Audio Hardware Trouble

Discus and support Audio Hardware Trouble in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My current setup uses some old desktop speakers. To hear the audio through the speakers I have to plug them directly into the headphone jack on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by screboggles, Feb 4, 2020.

1. screboggles
    screboggles Guest

Audio Hardware Trouble

My current setup uses some old desktop speakers. To hear the audio through the speakers I have to plug them directly into the headphone jack on the controller, as there is none on the Xbox itself. The monitor I'm using (which is quite old) has no audio
    input or output.

Is there any way I can connect the speakers to the Xbox without using a controller, or any hardware I can buy that will allow me to do this?

:)

screboggles, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Panno92 Win User

Audio Hardware Trouble

Hi, you can directly connect an audio output to the xbox using an optic cable, currently the xbox console has only this kind of audio output connection.

I suppose that your speakers do not have an optic cable, but there are some converter on the market, what kind of cable/connection have your speakers?

[​IMG]

N°3 is the optic audio output
  3. annix Win User

Audio Hardware Trouble

As long as your external speakers are powered, then you'll be fine wity any of the cheap optical (aka toslink) to 3.5mm converters on Amazon. Do make sure that if you go with this solution you go into the audio settings on your Xbox and set the bitstream
    out to Stereo Uncompressed, the converter likely won't accept any of the higher end Dolby codecs. Hope this helps, cheers!
  4. Panno92 Win User
  5. screboggles Win User

Audio Hardware Trouble

My speakers use a 3.5 mm male input. Would you have a link to a converter that would work?
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Delayed Sound when using Xbox360 via HDMI.

Hey there Ort! I understand you're having some trouble with the audio when using HDMI and a monitor. Can I assume that your monitor has built in speakers, or do you have additional audio hardware? Also, do you have an HDMI cable you can use to connect the
    console and monitor to see if you experience this issue. Let us know, thanks!
Thema:

Audio Hardware Trouble

1. Audio Hardware Trouble - Similar Threads - Audio Hardware Trouble

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  5. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  6. Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...: we have tried joining the party using a laptop and the xbox application. we have also tried to use discord to be in a party but we are still not able to get their voice chat in the stream....
  7. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  8. After rehooking up a audio extractor that was working fine no longer works on the Xbox but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After rehooking up a audio extractor that was working fine no longer works on the Xbox but...: The extractor worked perfect until I rehooked it up the same way it was. I have tried a new extractor,new cables still on signal passing thru the audio extractor. Please help!...
  9. Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears: Hey folks, My xbox series x 7.1 uncompressed audio constantly flips, front to back. Details: - Frequently when powering the xbox up from standby and/or returning to a game from another app my...
  10. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...