Audio settings help please!

Discus and support Audio settings help please! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a Vizio S3821w-c0 2.1 soundbar to replace my old and failing 5.1 system. This is how I have it wired: Directv box to XB1 via HDMI > XB1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EranMontiel, Dec 30, 2015.

1. EranMontiel
    EranMontiel Guest

I just bought a Vizio S3821w-c0 2.1 soundbar to replace my old and failing 5.1 system. This is how I have it wired:

Directv box to XB1 via HDMI > XB1 to TV via HDMI > TV to Soundbar via optical cable.

Since the soundbar supports Dolby Digital and DTS TruSurround, what are the optimal audio settings in the following XB1 menus?

Display & Sound > Hdmi audio >

(Bitstream or stereo uncompressed?)

Display & Sound > Bitstream format >

(Dolby Digital or DTS Digital Surround?)

TV & oneguide > audio & video > audio >

(Surround or Stereo?)

Right now I have it set with Bitstream, and Dolby Digital, and Surround, but I don't know if that's what's best. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

EranMontiel, Dec 30, 2015
  2. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    How to see what uncompressed audio format Xbox One is sending to Receiver

Hi

Please see the link below that may help in you have not already read it with the audio settings on your console.

support.xbox.com/.../configure-audio-settings

gds1972, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Blanco7
    Blanco7 Guest
    No Sound from Live TV, EVERYTHING else sounds flawless.

Update...

Tried going to Xbox One Settings, Audio/Display Settings, turned off HDMI Audio and left Optical On Stereo, still didn't resolve the issue. Please help...

Blanco7, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi Eran says,

I would try a couple setups here. If you're using HDMI to your TV, and then optical from your TV to your sound bar, I would do HDMI Stereo Uncompressed. If you don't care about your TV sound, then try using optical from the Xbox to the Sound Bar, turning
    off HDMI audio, and then doing bit stream, and selecting one of the Dolby settings.

Hordie, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Hordie Win User

Hi Eran says,

I would try a couple setups here. If you're using HDMI to your TV, and then optical from your TV to your sound bar, I would do HDMI Stereo Uncompressed. If you don't care about your TV sound, then try using optical from the Xbox to the Sound Bar, turning
    off HDMI audio, and then doing bit stream, and selecting one of the Dolby settings.
  6. Koop10010 Win User

Need serious help with Audio settings please

Set your audio over HDMI to stereo since that is going directly to your TV, no need for anything fancy.

Set your audio over optical to Bitstream either Dolby or DTS, as I just explained in another thread, I recommend Dolby.
  7. Jaymo1978 Win User

Hi Danny! It sounds to me like the best option for you here is to set your audio out to Bitstream either Dolby Digital or DTS (depending on which sounds/works best for you.) The way you describe it, it sounds like the HDMI cable is going directly from your
    One to your TV, without going through an HDMI pass-through on your SS system. The 5.1 through HDMI wouldn't work entirely, because I'm assuming your TV by itself is not a Surround Sound TV, hence needing the SS system besides.

So, by selecting 5.1 over HDMI, your One is sending the surround signal to the TV which is then trying to play a surround sound signal through its built-in stereo speakers, which won't work.

Bitstream is the audio format which sends surround sound signal via optical cable on the One. By setting this setting to a Surround, the One sends audio through the Optical cable directly to your SS system, which takes care of decoding the multi-channel
    audio.

The other option would be to run your HDMI out from your ONE into the SS system, then out from the SS system/Blu Ray into the TV. This would allow the Surround Signal to pass Via HDMI to the surround system, and the video would pass through to the TV (IF
    your SS system supports HDMI passthrough, which some do not.)

Hope this helps!
  8. Magaman-8B232765-380 Win User

The issue is your tv is unable to decode the 5.1 over HDMI. There are 5 channels of audio plus 1 channel for subwoofer they go in this order (Left, right, center, Surround Left, Surround Right). Since your TV is only stereo it's only playing channels 1 and
    2, left and right, and commentary is obviously on channel 3 center. Some TV can Downmix, where they take all 5 channels and mix them into 2 stereo channels.

What I would do is set the HDMI back to Stereo so you get the correct 2 channels of audio(the Xbox does the downmix) and then since you are using optical to your surround sound system, set optical to Bitstream and DD 5.1 or DTS is your system supports it.
  9. gds1972 Win User

How to see what uncompressed audio format Xbox One is sending to Receiver

Thema:

1. Audio settings help please! - Similar Threads - Audio settings help

2. Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar: Howdy Got my young fella a used Samsung HW-MS750 5.1 soundbar for his birthday to hook up to his Xbox One S so he can get a bit more sound when playing his games My main questions are, as i have...
  3. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  4. So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings: You go to settings the follow this GENERAL>VOLUME & AUDIO OUTPUT> ADDITIONAL OPTIONS> MUTE SPEAKER AUDIO WHEN HEADSET ATTACHED I am posting this because I have seen a few people posting about...
  5. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc
  6. Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?: If you want the best in sound that it's usually best to have the headphone app be whatever headphone app corresponds to the audio code language of the Blu-ray disc or Web movie or game you're...
  7. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  8. When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...: Does it happen to any one else ? 082944cb-2fe1-4b44-8f36-8b454c0a26e4
  9. Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X: I play on my xbox with only one ear bud in at any time and cannot hear my party over the game. I'd like for the game audio to come out of the television only and chat audio to come out of my...
  10. How to set up headset audio?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to set up headset audio?: Please someone actually tell me what to do. Because all the other answers is from like 2 years ago. How do i set up my audio to be in my headset when i play a game, i have tried literally...