Audio Crackling when using headphones connected via 3.5mm to Xbox Controller

Discus and support Audio Crackling when using headphones connected via 3.5mm to Xbox Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Support, I am getting static sounds when using my headphones with one of my Xbox controllers. Info: - This is a static/crackling sound during... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kechones2, Nov 6, 2022.

1. kechones2
    kechones2 Guest

Hi Support,

I am getting static sounds when using my headphones with one of my Xbox controllers. Info:

- This is a static/crackling sound during certain louder noises.

- I connect headphones via a 3.5mm aux cable to the 3.5mm jack on the bottom of the controller. The headphones do not include a mic.

- This is one of the new gen Xbox controllers.

- Reducing the volume doesn't help.

- Restarting the console doesn't help.

- Restarting the controller doesn't help.

- Re-pairing the controller to the console doesn't help.

- Controller firmware is up to date.

- Console (Xbox Series X) is up to date.

- This only happens with one of my controllers. My other Xbox controllers, both new-gen and Xbox One-gen, do not have this issue.

- Switching to other headphones and/or another cable doesn't help.

- This happens in multiple games.

- There is also a white noise sound at the main Xbox menu that goes away and comes back, depending on how I adjust the controller headset volume.

- Adjusting volume level in-game, however, does not help with the static/crackling sound.

- Crackling sound does not occur when using audio through HDMI. Only when connecting headphones to controller 3.5mm jack and listening through there.

EDIT: This issue occurs regardless of whether the controller is connected wirelessly, or plugged in via USB.

Thank you for your help.

:)

kechones2, Nov 6, 2022
  2. Moonlord-C8A3F7C0-F1 Win User

MAYBE A FIX FOR THE HEADSET ADAPTER PROBLEMS !!

It's not a cable issue because people with the new xbox one headsets from Polk, etc are having the same issues and they just use a direct 3.5mm cable already.

I've had audio crackling and controller disconnects just using 3.5mm headphones as well.
  3. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

Oke but that doesnt answer my question.
    Will the audio quality and latency be the same when using a wired headset (console) usb or 3.5mm?

9/10 going direct into any hardware seems better for audio quality and latency. When going 3.5mm into the controller the xbox has to send sound into the controller and then transfer it to the headphones. That made me wonder if there is a difference between the 3.5mm connect or usb at the back? Maybe it is not notable at all.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Audio issues with my xbox one

Could you please share more information about your audio setup?

Is your console connected to an audio receiver, or is it connected directly to the TV? Are you using an external soundbar, or the TV's built in speakers?

If you plug in headphones to your controller (if you have a newer controller with 3.5mm headphone jack), do you hear sound from the controller, if you go to the audio settings and use headphone sound?
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One S HDMI to DVI

It should work, but expect to run it at upscaled 720p, or downscaled 1080p (if available).

DVI does not carry audio signal (especially when converted from HDMI), so you'll have to connect a 3.5mm pair of headphones to your controller or use the Xbox One's optical audio output.
  6. Hellhog Win User

Connect headphones to Xbox 360 Slim

You'll need an amplifier for one. I once connected regular headphones directly to the RCA cables using an RCA to 3.5mm jack adapter. The sound was really quiet. If you want to use simple headphones (as in no mic and not a headset), then a simple FiiO headphone
    amplifier will work for stereo sound. You just may need an RCA to 3.5mm jack adapter. If you want simulated surround sound, then a Turtle Beach DSS is required. You will use the Digital Optical out to connect the Xbox to the digital processor (amplifier).
    If you want to be able to use a mic and heaphones, then an Astro Mixamp is required. It will allow you to connect a mic TRS 3.5mm jack and heaphone TRS 3.5mm jack into a TRRS 3.5mm jack that connects into the mixamp. From there the Digital Optical from the
    Xbox connects to the mixamp, and a 2.5mm cable connects between the xbox controller and mixamp. HDMI already transmits audio, connecting the digital audio out on the xbox to the TV will do nothing. Usually, on the TV that is a digital audio out anyway (so
    connecting to it will do nothing). We need more information on your headphones though. How does the mic connector work? You're best bet may be to just buy the above pictured accessories and a small $15 heaphone amplifier and connect that way.
Thema:

1. Audio Crackling when using headphones connected via 3.5mm to Xbox Controller - Similar Threads - Audio Crackling using

2. Crackling audio Wired headsets, wireless headsets on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crackling audio Wired headsets, wireless headsets on Xbox One: Split from this thread. Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Wired headsets, wireless headsets, first party, third party, doesn't matter. I've used like 8 different headsets and I still have this...
  3. Xbox Series X Headset Audio Crackling and Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Headset Audio Crackling and Disconnecting: It's amazing to me that this is still an unaddressed issue. Google this issue to find countless complaints for years, with no response from Microsoft. Why was this thread locked? It went...
  4. Audio crackling on my PC gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio crackling on my PC gamepass games: Whenever i play Halo Infinite or Forza Horizon 5 or any game matter fact, i hear crackling everytime i play the games. This has been happening for 2 days now. I would love to have this resolved...
  5. Crackling Audio on a brand new 2nd-party Xbox Series Controller in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crackling Audio on a brand new 2nd-party Xbox Series Controller in Windows 11: Recently i got my Xbox Series PDP controller that i ordered, the controller was working fine on my Xbox One, so did the headphone jack, it had no problems, but when i used my controller with the...
  6. Xbox Series X Audio Crackling and Static

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Audio Crackling and Static: A little while ago I was having hardware issues with my series X, so I had sent it in and got a replacement, only to now have a new problem to deal with. So yeah, I'm reasonably upset. Audio is...
  7. Audio crackling/interference in headphones audio in Alpha preview

in XboX Insiders
    Audio crackling/interference in headphones audio in Alpha preview: Anyone else have a reoccurring audio crackling or weird "tuh tuh tuh" sound through the headphones when listening to any sort of media whether it be game or anything else from wired headphones...
  8. Audio crackling Xbox controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling Xbox controller (Windows 10): Hi I hope you can help I am using a PDP Afterglow Xbox series wired controller on my pc running windows 10. The headphones were working fine for months, all of a sudden now when I plug them into...
  9. Party Chat audio issues - crackling/hiss when streaming using Twitch App - fine during gameplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party Chat audio issues - crackling/hiss when streaming using Twitch App - fine during gameplay: Some friends and I have been trying to stream our gameplay through our Xbox Series X machines via the twitch app and even though all of us are hardwired to the net, have decent headsets, nothing...
  10. Crackling console audio when using a headset with the new Xbox Series X|S controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crackling console audio when using a headset with the new Xbox Series X|S controller.: Hello, I have the following problem. Just bought a new controller and noticed my headset would randomly begin crackling (static noises) when using it. Notice that : Console and controller are...