Authenticating?

Discus and support Authenticating? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am trying to access the HBO Now app after not accessing for a few months on my Xbox 360. Every time I click on the app I receive the message... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MaceyNickelette, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Authenticating?

I am trying to access the HBO Now app after not accessing for a few months on my Xbox 360. Every time I click on the app I receive the message authenticating with just a spinning circle. It will do this for hours and I have tried for several days to access
    the app. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded several times and restarted the Xbox. The app work so fine on my iPhone, so what could be the issue?

:)

MaceyNickelette, Mar 7, 2017
  2. Paul Bab
    Paul Bab Guest
    Hi,

There are different reasons that can affect the performance of an Xbox 360 application. Let's gather the following information to properly isolate your concern:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Are you encountering issues with accessing other applications as well on your Xbox 360 console?
    • Is your Xbox 360 console connected to a wired or a wireless network?
    • Have you tried connecting your Xbox 360 console to a different network and check if the same instance occurs?

To help resolve your concern with accessing the HBO Now app on Xbox 360, refer to the solutions below:

Solution 1: Test your Xbox Live connection

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, then select Settings, select System Settings, and select Network Settings.
    2. Select the name of your Wireless Network, or select Wired Network for a wired connection.
    3. Select Test Xbox Live Connection.

Solution 2: Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Highlight but don’t select a storage device, and then press Y on your controller for Device Options.
    4. On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.
    5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes. Note When you’ve successfully cleared the system cache, you’ll return to the Storage Devices screen.
    6. Restart your console and try accessing the app this time.

Solution 3: Remove ans re-add your Xbox profile on Xbox 360

Refer to this link and perform the steps provided. Make sure to restart your Xbox 360 console before re-adding your Microsoft account.
    Then, access the app again and check if the same instance occurs.

Solution 4: Roll back and reinstall system updates

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to settings and select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
    5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.
    6. After its completion, try accessing the app this time and check if it works.

Also, feel free to check the
    Xbox Live Status page
    for any service alerts.

Paul Bab, Mar 8, 2017
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

2fa

Enable 2FA fortnite

To opt into Two-Factor Authentication:

1. In your ACCOUNT Settings, click on the PASSWORD & SECURITY tab to view your security settings.
    2. At the bottom of the page, under the TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION heading, click to ENABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP or ENABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION as your two-factor method.
    If you prefer to use an authenticator app for two-step verification, here are a few common authenticator apps that can be found in your mobile device app store:

• Google Authenticator
    • LastPass Authenticator
    • Microsoft Authenticator
    • Authy
    Keep your account safe and remember, Epic employees will never ask for your password!
  4. Paul Bab Win User

Authenticating?

Hi,

There are different reasons that can affect the performance of an Xbox 360 application. Let's gather the following information to properly isolate your concern:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Are you encountering issues with accessing other applications as well on your Xbox 360 console?
    • Is your Xbox 360 console connected to a wired or a wireless network?
    • Have you tried connecting your Xbox 360 console to a different network and check if the same instance occurs?

To help resolve your concern with accessing the HBO Now app on Xbox 360, refer to the solutions below:

Solution 1: Test your Xbox Live connection

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, then select Settings, select System Settings, and select Network Settings.
    2. Select the name of your Wireless Network, or select Wired Network for a wired connection.
    3. Select Test Xbox Live Connection.

Solution 2: Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Highlight but don’t select a storage device, and then press Y on your controller for Device Options.
    4. On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.
    5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes. Note When you’ve successfully cleared the system cache, you’ll return to the Storage Devices screen.
    6. Restart your console and try accessing the app this time.

Solution 3: Remove ans re-add your Xbox profile on Xbox 360

Refer to this link and perform the steps provided. Make sure to restart your Xbox 360 console before re-adding your Microsoft account.
    Then, access the app again and check if the same instance occurs.

Solution 4: Roll back and reinstall system updates

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to settings and select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
    5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.
    6. After its completion, try accessing the app this time and check if it works.

Also, feel free to check the
    Xbox Live Status page
    for any service alerts.
  5. Corrison88 Win User

Can't sign in.

It's really the dumbest thing I've ever seen to require a code to be sent to the authentication app just to sign into the authentication app so that means if you ever accidentally get signed out of the authentication app for any reason you're screwed.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox won’t connect to wireless internet

Is your wireless system asking for additional authentication or did you possibly setup two factor authentication on your MS account?
  7. Deadly Cyclone Win User

Xbox Says Password is Wrong, Xbox.com Works Fine

Nevermind. Apparently because I use an authenticator I needed an app password to sign into XBL as the Xbox doesn't support authenticators.
Thema:

Authenticating?

1. Authenticating? - Similar Threads - Authenticating

2. "Additional authentication needed"

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Additional authentication needed": I'm running the Xbox off my mobile phone hotspot, I'm today getting the message saying I'm offline when I'm clearly connected to my hotspot. When I test the connection it says I need to...
  3. “Additional Authentication Needed”?

in XboX Insiders
    “Additional Authentication Needed”?: I’ve been trying to connect to my wifi and it says “additional authentication needed.” It tells me I can either “authenticate now,” or “enter alternate MAC address.” I don’t know what a “MAC...
  4. How to connect to your xbox account on xbox 360 with the authenticator

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect to your xbox account on xbox 360 with the authenticator: I have been trying a couple of times to connect to my xbox live account on my xbox 360 over the last years and would always have the issue that my password is more than 16 characters long. I would...
  5. XBOX LIVE DD2 NOT WORKING. "UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE WITH XBOX LIVE."

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX LIVE DD2 NOT WORKING. "UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE WITH XBOX LIVE.": I am having this problem for almost a week now i tryed all the obvious stuff like different networks, restarting console,redownloading the game and such. did this heppend to anyone else?...
  6. I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.: I have another account. I can't access cause I do not have authenticator app nor do I have the 25 key accessories. I need someone to contact me immediately so I can get this fixed. I want to be...
  7. Multiple authentication/access issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple authentication/access issues: Long post but wanted to be thorough and provide as much info as I can. Background: I switched my laptop from Linux back to Windows 11 just because I found it easier to use. I reinstalled all my...
  8. Authentication MAC Address not working and can’t connect to network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Authentication MAC Address not working and can’t connect to network: Whenever I connected to my wifi it said more authentication was needed. It said to either enter an alternate MAC address which did not work, to clear the MAC address which did not work, or to wait...
  9. I cant sign into microsoft authenticator mobile app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant sign into microsoft authenticator mobile app: im trying to sign in to the mobile authenticator app, but my number 1 problem is: i cant access a authenticator code, because im trying to sign into authenticator. and number 2 problem: the phone...
  10. Can’t log into my account because of Authenticator.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t log into my account because of Authenticator.: Hi. I need to change my password but can’t get a reset because I can’t log into the Authenticator. I can’t get through to anyone on the phone or find anything online to help. Have had this account...