Authenticator App Security Flaw!!

Discus and support Authenticator App Security Flaw!! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; In the Authentication app there is a major security flaw which allows users to change security information even when the authentication app has been... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JasonMayes1, Aug 18, 2020.

1. JasonMayes1
    JasonMayes1 Guest

In the Authentication app there is a major security flaw which allows users to change security information even when the authentication app has been turned off via security settings which allow lost device/ or unwanted people that use authentication apps
    access to your account. I am currently going through this problem causing me to transfer accounts.

:)

JasonMayes1, Aug 18, 2020
  2. SomeOldSchool Win User

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.

Hello there,

I think that additional security code is the authentication code you get by downloading the app authentication for Microsoft it's an extra security layer. Have a good day.

Regards!
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

2fa

Enable 2FA fortnite

To opt into Two-Factor Authentication:

1. In your ACCOUNT Settings, click on the PASSWORD & SECURITY tab to view your security settings.
    2. At the bottom of the page, under the TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION heading, click to ENABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP or ENABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION as your two-factor method.
    If you prefer to use an authenticator app for two-step verification, here are a few common authenticator apps that can be found in your mobile device app store:

• Google Authenticator
    • LastPass Authenticator
    • Microsoft Authenticator
    • Authy
    Keep your account safe and remember, Epic employees will never ask for your password!
  4. Arminator Win User

Authenticator app Security Code?

In that case you have enabled Two Step Verification in your Epic Account. Did you add your Epic Account to an authenticator App like Google Authenticator? In order to enable Two Step Verification you will have to link an authenticator and enter a code from
    your phone authenticator the first time to activate Two Step Verification.

Also check your E-mails, if you got the code that way.

If you are unable to authenticate, find the recovery codes you (hopefully) downloaded and stored/printed out.

If all else fails, you'll have to contact the Epic Games support, as this is an Epic Account issue, not a Xbox related one.
  5. Echo4Ent Win User

The Authenticator App is a "2 Factor Authentication" app for your phone or tablet. If your account is set up for two factor authentication, then you will need to re-generate an authentication code each time you manually log into your Xbox Account. You
    should be able to open the app and get the requested code.

If you do not want to use two-factor authentication, you can turn it off by following the steps here: Turning this off is less secure, but it is your choice:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/turn-off-two-step-verification
  6. AlexSou Win User

It a fortnite problem
    [​IMG]
Thema:

1. Authenticator App Security Flaw!! - Similar Threads - Authenticator App Security

2. I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.: I have another account. I can't access cause I do not have authenticator app nor do I have the 25 key accessories. I need someone to contact me immediately so I can get this fixed. I want to be...
  3. I cant sign into microsoft authenticator mobile app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant sign into microsoft authenticator mobile app: im trying to sign in to the mobile authenticator app, but my number 1 problem is: i cant access a authenticator code, because im trying to sign into authenticator. and number 2 problem: the phone...
  4. Can you login on Xbox console by sending a notification to the Authenticator app?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you login on Xbox console by sending a notification to the Authenticator app?: Without typing the code on Microsoft.com/link every single time? submitted by /u/Own-Store6135 [link] [comments]
  5. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  6. Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate: So I have an issue regarding my network. This only happens with one specific network. I left my Xbox untouched for about a week, not turned on or nothing. I come back and didn't use it for the...
  7. I'm trying to get into The destiny 2 companion app but it's giving me an authentication error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get into The destiny 2 companion app but it's giving me an authentication error: I'm trying to use the D2 companion app and it keeps taking me to the authentication error screen (see in attached image) but whenever I try to fix it I doesn't say what the problem is. If anyone...
  8. Hacked Authenticator app

in XBoX on Windows
    Hacked Authenticator app: Have recently had a personal account compromised and they now have access to my authenticator app somehow, apple already helped with what they could however si there a way to reset the app or...
  9. Why don't I receive the notification on the authenticator app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why don't I receive the notification on the authenticator app?: so I wanted to play a game and I needed to login in with Xbox live and it told me there should be a notification on my microsoft authenticator but there was nothing. I recently changed phones...
  10. What to do when the failsafe "Authenticator APP" is the cause of the problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    What to do when the failsafe "Authenticator APP" is the cause of the problem: Hello Everyone, for some weeks now, i have a serious problem that's driving me crazy, in short : i always used the Authenticator App for sign in and everything, once Microsoft added the Ai...