Audio options missing for Home Theater setup on Series S?

Discus and support Audio options missing for Home Theater setup on Series S? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello everyone! First time poster with an issue that it seems absolutely no one in the world but me has. I got a new Home Theater recently, i set it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Estefcruz, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Estefcruz
    Estefcruz Guest

Hello everyone! First time poster with an issue that it seems absolutely no one in the world but me has.

I got a new Home Theater recently, i set it up and i confirmed it works on my tv, but i see a lot of comments saying i need to use the Dolby Audio app to set up the home theater.

For some reason it just doesn't seem to identify my console, on top of that the audio option that everyone is telling me to change ...is not showing on my console.

The column on the middle just does not show up ( attached image of what I mean), does anyone know what's the reason for.this? I just want to play my games with Home Theater setup.

Thank you!

Audio options missing for Home Theater setup on Series S? [​IMG]

:)

Estefcruz, Dec 27, 2021
  2. XBF - Drew Win User

Hi Estefcruz,

Do you have an image of the middle column missing? Unfortunately, we don't have an answer for this problem currently but here are some troubleshooting steps to try:

Complete all Xbox updates

Use this article to help you navigate to available system updates for your Xbox console.

Audio testing & details
    Navigate to Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Advanced > and select Audio testing & details to see what it recommends for your current setup.

If neither of these provides any sort of solution, please report this as a problem on your Xbox console. This will allow Team Xbox to continue investigating the problem with your Xbox console.

Let me know if any of the troubleshooting solves your problem by selecting "Yes" below.

3. Splinter4 Win User

HD Audio Bitstream Out on Xbox one and New Xbox One S

I'd really like to get an answer to this question too. I recently upgraded my entire home theater to a 7.1.4 speaker setup (that's the standard 7.1 plus 4 speakers on the ceiling). This takes full advantage of the new Dolby Atmos and DTS-X audio codes.

So if this new Xbox One S doesn't allow us to use the new 4K / UHD Disk's full audio options (and standard Blu-ray audio options for that matter), then that will definitely be a deal breaker for me.
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Audio Lag using Xbox One S, but not original Xbox One Console

Hey sparks -

Sorry to hear about the issue. Do note that the
    home theater setup guide
    does mention that this kind of basic setup with an A/V receiver, you're passing both audio and video through another device. Depending on your equipment, there's a small risk of audio or video lag. With that in mind, what is the
    make and model of both your soundbar and TV? It's possible that one (or both) of those isn't able to handle what the Xbox One S is outputting and is trying to compensate which is causing the audio lag.

Keep us posted! :)
  5. jp_drums_4evr Win User

Connecting to a home theatre

Hello trickybuz93, thanks for posting in the forums to get some help. Information about connecting your xbox to a home theater can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../connect-sound-system

Bottom line is you need a separate optical cable to connect to a home theater system. The HDMI apparently doesn't carry the audio.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

5.1 audio issues with Xbox one

Thema:

1. Audio options missing for Home Theater setup on Series S? - Similar Threads - Audio options missing

2. Xbox Series X not giving uncompressed audio as options via eArc setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not giving uncompressed audio as options via eArc setup: Xbox Series X connected to Epson LS12000 and Monolith HTP-1 via 8K HDMI cables. Xbox into HDMI 1 on LS12000. HTP-1 (eArc output) into HDMI 2 (eArc input) on LS12000. Cables are both connected...
  3. Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?

in XboX Insiders
    Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?: It has been a slight issue honestly for me since the implementation of the audio option. I connect through an AV receiver to tv. It's only with Dolby options that there is any noticable audio lag....
  4. Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game: I am super annoyed about the fact that the Xbox App does NOT give me the option I want to install a game in and that games like Gears 5 or Starfield also do NOT have a language option IN GAME. My...
  5. Does Xbox game bar have an option to include my mic audio for my friend who is streaming in...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does Xbox game bar have an option to include my mic audio for my friend who is streaming in...: I play on PC with friends that play on xbox and i talk to them using the party system from the Xbox game bar. Some of them stream and said that i need to allow my audio to be included so they can...
  6. Accessibility audio, option for audio levelling avaliable

in XboX Insiders
    Accessibility audio, option for audio levelling avaliable: Hi I have a discord community, I enjoy my engagement with others. My issues is my hearing, I have partial deafness in my right, I have to have the sound up very loud on my xbox, so I can hear...
  7. why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?: how has microsoft failed to include this BASIC feature? there are many other VERY basic features left out of windows 10 edition, but this is one of the most annoying to me. I use voicemeeter for...
  8. Xbox SX: Why did MIcrosoft remove the Bitstream Audio Out option?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox SX: Why did MIcrosoft remove the Bitstream Audio Out option?: Like the title says, it's no longer there in the options. Games do not sound as good as they did on my One-X as a result! Why in the world would MS remove the Bitstream Out/Optical Out option? Is...
  9. Friends are not given option to include their party audio on my Twitch Stream

in XboX Insiders
    Friends are not given option to include their party audio on my Twitch Stream: I have been trying for months to resolve this issue. I've messed with my settings, asked me friends to mess with their's; I just don't know if what I'm telling them is correct because there's so...
  10. No option for party members to include audio in Twitch stream.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No option for party members to include audio in Twitch stream.: Firstly RIP MIXER that platform was amazing and worked without an issue for me during the entire lifespan and was simply a far superior product for creator's, viewers and Community in general....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox enable dts-x home theater