Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

Discus and support Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Diego Fazzi, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Diego Fazzi
    Diego Fazzi Guest

Hi,

I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the same amount of volume (i suppose it is 50/50). It is a really helpfull sometimes to have more audio from chat instead of the game and viceversa. Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

Diego Fazzi, Dec 29, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello Diego,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, there are a few things you can try to fix the audio mixer issue on your Xbox wireless headset.

Make sure the headset is properly connected to the Xbox console. Make sure the headphones are turned on and the charging cable is connected to the console.

Check for firmware updates. Microsoft often releases firmware updates for its wireless headphones to fix problems.

You can check if updates are available for your headset by opening the Settings app on your Xbox console and selecting "Headsets & Audio."

Then, select "Xbox Wireless Headset" and select "See information and support."

If an update is available, an option to install it will be displayed.

Reset the headphones. If you have tried the steps above and the problem persists, you can try resetting the headphones.

To do this, press and hold the sync button for 10 seconds.

The headphones will turn off and on again.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-xbox-wireless-headset

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]If the cable imput is only for audio then there would be absolutely no way for the mic to work on the headset to begin with.[/quote]The physical boom mic, or the chat audio?

This question/conversation is not about the physical boom mic, it's about the chat audio.
    That said, there's no reason that the headset should work but not the mic, except maybe the protocols.
    It's the wireless
    protocol that won't work.

See
    this wireless headset
    ? The only thing this wireless headset does is handle chat conversations between other Xbox Live members. You don't get regular game audio through it. To function, the wireless headset pairs with the 360 console and runs over the same
    wireless protocol as 360 controllers. Tritton integrated the functionality of that wireless headset into their own. The Warhead's base station has a pairing button, just like the wireless headset. The base station takes care of mixing the chat audio and the
    game audio, but without that pairing to the 360 there's no way to get chat audio into the base station.

Microsoft explicitly stated that the wireless protocol between the Xbox One and its accessories is different than the protocol used by 360 accessories. Because the wireless headset uses these same protocols, it won't work on the Xbox One. By extension, the
    wireless pairing that the Warhead does with the 360 console won't work with the Xbox One console.

The Tritton Warhead is a headset designed for use only with the Xbox 360. Without a 360 console, it becomes a regular set of headphones, rendering the boom mic useless. If all you want to do is listen to game audio, that's not a dealbreaker.
    If you want to talk to other gamers in realtime, you're looking at buying a new headset.

Astro? Turtle Beach? Their wireless headsets will work with the Xbox One, including their mics, because they all currently plug into the 360 controller for chat audio. The controller handles the wireless link to the 360 for the chat audio, but from the audio
    port on the controller to the headset is all bog standard 2.5mm headset territory. MS is working on an adapter to allow older 360-compatible headset cables to attach to the new Xbox One controller, again allowing headsets to piggyback on the controller for
    chat audio. The Warhead? Out of luck. No cable, no piggyback.

It's this tight coupling to the 360's wireless protocol for chat audio that caused me to ignore the Warhead's development and shipment to market. As soon as I saw that it was bound to the 360, I said this is going to end badly for a $300 headset. My Astro
    A40s with a Mixamp 5.8? My friend's Astro A50s? They'll both be fully functional with the Xbox One.
  4. fizzyBLACKpop Win User

Sound

I can only suggest checking that the audio hasn't been turned off in the game/chat mixer settings.

Also is the headset plugged directly in to the controller or is there an adaptor between the headset and controller?

Have you checked that the headset is working by using it with another media?

Hope this can help
  5. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
  6. Listed mia 510 Win User

How do I adjust chat/game volume on astros?

6) Select Bitstream format and then select Dolby Digital.

Configuring the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter

By default, the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter will output both game audio and voice audio which will render the mixer on the A50 Wireless Headset unusable. Follow the below steps to set the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to only output voice audio which
    will correct this.

1) Set the mixer on the A50 Wireless Headset to full voice audio. To do this, hold down the voice button on the A50 Wireless Headset until you hear two beeps. Two beeps is an indication that you have fully mixed towards either game or voice depending on
    what button you was holding.

2) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the chat audio button until you hear a beep. At this point, you should only be able to hear voice audio from your Xbox One.

3) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the plus button until the voice audio no longer increases.

That's all that's to it! You will now be able to use the microphone from your A50 Wireless Headset on your Xbox One and the mixer will work as intended allowing you to mix between game audio and voice audio with ease. Should you have any further questions
    regarding the A50 Wireless Headset and Xbox One, please feel free to post them on this thread and we'll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.

This seems to be the same for the Xo7 as well. My co worker said there is not even a volume control turn dial at all.

IMO this is not ok.

That copy paste is saying turn your game audio off to be able to adjust your voice volume.
Thema:

1. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work. - Similar Threads - Audio mixer between

2. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  3. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  4. Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x: I recently got my xbox series x, I have a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 headset that I've been using on my previous Xbox one s. I have paired it with my xbox x but the volume for party and game...
  5. My headset chat mixer is grey and i do not have game audio.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is grey and i do not have game audio.: My headset chat mixer is grey and i have no game audio but i can hear people in xbox party chats i tried a new controller new headphones restarting my console nothing will fix it. What do i do?...
  6. xbox wireless headset chat mixer stuck on game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset chat mixer stuck on game audio: About 2 days ago, my headset chat mixer all of a sudden got hard stuck at game audio chat. So now when I go into parties I can’t hear people but they can hear me due to my headset chat mixer being...
  7. I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.: I just use earbuds for a headset and they have worked perfectly fine until today. It will only let me hear party audio when I'm in an xbox party but I still can't even hear game or music audio...
  8. My Headset Chat Mixer is greyed out and all I can hear is party audio I don’t know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Headset Chat Mixer is greyed out and all I can hear is party audio I don’t know what to do: So I went to play Xbox and I plugged in my headset and all I hear is chat audio while all my game audio is coming out of my tv I tried messing with my audio settings and got nowhere...
  9. Xbox game bar audio mixer just spins.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar audio mixer just spins.: I use Xbox game bar on my PC, however the audio widget just spins and doesn't show anything and I'm unable to select my input or mix my audio. I've tried reinstalling both the game bar and the...
  10. Terrible audio quality with chat mixer

in XBoX on Windows
    Terrible audio quality with chat mixer: Has anyone had any issues with their chat mixer messing up their Xbox party audio quality? Unless my chat mix is set completely to party, the audio sounds robotic and compressed. I’ve tried it on...