Audio not playing through headset

Discus and support Audio not playing through headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Audio playing through tv with headset connect tried everything on youtube nothing works is xbox broken?????? So annoying... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NathanielJarn., Mar 24, 2022.

1. Audio not playing through headset

Audio playing through tv with headset connect tried everything on youtube nothing works is xbox broken?????? So annoying

:)

NathanielJarn., Mar 24, 2022
  2. Ryan_463 Win User

HDMI Audio kann nicht abgestellt werden. [HDMI audio cannot be turned off.]

This cannot be correct? how can it be a bug to only want to play audio through a headset and not through both headset and soundbar/speakers? you have always been able to choose the option to only play through a headset and turn off the output via speaker, since the September update you no longer can.

what possible use case would there be to play audio through both speaker and headset?
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi NathanielJarn! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Audio plays trough the headset and the Tv or only the Tv? How are the headset connected, on the controller, trough USB ?
  4. MisterFizzle Win User

Head phone

Hey RedFoxx,

You are correct. The headset is just for chat audio, it does not play game or system audio through that earpiece.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox 360: Audio playing through TV not headset

The Xbox 360 controller does not support game audio to be played through the controller's audio port.

The audio port is only built for headset voice chat.
  6. julosjc Win User

Audio

Hi there, you can select in audio settings where to play your game audio, if through headset is desired.

good luck
Thema:

1. Audio not playing through headset - Similar Threads - Audio playing through

2. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?: I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear...
  3. can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?: greetings everyone before explaining my problm ..im describing the instruments im using.. xbox series x sony 43 inches tv( smart tv capable of 5.1 audio and dolby audio) support ARC hdmi sony...
  4. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc
  5. How to get party audio through remote play (or any workaround)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to get party audio through remote play (or any workaround): Previously with the Xbox Console Companion and my old-gen Xbox one, I was able to stream to twitch with party audio and a full overlay with streamlabs. Now, with my Xbox series s and the new Xbox...
  6. Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?: Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset? 49ee8916-4886-4f66-8a9e-77db0062354c
  7. Xbox series x controller connected to PC won't play audio through earphones connected to...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x controller connected to PC won't play audio through earphones connected to...: I've tried three different regular pairs of earphones and it's the same thing. I hear a popping sound when connecting the earphones to the controller. Works with playstation 4 controllers. Not...
  8. Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.: I started using this app to play games on my xbox by streaming it to my laptop, because I typically am in a discord call with other people while I do so. For the first few weeks of using this app,...
  9. How to play game audio through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to play game audio through headset?: I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the headset covers both ears. I went through all the...
  10. Can I play game audio through speakers and chat audio through my Xbox One controller’s ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play game audio through speakers and chat audio through my Xbox One controller’s ...: I have Windows 10, plug in my Xbox One controller through USB, and the controller is the updated version with the 3.5mm jack (no Bluetooth) to which I connect the Xbox included headset. I’ve...