Audio issue with game/party chat

Discus and support Audio issue with game/party chat in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, So I`m at a complete loss of how to fix this issue... long story short my PC had to be sent in for repair so I had to hook my Xbox one x back... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by rehanna4music, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Audio issue with game/party chat

Hello,

So I`m at a complete loss of how to fix this issue... long story short my PC had to be sent in for repair so I had to hook my Xbox one x back up to use for the time being. I went back to using my previous headset which wasn't a bad head set at all (turtle Beach stealth 700) and I can hear my game and any other media just fine,.. but when I go to play with a friend whether it's in the game chat, or a party chat they cannot hear me and I cannot hear them. Is it because they're on PC when I am om Xbox? Because all my settings are exactly right as they should be.. I've tried looking up this issue and I can't seem to find anyone who has had the same issue? Thoughts anyone?

:)

rehanna4music, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Frathos Win User

Beeping sound on headset

Are you using the chat mixer to change the balance between party and game chat audio? That function makes a beep when you max out the mixer function to all game or all party chat audio.
  3. BadWolfBrando Win User

Trouble with voice on windows xbox app

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you are having audio issues while in party chat. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.
    There is no mention of coming through party and game chat and the issue still persists. The audio is fine. I hear everyone in my party and they hear me, but everyone outside the party can hear me too.
  4. NukaColaSour Win User

How do I fix choppy audio when streaming on twitch from my Xbox series S?

Thanks for the attempt to help, I’m not having issues with party chat, it’s all audio including the game sounding choppy
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi rehanna4music, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

For cases like these steps that we have to perform are to try to use a different controller if there is an available one. If there isn't please check if there is an update available for the controller that you're currently using. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

It can be the controller, headset, or account settings,
  6. Flaming Matt Win User

Xbox One stereo headset adapter/game sound

Im having the same issue with my Astro A40s. Even adjusting the game/chat volume control on the mixamp does nothing but change whether in game music is louder or if in game character audio is louder. Nothing seems to affect the party chat audio by itself.
Thema:

1. Audio issue with game/party chat - Similar Threads - Audio issue game

2. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  3. Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game): I was playing RE7: Biohazard Gold Edition on my Xbox series S and there is a cutscene in the old house where Lucas grabs Mia from the neck and says some dialog. I was using headphones on the...
  4. Audio issue with streaming service and gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issue with streaming service and gaming: So I tried watching YouTube to find that every video had visuals and audio heavily slowed, I then checked other streaming services (Spotify Netflix etc) and sure enough they were the same, went on...
  5. Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues: When gaming with my friends I use Xbox Game Bar to capture gameplay and Discord to communicate with teammates. During gameplay I can hear everyone fine. However, during playback my teammates audio...
  6. Audio issues when switching from a game in HDR to an SDR game.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues when switching from a game in HDR to an SDR game.: Hey so I’ve been having a random issue where if I’m playing a game that’s in HDR (example: Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, etc.) and the. Switch to a game that’s in SDR like Minecraft I lose all audio...
  7. What to do about audio issues for Starfield cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do about audio issues for Starfield cloud gaming?: Earlier today cloud gaming for Starfield was working perfectly. Tonight, I'm on my 4th restart (with 15-20 minutes waits each time) in order to have sound when in-game. It isn't a hardware issue...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Capturing Audio Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Capturing Audio Issues: I've been using Xbox Game Bar to record clips on my games, at first the clips were not recording the audio of others in the Xbox party with me, Now the Game Bar isn't capturing my audio but is...
  9. New logitech gaming headset audio issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    New logitech gaming headset audio issue: I am using a new logitech gaming headset and I can't separate the headset audio from my TV audio. I never messed with the audio settings when I had my old turtle beaches and the audio on them...
  10. Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?: Crackling Audio Issues: Okay, so here’s some context. I use a Razer Nari Ultimate headset usually connected in Bluetooth. When I launch any Microsoft associated games from the xbox store on my PC...