Audio output settings - Xbox app for PC sends game chat audio to wrong device

Discus and support Audio output settings - Xbox app for PC sends game chat audio to wrong device in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello - trying to troubleshoot an audio issue in my setup, using Xbox app for Windows 10 PC. I have two different sound cards - one is my Realtek... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Panozguy, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Panozguy
    Panozguy Guest

Hello - trying to troubleshoot an audio issue in my setup, using Xbox app for Windows 10 PC.

I have two different sound cards - one is my Realtek motherboard audio, and the second is a Soundblaster Audigy FX in a PCI-E slot. The Realtek is the default audio output device and works fine for in game music and effects. The Soundblaster is only used
    to drive my bass shakers on my racing rig and works fine for normal Forza 7, Forza Horizon 4, and other games for its intended purpose.

All works well until I establish a multiplayer connection. My voice input (mic) and sidetone is fine, and in game audio, music and sound routes through the default Realtek output fine. The problem is that my multiplayer game partner's voice is routed through
    my secondary sound card. Their voice comes through my bass shakers instead of through the default Realtek sound card. I've looked everywhere and can't track this one down.

TL;DR - I want to route multiplayer chat through my headphones instead of through my bass shakers.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

:)

Panozguy, Nov 7, 2020
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox console companion: Wrong output

It's only with the game audio? Have you check on the settings of the app or even the audio settings of your windows PC, try to change your output device, put your headset on it.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

i can’t Hear my game

Are you playing on a Xbox console?

If so, go to the audio settings in the console settings and set up the console audio to output game audio via headset.

In the headphone settings you can also set up spatial 3D audio, by turning the audio output for headphones to Windows Sonic, or if you have purchased the Atmos App (the free app only works 14 days with headphones), you can also set Dolby Atmos for headphones.

If you are on the PC, you need to make the headphone your device for audio output (not only voice communications).

Click on the speaker icon in the lower right, and choose the output channel for the headphone. Depending on your soundcard or USB headset, you need to select the proper audio output.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

game chat on twitch stream

If you are using a capture device and capture the gameplay on a PC, make sure that you have set the chat output to external speakers as well in the audio settings.

Or are you using the Twitch app on your console?
  5. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cant hear game audio when in party on PC

Of course, mate.

Ok:

Open the Xbox Game Bar and join/initiate a party chat (don’t leave the party till the completion of the solution).

Now open the Xbox Game Bar Settings by clicking on the Gear icon and in the menu shown, click on Party Chat (in the left half of the window).

Then set your Audio Output to the headset and if it is already set to the headset change it to another device (if you only have one single device, then try to use a dummy device from applications like Virtual Audio Cable).

Repeat the same for Audio Input and then close the Settings Windows.

Then click on the Widget Menu and choose Audio.

Now make sure the output (in the Mix tab) and input (in the Voice tab) is set to your headset. And make sure the system sounds are on max.

Then repeat steps 2 to 4 but make sure your headset is set as audio output and input device.

Now close the Settings window and check if the party chat and the game's volume have started to work fine.

If not, then check if disabling Push to Talk in the Party Chat settings of the Game Bar solves the issue
Thema:

1. Audio output settings - Xbox app for PC sends game chat audio to wrong device - Similar Threads - Audio output settings

2. Turtle Beach Stealth 600 not outputting any audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Stealth 600 not outputting any audio: The headset works because I already tried it on pc but the xbox doesn’t even know it’s connected to it and the usb & headset both say they are but the xbox is the one malfunctioning. There was an...
  3. How to fix the video and audio output settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix the video and audio output settings: While trying to fix my settings for my audio I noticed it doesn’t display the same setting options as other consoles would is there a way to fix that. f4b86445-9eba-456f-b08f-4f7fcaeb5401
  4. Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?

in XboX Insiders
    Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?: Hey, I'm struggling here and I couldn't find any post describing the exact issue I'm going through. I have an Astro a50 (regular pc edition). I was wondering if there's any way in which I could...
  5. Confused about audio output settings for home theater with Series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Confused about audio output settings for home theater with Series x: Greetings For movies and TV I like to use a home theater with surround. We recently moved and the basement is wired already with speakers and a home theater receiver. It is a Pioneer VSX-80TXV...
  6. Xbox series a controller not outputting audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series a controller not outputting audio: My Xbox series s controller refuses to output audio no matter what I do. It has worked with the exact same headphones literally a few days ago and now nothing. I can hear slight static when the...
  7. No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers: I have my audio output set to both headset and speakers. When I do this, the party audio is low quality and I have zero game audio in my headset. The headset chat mixer is set between game and...
  8. Discord voice chat ignores team chat audio output setting

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat ignores team chat audio output setting: I've set the Xbox to output team audio chat to both the TV and the headset. As of Delta 220812 Xbox ignores the setting and only outputs to the headset submitted by /u/Human-Photograph-428...
  9. X1 X audio output settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1 X audio output settings: Hello, I have a problem I can't solve by myself. I have Xbox one X, Samsung TV (Q60 series), and recently I have bought a Samsung soundbar (Q60 series). Based on the specification soundbar has...
  10. Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through: Hi, I think it's about time an option was added to the Bitsream format drop-down menu in the Audio output settings, to allow pass-through of audio instead of having to select between DTS Digital...