: Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode.

Discus and support : Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode. in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode (Freesync). Hello, FreeSync works by matching the frame rate with the display refresh rate,... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Franny72, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Franny72
    Franny72 Guest

: Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode (Freesync).
    Hello,

FreeSync works by matching the frame rate with the display refresh rate, but to get such a technique to work, freeSync needs to be enabled
    on both devices. It won't do anything if it's only enabled on the TV.

:)

Franny72, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello,

FreeSync works by matching the frame rate with the display refresh rate, but to get such a technique to work, freeSync needs to be enabled
    on both devices. It won't do anything if it's only enabled on the TV.
  3. les lane Win User

HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

…LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
  4. Lord C Vandingo Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

The Xbox is able to recognise the Dolby Atmos capability on the soundbar if connected directly .

However FreeSync (variable refresh rate ) is not selectable on the display and sound settings page of the Xbox X.

Free Sync is available on my Samsung Q9 and is an option in the game mode menu of the TV.

Game mode is a TV mode that allows low latency on Samsung (and other manufacturers) TV's.

My TV allows Auto Low Latency and this doesn't work when plugged directly into the soundbar (Samsung HW-N950) despite Auto Low -Latency being recognised on the Display & Sound settings page on the Xbox X. The TV will not allow this when the Xbox is plugged
    into the soundbar via HDMI then into the TV by HDMI ARC.

Auto Game mode or Auto Low Latency turns on game mode while playing games but turns game mode off automatically should i use a blu ray disc for example.

So two modes made available to me by Xbox and Samsung currently don't work in tandem in the correct manner.
  5. THX1138 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

Hello,

VRR is supported via HDMI 2.1. The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0. This Fall 2020 the new Xbox Series X will also support HDMI 2.1 features like VRR, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and up to 120fps support.
  6. - AJ - Win User

Please assist question underneath

Hi, Chris! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

"Auto low-latency mode" allows games to switch a TV into auto low-latency mode (Game Mode).

For your reference, the following information has been quoted from an official Xbox Support article:

"Auto low-latency mode (also known as “game mode”) lets the console tell the display to change latency modes when a game is launched, and then revert after you quit a game."

"Note: Low-latency mode is achieved by the TV disabling its processing features that would otherwise introduce latency. Disabling these processing features may affect picture quality—HDR colors can appear washed out, and contrast and backlighting can appear off because of the trade-off for low latency. Turn off this feature if you don’t like the picture quality."

Source - https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/change-tv-display-resolution

------

I tried looking up your monitor, but I can't seem to find it without its model number. My apologies.

Unless your monitor has a "Game Mode" you can enable, you will continue to see this setting grayed out.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. : Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode. - Similar Threads - Auto low latency

2. Xbox Series X Auto Low Latency not working with insignia 4k tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Auto Low Latency not working with insignia 4k tv: I have an Xbox Series X and it is plugged into my insignia 4k tv. I have the option to select auto low latency (the settings that will switch your tv into game mode every time you start a game and...
  3. Xbox Series X Allow Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Allow Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode: I have chatted with an Xbox Agent and while I read specifics about what is in articles online and the info given by a Microsoft agent are different I would like 1 same definitive answer. My TV is...
  4. auto low latency mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    auto low latency mode: does anyone know how to enable auto low latency mode on my xbox series s?its just grayed out for me ive got a freesync monitor and am using the cables that came with it so i dont know why its not...
  5. DOLBY VISION messing my Game Mode up through Auto-Low-Latency-Mode

in XboX Insiders
    DOLBY VISION messing my Game Mode up through Auto-Low-Latency-Mode: everytime i launch warzone(not sure about other games), it turns game mode on (cuz i have ALLM) but when it goes into dolby vision mode, it turns game mode off, and i tried relaunching the game...
  6. Auto Low Latency (ALLM) and FreeSync (VRR) bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto Low Latency (ALLM) and FreeSync (VRR) bug: Hi! There have been a few threads about this issue last year. The issue involves that auto low latency doesn’t work properly while freesync (or vrr) is enabled one xbox one x. The issue seems to...
  7. Disney+ doesn’t report itself as not a game in Auto-Game mode/Auto Low Latency

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ doesn’t report itself as not a game in Auto-Game mode/Auto Low Latency: I have the Samsung Q7 which supports Auto Low Latency (which Samsung calls Auto-Game Mode). Disney+ incorrectly reports itself as a game. I had to disable Auto-Game Mode to get the colours to look...
  8. : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D: : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D I would use the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One, Third Party cables can be hit or miss depending on there quality,...
  9. Video Issues since update AUTO LOW LATENCY , SAMSUNG 65" Q9FN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video Issues since update AUTO LOW LATENCY , SAMSUNG 65" Q9FN: I have a Samsung 65" Q9 TV and it has AUTO LOW LATENCY mode where it switches between game mode and normal by itself however it seems since the update occasionally when playing it switches to GAME...
  10. Xbox one x on Samsung q80 auto low latency issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x on Samsung q80 auto low latency issues: Whenever i want to use my xbox to watch netflix or something besides a game, the game mode switches as its supposed to but always switches back to game mode on even when im watching a video. My tv...