audio not working on TV display

Discus and support audio not working on TV display in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so I connected my ROG GL551 laptop to my TV and everything works even the audio is displayed as being connected to the TV however no sound comes out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by funnykong=], Jul 9, 2022.

1. funnykong=]
    funnykong=] Guest

so I connected my ROG GL551 laptop to my TV and everything works even the audio is displayed as being connected to the TV however no sound comes out when the TV speakers are selected, what can I do??

:)

funnykong=], Jul 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today FunnyKong

Buddy, could you try this:

"a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.
    b) Spot and expand the “Sound, video and game controllers”.
    c) Right click on the High Definition Audio Device driver and select “Disable”. When it prompts to choose an option, click OK. Close the Window, come back and try to re-enable it. Now check if the issue still appears.
    d). If it does, then right click on the High Definition Audio Device driver and select “Update Driver Software”. When it prompts to choose an option How do you want to search driver, then go with Search automatically for updated driver software. If you have a driver available on your PC, then select Browse my computer for driver software, then select the appropriate location, where the driver located on your PC for updating it. (Ensure that PC is connected to Internet while performing this step)
    e). Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed. If it doesn't fix the issue, then Right click on the same driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start. Check and see if it resolve the issue. (Recommended step)
    Follow the same steps for updating Video drivers. You can find video drivers under Display adapters in Device Manager."

By the way, is this the first time you connect the laptop to your TV?
    May I know if you tried using another HDMI port?
    And which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this issue?

Original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Keep the driver as High Definition, usually the Intel Display Audio works if your sound card is one from intel.

Would be great if you double check this with AIDA64 software

Sending a video sounds good
  4. funnykong=] Win User

And when I switch it back to high definition audio this happens
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. funnykong=] Win User

when I updated the driver it seemed to just switch to the TVs audio device "intel(R)display" or something like that, the driver the TV was first on, ive just restarted it, and when I do, its connected and I have access to the volume, but no matter what I fiddle with no audio comes out, I even tried testing the audio itself and all I get is "failed to play test tone"
    yes it is my first time, and yes ive only used 1 HDMI cable, was I supposed to use multiple?
  6. funnykong=] Win User

if youd like I could send a video of the issue to help better understand it mabye?
Thema:

1. audio not working on TV display - Similar Threads - audio working display

2. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  3. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  4. After rehooking up a audio extractor that was working fine no longer works on the Xbox but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After rehooking up a audio extractor that was working fine no longer works on the Xbox but...: The extractor worked perfect until I rehooked it up the same way it was. I have tried a new extractor,new cables still on signal passing thru the audio extractor. Please help!...
  5. How do I go about this??My audio on twitch for my voice isn't working.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I go about this??My audio on twitch for my voice isn't working.: So recently I got a new wireless headset and when I stream on Twitch my voice audio doesn't come through but everyone else in the Xbox party you can hear. I think it could be because I have a...
  6. Spotify audio mixing not working

in XboX Insiders
    Spotify audio mixing not working: Anyone having issues with mixing Spotify audio and system audio? All sound comes through at 100% all the time and I can reduce sound from either Spotify or system. Setup: Xbox Series X Gen4 Astro...
  7. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  8. uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working: I have an Xbox Series X connected to a Yamaha receiver via HDMI. For months, it's worked perfectly with 7.1 uncompressed audio. Today, I suddenly had no sound. The receiver shows that it is...
  9. My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?: My mic is getting audio from Xbox however my mic is not inputting into my Xbox to chat in parties online. It was working fine a few days ago. I’ve tried all the things that were suggested,...
  10. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...