Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X

Discus and support Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to watch the LOTR 4k UHD discs. There is a noticeable audio delay with the picture though. I am only playing the sound through the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Brandon Davis1, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X

Hello,

I'm trying to watch the LOTR 4k UHD discs. There is a noticeable audio delay with the picture though. I am only playing the sound through the tv, I do not have external speakers or anything. I was wondering how to solve the audio delay issue? and maybe what are the best features on the XBOX/TV to turn off or on?

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/toshiba-55-inch-4k-fire-tv,review-5671.html

Thanks

:)

Brandon Davis1, Sep 17, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Set it to PCM audio in the xbox system audio output. This requires the least processing while offering higher quality than dolby digital
  3. STEVEL325 Win User

I have the same problem. If I use Dolby Atmos output over HDMI there is an annoying audio delay when playing blu-ray or 4k discs. Changing the output to uncompressed 7.1 seems to fix the issue, but I would rather use Atmos. I do not have this problem with streaming, only with discs. My setup is Xbox Series X to a Marantz SR6012 via HDMI and then HDMI to a 75" TCL 6 series TV. My speaker configuration is 5.2.4.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Brandon, let's see if it's a disc incompatibility, or really a system bug ok?

Press the Xbox button > System > Restart console > Restart

After the console turns on again, hold the console's Xbox button (X- or start button) for approximately 10 seconds, the console will restart again.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

After that, try to read the discs again.

If the error continues, it could really be something from the recording of these discs.
  5. AssassinGuy1288 Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

I'm having the same issue last night while watch a 4k movie using the disc drive. The movie would go black and the audio audio would resume and a few seconds later the image would return. Sometimes the image would disappear and not come back until I turned the console off.

I have an Xbox series X running with an LG CX 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED TV. I really hope there is a fix for this. It was disappointing that I had to stream the movie from my tv rather using the disc version with the Xbox.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why are my games looking so bad even though I have 4K settings enabled?

The console can play 4k games you need an Xbox one x or higher

The Xbox one s can do 4k uhd movies disks and streams.but not games
Thema:

1. Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Audio delay play

2. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  3. Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is

in XboX Insiders
    Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is: I would really like to play Hi-Fi Rush but it's really unplayable on my system. I have my 1 month old Series X hooked directly up to my TV (HDMI 2.0) which is hooked up to my 5.1 receiver (HDMI...
  4. Xbox audio delay Samsung TV and soundbar

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox audio delay Samsung TV and soundbar: Hi guys, I have a samsung q95t and a hwq60t soundbar. With my Xbox series X I have a big audio delay and I don't know how to resolve it. I have only two options in my console settings:...
  5. Dolby Atmos Xbox audio delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos Xbox audio delay: There is an audio delay when using Dolby atmos for gaming on my Xbox Series X. As of writing, Dolby Access, the Xbox OS and the soundbar firmware are all up to date. My setup: 1. Xbox -> HDMI...
  6. Audio delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio delay: Hello guys I'm having an issue with the audio delay in my series X, i've tried everything you can think of, like factory reset, resetting audio settings, etc, still having issue with the audio...
  7. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...
  8. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay: I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the...
  9. Dolby Digital Audio Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Digital Audio Delay: Hi Team, Need help with a sound delay issue that I'm facing when selecting Dolby Digital on Xbox Series X. I'm using a TCL tv connected via HDMI 2.1. Stereo works fine, the moment I switch to...
  10. Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?: Recently purchased a TCL Series 6 55” TV and have my Xbox Series X hooked up to it. The TV supports FreeSync but I hadn’t known about the Variable Refresh Rate setting on the Xbox until today....