Audio output settings - Xbox app for PC sends game chat audio to wrong device

Discus and support Audio output settings - Xbox app for PC sends game chat audio to wrong device in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello - trying to troubleshoot an audio issue in my setup, using Xbox app for Windows 10 PC. I have two different sound cards - one is my Realtek... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Panozguy, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Panozguy
    Panozguy Guest

Hello - trying to troubleshoot an audio issue in my setup, using Xbox app for Windows 10 PC.

I have two different sound cards - one is my Realtek motherboard audio, and the second is a Soundblaster Audigy FX in a PCI-E slot. The Realtek is the default audio output device and works fine for in game music and effects. The Soundblaster is only used
    to drive my bass shakers on my racing rig and works fine for normal Forza 7, Forza Horizon 4, and other games for its intended purpose.

All works well until I establish a multiplayer connection. My voice input (mic) and sidetone is fine, and in game audio, music and sound routes through the default Realtek output fine. The problem is that my multiplayer game partner's voice is routed through
    my secondary sound card. Their voice comes through my bass shakers instead of through the default Realtek sound card. I've looked everywhere and can't track this one down.

TL;DR - I want to route multiplayer chat through my headphones instead of through my bass shakers.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

:)

Panozguy, Nov 7, 2020
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox console companion: Wrong output

It's only with the game audio? Have you check on the settings of the app or even the audio settings of your windows PC, try to change your output device, put your headset on it.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

i can’t Hear my game

Are you playing on a Xbox console?

If so, go to the audio settings in the console settings and set up the console audio to output game audio via headset.

In the headphone settings you can also set up spatial 3D audio, by turning the audio output for headphones to Windows Sonic, or if you have purchased the Atmos App (the free app only works 14 days with headphones), you can also set Dolby Atmos for headphones.

If you are on the PC, you need to make the headphone your device for audio output (not only voice communications).

Click on the speaker icon in the lower right, and choose the output channel for the headphone. Depending on your soundcard or USB headset, you need to select the proper audio output.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

game chat on twitch stream

If you are using a capture device and capture the gameplay on a PC, make sure that you have set the chat output to external speakers as well in the audio settings.

Or are you using the Twitch app on your console?
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Issues with one person hearing me in a Party.

Hi, my name is oskayra and I would be happy to help.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this inconvenience at this time. The issue you're experiencing with voice chat in your Xbox party could be due to a compatibility issue between the Xbox app on PC and the Xbox One. While cross-platform party chat is generally supported, there can be occasional glitches or compatibility issues that affect specific users or setups.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

Update your devices: Ensure both you and your friend have the latest updates installed for Windows, the Xbox app on PC, and the Xbox One console software. Updates often address known bugs and compatibility issues.

Check audio settings: Verify that your microphone and audio output devices are correctly selected in both the Xbox app on PC and the Xbox One console settings.

Reset audio settings: Reset your audio settings to their default values. This can be done in the Xbox app on PC by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output. On Xbox One, go to Settings > General > Audio.

Try a different chat mixer: Adjust the chat mixer settings to prioritize your microphone volume. This can be done in the Xbox app on PC by going to Settings > General > Chat mixer. On Xbox One, go to Settings > General > Audio.

Use alternative communication methods: As a temporary workaround, you could use an alternative communication method like Discord or a third-party voice chat app to communicate with your friend while the issue persists.

I hope you can solve this problem with the information I provide you, in case the problem persists, let me know.

Best Regards,
    Oskayra
  6. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
Thema:

1. Audio output settings - Xbox app for PC sends game chat audio to wrong device - Similar Threads - Audio output settings

2. Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device: I think some windows update caused this or something. Basically my headset which has a built in microphone is plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop. When it is plugged in it should show...
  3. I need help figuring out how to get audio output.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help figuring out how to get audio output.: I have not been able to talk to anyone in a party for over a year now. I can hear them, but they can’t hear me. This started when I had my old Xbox One and old headset. I thought that maybe it was...
  4. Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...: Hello, Please see the previous locked thread on this issue. While using a Wireless Xbox Controller, it turns off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input while connected to PC via...
  5. Part chat audio sounds doubled when using party chat output to headset and speakers.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Part chat audio sounds doubled when using party chat output to headset and speakers.: I'm trying to use the party chat output to headset and speaker to capture the party chat on my elgato HD60X but when I put it to headset and speakers but it makes the party audio sounds like it's...
  6. why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?: how has microsoft failed to include this BASIC feature? there are many other VERY basic features left out of windows 10 edition, but this is one of the most annoying to me. I use voicemeeter for...
  7. Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?: The xbox mobile app does not allow for selecting audio input and output. This used to be a dropdown in the party menu. A separate thread mentioned the feature being removed because the app SHOULD...
  8. How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...: So, I bought this new PC and mostly everything works! The only thing I'm concerned about is the audio inputs and outputs, whenever I plug in the output it works fine, but when I plug in my input,...
  9. How to fix the video and audio output settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix the video and audio output settings: While trying to fix my settings for my audio I noticed it doesn’t display the same setting options as other consoles would is there a way to fix that. f4b86445-9eba-456f-b08f-4f7fcaeb5401
  10. Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?

in XboX Insiders
    Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?: Hey, I'm struggling here and I couldn't find any post describing the exact issue I'm going through. I have an Astro a50 (regular pc edition). I was wondering if there's any way in which I could...