you sign up for a subscriptions fyi
  5. ravary212 Win User

well Iam a little letter reader and I read the renewal, so I inmediatly turn it off, sorry about your problem, but that is the actual porpuse of this making a promotion that you need credit card and activate automaticly the renewal
  6. EDKILL13 Win User

It tells you when you sign up for the deal that after you will be charged for full amount when it ends....
Thema:

1. Auto Renewal Promotions: Be Wary - Similar Threads - Auto Renewal Promotions

2. Minecraft (Windows) Realms Plus says Expired, but it is set to auto-renew and I have paid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft (Windows) Realms Plus says Expired, but it is set to auto-renew and I have paid...: When I sign into Minecraft (Windows), my Minecraft Realm Plus says it has Expired, but I have been autopaying it for months. When I look at the billing, it has been charged every month and I have...
  3. Unable to turn off auto-renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to turn off auto-renew: I subscribed to Xbox Gamepass for PC but when I try to turn off auto-renew I encounter an error. I waited for hours and tried again but nothing changed. [img] 711efaac-c718-45a5-a3ec-d30216db8994
  4. Auto-Renew for Gamepass Ultimate shows wrong date on App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Auto-Renew for Gamepass Ultimate shows wrong date on App?: On the Xbox App on PC my account shows that Gamepass Ultimate will auto-renew on the 10/07/20 (so next week). When I press manage, on my account on the website page, it says the auto-renew date...
  5. How can I refund for an auto-renew Xbox Gold?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How can I refund for an auto-renew Xbox Gold?: I did turn off auto renewal on my Xbox Gold membership back in May. However, last night it auto-charged me for Xbox Gold again even though I specifically remember turning it off. I do not want the...
  6. Xbox Live Auto-Renew

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Auto-Renew: Have to wait for my money that I didn't owe to microsoft. Was like talking to a couple of toddlers about adult situations. Not sure if they cancelled my live subscription or not. They shouldn't...
  7. Stop Auto Renew from years ago!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Auto Renew from years ago!!: I had subscription for my son and canceled it 5+ years ago. I see now in my bank account I'm being charger $59.99. I don't recall the email I used back then and the console is gone. How do I get...
  8. Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?: For some reason, I ran out of balance in prepaid money in my account because Xbox Live Gold turned back on while I was away for a few months. I cancelled it before I signed off a while ago and yet...
  9. why can you not turn off recurring auto renew subscription???

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can you not turn off recurring auto renew subscription???: please don't point me to the customer support which is unhelpful. why doesn't xbox one have auto renew turn off feature? why is this missing from subscriptions and cancellation? sucks only way...
  10. Xbox Live Otomatik Yenileme Hakkında (Mod Translation:About Xbox Live Auto-Renew)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Otomatik Yenileme Hakkında (Mod Translation:About Xbox Live Auto-Renew): Otomatik yenileme hesabımdan bir aylık üyelik için 59 tl kesmiş. Para bugün çekildi. Ben bunu iade etmek istiyorum. Eğer iade yoksa resmen soygun bu. Unutsam ilgilenmesem, görmesem her ay 59 tl...