Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me clearly but I can't hear them (Fortnite...

Discus and support Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me clearly but I can't hear them (Fortnite... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me clearly but I can't hear them (Fortnite & COD) 2022. Can anyone assist with this? XBOX SERIES S.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x Dedicasean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. x Dedicasean
    x Dedicasean Guest

Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me clearly but I can't hear them (Fortnite...

Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me clearly but I can't hear them (Fortnite & COD) 2022. Can anyone assist with this? XBOX SERIES S.

:)

x Dedicasean, Aug 22, 2022
  2. Villarino Win User

Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me but I can't hear them

Hello DavinNJ!

Sorry about your problem. Please check this guide, hope it helps!

If you can hear others in a party or game but they can't hear you, try these solutions.

Solution 1: Make sure your headset is not muted

Check that the orange LED light next to the mute button is not on.

Solution 2: Power cycle your Xbox One console

For help, see How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console.

Solution 3: Re-associate your controller with your profile

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories.
    3. Under Assigned to, choose your gamertag.

Solution 4: Verify the NAT type for your network

Network Address Translation (NAT) lets you hide your IP address from devices that are not on your network. For more info about NAT, see the "Current network status" section at Network
    settings on Xbox One

Solution 5: Test your Xbox One Chat Headset

To test the headset, start a party (requires internet connectivity) to test the audio:
    1. Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console.
    2. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    3. Under Multiplayer, select Start a party. (You don't need to invite anyone for this test.)
    4. Make sure your mic is not muted in party chat.

Note You can use the Y button  on your controller to toggle mute on or off.

1. Make sure your headset is not muted and that the volume is turned up.
    2. Speak into the microphone. If your headset is working, you’ll see the ring around your gamerpic light up.

If you still can't hear your friends online after you've started a party, but you can hear sound while using in-game chat or another app like Skype, see You
    can't switch to party chat on Xbox One

To test your headset on a Windows 10 PC:

1. Download Skype onto your PC if it’s not already installed.
    2. Turn on your controller and ensure your Xbox button  is lit to indicate it’s turned on.
    3. Connect your headset to your controller.
    4. Select Tools, and then Options. Then, select Audio settings in the General menu to test your microphone and speakers. Make sure you have your Xbox One Chat Headset selected from the dropdown list
      of devices while you’re testing.

Note When you first set up Skype, you'll be prompted to check your sound and video quality.

For more information on testing with Skype, see the Skype article, Troubleshooting issues with
    Skype call quality

Solution 6: Troubleshoot your connection

Check your connectivity by using the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution.
  3. TripleTopper321 Win User

Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me but I can't hear them

Hello DavinNJ!

Sorry about your problem. Please check this guide, hope it helps!

If you can hear others in a party or game but they can't hear you, try these solutions.
    You're answering the wrong question. Others CAN hear you... You CANNOT hear others.

I have that trouble because no one makes a right-handed fightstick so I got to get one custom made. Unfortunately the Brooke model of PCB doesn't have headphone for Xbox One.

I tried plugging into my phone but I can't hear my friend, but he heard me perfectly.

I was using this green and pink adapter with a 3.5 mm y

I came in loud and clear. He didn't.
  4. FriendlyFire02 Win User

Friends can't hear me and I can't hear them

Can't believe it was that simple, working so far no hassle, thanks a heap
  5. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Hi,

whats your nat type and your friends nat type if you have moderate or strict nat its harder to chat through party
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Have you the latest Windows 10 Build available? (Win key + R type winver and check if you are running 1909)

Have you checked if there are any update on Microsoft Store for this App?
Thema:

1. Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me clearly but I can't hear them (Fortnite... - Similar Threads - Audio Issue Can't

2. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  5. Discord streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming audio issues: I tried streaming Alan wake to my friends using the discord feature and they were able to hear the music and sound effects as well as the characters talking but could not hear the narration voice...
  6. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  7. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  8. Xbox one streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one streaming audio issues: I am streaming from xbox one directly to twitch. Playing fortnite for example. In my headset, I hear clearly all of my teammates in game chat. My stream cannot hear some of my teammates most of...
  9. Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch: Every new update brings the same exact patch notes saying “we’ve got reports of audio issues…blah blah blah.” Can we please get some form of update or at least some progress on these issues?...
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...