Audio troubles on MW2

Discus and support Audio troubles on MW2 in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I play the new MW2 game on my original Xbox one the wired headset picks up my voice and players can hear me. However, when I hear they’re voices,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by TommyF317, Dec 7, 2022.

1. TommyF317
    TommyF317 Guest

Audio troubles on MW2

When I play the new MW2 game on my original Xbox one the wired headset picks up my voice and players can hear me. However, when I hear they’re voices, it comes through my tv. How to I change the audio, specifically game chat audio, to come through my headset?

:)

TommyF317, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Audio troubles on MW2

Hi TommyF317,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forums. Thank you for sharing your concern with us and hope you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. I just want to reconfirm it, you encountered problems using the headset on Xbox Series X while playing. You can listen/chat with your friends added online, but when games like Call of Duty, the audio is not working.

We will be happy to help you with that. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask you a few questions.

1. When did the problem start?
    2. Any other affected games asides MW2?
    3. Have you checked the audio settings?
    4. What have you done so far trying to fix the problem?
    Please provide the above information so that we can diagnose the problem correctly.

In the meantime, please check this site for more information and suggestions for possible fixes of the problem.

We hope it worked well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be happy to accompany you and help you.

Sincerely

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Audio troubles on MW2

Hello TommyF317,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Yogscast Seth Win User

Audio troubles

Under the "Volume & Audio Output" section of the settings you have three categories: 1. "Volume Options" which has "Chat mixer" and "Party chat output", 2. "Speaker Audio" which list the audio options I listed earlier and "Bitstream format" which can't be selected as Bitstream isn't supported with my current setup. And finally 3. "Headset Audio" which gives various headset audio software options by the look of it and a box you can check or uncheck if you're using a HDMI audio headset. No optical or HDMI on/off options.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Audio troubles

stereo uncompressed

optical off and hdmi on

under sound options
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Audio troubles

settings: audio: change output to hdmi stereo. if still no sound then double check that your monitor does have speakers as alot of them don't and they just have audio passthrough to a 3.5mm on the back.
Thema:

Audio troubles on MW2

1. Audio troubles on MW2 - Similar Threads - Audio troubles MW2

2. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  3. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  4. Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.: Just bought my new headpgones logitech X2 pro and the sound quality is terible compared to my old 40 bucks Volcano headphones. I have a tried a lot of stuff from yuotube like updating drivers,...
  5. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  6. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  7. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  8. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  9. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  10. Audio trouble

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio trouble: I am trying to change my audio settings through the "audio&music" tab on my xbox one S and it's grayed out and that's typically a connection issue but I have never had a corded headset and have...