Audio trouble

Discus and support Audio trouble in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing COD black ops 4 tonight and noticed i wasn’t able to use the live chat feature. When in a party with my sibling, we were able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BOIBLEU, Jul 15, 2020.

1. BOIBLEU
    BOIBLEU Guest

Audio trouble

I was playing COD black ops 4 tonight and noticed i wasn’t able to use the live chat feature. When in a party with my sibling, we were able to communicate fine, but after leaving the party (to communicate with our team in zombies) I was able to hear them
    but they couldn’t hear me. My setting to mute everyone except my party was disabled and I reset my xbox and it didn’t fix my problem

:)

BOIBLEU, Jul 15, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Yogscast Seth Win User

Audio troubles

Under the "Volume & Audio Output" section of the settings you have three categories: 1. "Volume Options" which has "Chat mixer" and "Party chat output", 2. "Speaker Audio" which list the audio options I listed earlier and "Bitstream format" which can't be selected as Bitstream isn't supported with my current setup. And finally 3. "Headset Audio" which gives various headset audio software options by the look of it and a box you can check or uncheck if you're using a HDMI audio headset. No optical or HDMI on/off options.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Audio troubles

stereo uncompressed

optical off and hdmi on

under sound options
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Audio troubles

settings: audio: change output to hdmi stereo. if still no sound then double check that your monitor does have speakers as alot of them don't and they just have audio passthrough to a 3.5mm on the back.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Audio trouble

Hi Trenton, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try power cycling the console.

To do it, follow these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

Let me know if it works!
  6. Yogscast Seth Win User

Audio troubles

There is no "HDMI stereo" output option, there's "Stereo uncompressed", "5.1 uncompressed", "7.1 uncompressed" and "Bitstream out" in the manual and in online reviews it says the monitor has built in 2w speakers.
Thema:

Audio trouble

1. Audio trouble - Similar Threads - Audio trouble

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  5. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.: Just bought my new headpgones logitech X2 pro and the sound quality is terible compared to my old 40 bucks Volcano headphones. I have a tried a lot of stuff from yuotube like updating drivers,...
  8. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  9. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  10. Audio trouble

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio trouble: I am trying to change my audio settings through the "audio&music" tab on my xbox one S and it's grayed out and that's typically a connection issue but I have never had a corded headset and have...