Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?

Discus and support Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey, I'm struggling here and I couldn't find any post describing the exact issue I'm going through. I have an Astro a50 (regular pc edition). I was... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Remote-Bear-5010, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?

Hey, I'm struggling here and I couldn't find any post describing the exact issue I'm going through.

I have an Astro a50 (regular pc edition). I was wondering if there's any way in which I could connect the headset to the TV through the optical cable to receive the chat voice only AND still output the game audio in the TV speakers.

Is that even possible or the Xbox audio card can't handle this scenario at all?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Remote-Bear-5010
    [link] [comments]

/u/Remote-Bear-5010, Nov 12, 2022
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Connecting digital stereo headphones to Xbox 360 elite

You have an older Xbox 360 model (pre May 2010), so there will not be a digital optical output built directly into your Xbox 360 that you will need in order to connect your surround stereo headset.

First, check to see if your TV has an digital optical output, often labeled 'S/PDIF'. If your TV has a digital optical output, you can plug the optical cable directly into this jack for game audio. Note: Check your TV manual to see if it supports Dolby Digital.

If your TV does not have a digital audio output, you will need to obtain the Audio Adapter Cable to work alongside the HDMI connection. The HDMI connection will send digital video and digital audio to your TV, while the Xbox 360 Audio Adapter will give you
    the optical digital audio jack you need to connect from the Xbox 360 to your headset.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Astro a50 gen 4/atmos

go to the general volume and audio output settings.

make sure all audio output is set to headset. under headset audio Dolby Atmos and using HDMI or optical audio are both checked.

I have hte same headset you do and they are up to date on firmware; firmware can only be updated on PC. Connected the same way yours are; optical connection to console, USB plugged into console.
  4. Worldring199 Win User

Turtle Beach X31

It will work, now with the chat adapter out, my problem is trying to stream audio to my pair. I don"t have a digital output on my tv and no headset jack, however I do have a digital audio output which is supposedly the same as optical output, could you
    clarify that for me?
  5. Gaaiz Win User

Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

Hello Sanana94,

Yes, I've followed and double checked the instructions provided with the headset. In my case the headset is connected via the USB Dongle, and not via optical/HDMI. The Xbox states that the regular audio output will be adjusted for the headset until it is
    turned off/unplugged. So when the headset dongle via USB is connected, the Xbox adjusts the headset output to Dolby Atmos (or Windows Sonic) and optical/HDMI output to Stereo instead of Dolby.

However, my issue is that when I turn the headset off the Xbox still recognizes the USB dongle as a "headset". The dongle itself states with the "red led" that it is disconnected, but does not trigger anything to the Xbox so it "knows" that there is no active
    headset. Therefore the Xbox keeps the Stereo audio output via optical/HDMI. Which is not preferred because I like to watch Netflix via the Xbox and I am not always using my headset while gaming.

I haven't contacted Plantronics yet, but since this seems to be a Xbox software issue and it is a official Xbox headset I thought this would be the best place to start.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

How to connect Logitech Z4 speakers to Xbox One S?

Another option would be to use a headset with your controller and listen to audio via the headset if you're using DVI. Unfortunately if you don't have an optical audio or receiver setup there wouldn't be a way for you to output to your Logitech speakers.
Thema:

Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?

1. Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output? - Similar Threads - Audio both output

2. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  3. So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings: You go to settings the follow this GENERAL>VOLUME & AUDIO OUTPUT> ADDITIONAL OPTIONS> MUTE SPEAKER AUDIO WHEN HEADSET ATTACHED I am posting this because I have seen a few people posting about...
  4. Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless): Anybody else have this problem? It's just in apps, audio works fine in games. submitted by /u/serialkillerx87 [link] [comments]
  5. Audio coming through a single headphone instead of both

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio coming through a single headphone instead of both: Hello! So I recently purchased the elite series 2 controller and everything has been fine (despite the slight key drift that tends to come with every xbox controller lol, even the 180$ ones)....
  6. Xbox Series Controllers on PC: Cannot simultaneously route audio to both controllers at the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series Controllers on PC: Cannot simultaneously route audio to both controllers at the...: I'm using the latest public release of Windows 11 at the time of this post. I own 2 Xbox Series Controllers. I also own the official Xbox USB Dongle so the 3.5 mm headphone jack on the controllers...
  7. No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers: I have my audio output set to both headset and speakers. When I do this, the party audio is low quality and I have zero game audio in my headset. The headset chat mixer is set between game and...
  8. series x and tv both trying to auto-detect audio and i can't choose dolby digital +

in XBoX on Consoles
    series x and tv both trying to auto-detect audio and i can't choose dolby digital +: I have a Samsung QLED TV and a Sonos Arc connected. I can turn on Dolby Digital+ for other apps, but not for the Series X. I can see the options the other device provides change when I change some...
  9. Xbox Series X - game and chat audio playing through both TV and headset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X - game and chat audio playing through both TV and headset?: I’ve set up my series X tonight and gone to play Vanguard - both the game audio/xbox menu sounds and voice chat all play through my headset at the same time. I would only like voice chat to play...
  10. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...