Audio optical output

Discus and support Audio optical output in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Currently having an issue connecting to my soundbar through optical output or audio cord. I have a Bluetooth transmitter with optical cord. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarcStewart1, Jul 17, 2020.

1. MarcStewart1
    MarcStewart1 Guest

Audio optical output

Currently having an issue connecting to my soundbar through optical output or audio cord. I have a Bluetooth transmitter with optical cord. The Bluetooth is connected to the speaker and when plugging into controller I get sound through all my speakers. I
    would like to plug into optical port in back of xbox.

:)

MarcStewart1, Jul 17, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Paraffin Alien Win User

I have video but no sound

Have you checked the audio output settings on the console?

Go to settings,

select Display & Sound

select Audio Output

and there you will see a choice of either HDMI audio or optical audio.

Check to make sure HDMI audio is selected

As if it`s set to optical you will not get an audio output through the HDMI cable.
  3. DeathFace Dad Win User

S/Pdif to RCA Audio Adapter for Xbox One

Xbox One has 2 outputs - one HDMI and one Optical Audio (s/pdif). HDMI carries both audio and video. But if you want to send your audio to a receiver that does not have HDMI inputs, then you can use the optical output from Xbox One. PS4 is exactly the
    same.

And William is right - if you try converting HDMI to DVI, you will lose the audio on both Xbox and PS4 (unless you are using the separate optical output for audio).
  4. RakkaDisciprine Win User

Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

You have to switch the optical audio output to "Bitstream" and then change the Bitstream output to "Dolby Digital".
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox Audio->Reciever

It doesn't matter. Both the HDMI audio output and the optical audio output provide the same audio signal. While one is optical and one is electrical, both are digital and contain the same information.

The only thing you should worry about is if the receiver introduces any latency in the HDMI video path.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Connecting digital stereo headphones to Xbox 360 elite

You have an older Xbox 360 model (pre May 2010), so there will not be a digital optical output built directly into your Xbox 360 that you will need in order to connect your surround stereo headset.

First, check to see if your TV has an digital optical output, often labeled 'S/PDIF'. If your TV has a digital optical output, you can plug the optical cable directly into this jack for game audio. Note: Check your TV manual to see if it supports Dolby Digital.

If your TV does not have a digital audio output, you will need to obtain the Audio Adapter Cable to work alongside the HDMI connection. The HDMI connection will send digital video and digital audio to your TV, while the Xbox 360 Audio Adapter will give you
    the optical digital audio jack you need to connect from the Xbox 360 to your headset.
Thema:

Audio optical output

1. Audio optical output - Similar Threads - Audio optical output

2. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  3. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  4. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  5. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  6. Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.: Just bought my new headpgones logitech X2 pro and the sound quality is terible compared to my old 40 bucks Volcano headphones. I have a tried a lot of stuff from yuotube like updating drivers,...
  7. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  8. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  9. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  10. fiber optic audio on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    fiber optic audio on/off: hey any chance i can get a update for my XB1 that when i tell my XB1 to turn off the fiber optic audio out it will maybe oh I don't know turn off! I have a fiber optic audio splitter and the light...