Audio Crackling when using headphones connected via 3.5mm to Xbox Controller

Discus and support Audio Crackling when using headphones connected via 3.5mm to Xbox Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Support, I am getting static sounds when using my headphones with one of my Xbox controllers. Info: - This is a static/crackling sound during... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kechones2, Nov 6, 2022.

1. kechones2
    kechones2 Guest

Hi Support,

I am getting static sounds when using my headphones with one of my Xbox controllers. Info:

- This is a static/crackling sound during certain louder noises.

- I connect headphones via a 3.5mm aux cable to the 3.5mm jack on the bottom of the controller. The headphones do not include a mic.

- This is one of the new gen Xbox controllers.

- Reducing the volume doesn't help.

- Restarting the console doesn't help.

- Restarting the controller doesn't help.

- Re-pairing the controller to the console doesn't help.

- Controller firmware is up to date.

- Console (Xbox Series X) is up to date.

- This only happens with one of my controllers. My other Xbox controllers, both new-gen and Xbox One-gen, do not have this issue.

- Switching to other headphones and/or another cable doesn't help.

- This happens in multiple games.

- There is also a white noise sound at the main Xbox menu that goes away and comes back, depending on how I adjust the controller headset volume.

- Adjusting volume level in-game, however, does not help with the static/crackling sound.

- Crackling sound does not occur when using audio through HDMI. Only when connecting headphones to controller 3.5mm jack and listening through there.

EDIT: This issue occurs regardless of whether the controller is connected wirelessly, or plugged in via USB.

Thank you for your help.

:)

kechones2, Nov 6, 2022
  2. Moonlord-C8A3F7C0-F1 Win User

MAYBE A FIX FOR THE HEADSET ADAPTER PROBLEMS !!

It's not a cable issue because people with the new xbox one headsets from Polk, etc are having the same issues and they just use a direct 3.5mm cable already.

I've had audio crackling and controller disconnects just using 3.5mm headphones as well.
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi kechones2,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having issue on your audio headphones connected via 3.5mm to Xbox Controller.

It seems that you have tried almost everything to troubleshoot it but still the problem persists. Base on your last description, that crackling does not occur when being used with HDMI and it will only happen when you use the 3.5 mm, could it be that the issue comes from the jack itself? But you made mentioned that you tried it to some other device. So, therefore it might be that the controller itself needs for a repair.

Here are some articles that might help you find resolution/guide that you might now perform yet.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello kechones2,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

Oke but that doesnt answer my question.
    Will the audio quality and latency be the same when using a wired headset (console) usb or 3.5mm?

9/10 going direct into any hardware seems better for audio quality and latency. When going 3.5mm into the controller the xbox has to send sound into the controller and then transfer it to the headphones. That made me wonder if there is a difference between the 3.5mm connect or usb at the back? Maybe it is not notable at all.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Audio issues with my xbox one

Could you please share more information about your audio setup?

Is your console connected to an audio receiver, or is it connected directly to the TV? Are you using an external soundbar, or the TV's built in speakers?

If you plug in headphones to your controller (if you have a newer controller with 3.5mm headphone jack), do you hear sound from the controller, if you go to the audio settings and use headphone sound?
Thema:

1. Audio Crackling when using headphones connected via 3.5mm to Xbox Controller - Similar Threads - Audio Crackling using

2. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  3. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  4. (2402.240124-2200) gfx flickering audio crackle

in XboX Insiders
    (2402.240124-2200) gfx flickering audio crackle: Broken, destiny 2 unplayable as graphics issue, tears, flickers half of screen pulsating and controller disconnects and usb storage disconnects and game lockup crash sound. Don't worry it's not...
  5. Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.: Hello! I've recently started to record clips of Destiny 2 on Xbox Game Bar and the in-game audio of the clip is heavily distorted. I have my bluetooth earbuds and wired mic set up to the proper...
  6. xbox audio crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox audio crackling: My Xbox audio consistently crackles in my headset when I turn it on and off, the only way I've been able to solve this so far is by restarting the console after i turn it on, however when I turn...
  7. Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?: Crackling Audio Issues: Okay, so here’s some context. I use a Razer Nari Ultimate headset usually connected in Bluetooth. When I launch any Microsoft associated games from the xbox store on my PC...
  8. Audio crackling on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling on xbox series s: How do I get rid of annoying crackling and popping in the background when playing a game. Thx 62461fb6-380f-49c7-8a33-3ba7177bf076
  9. Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11: Hi. Ive got an Astro Mixamp pro connected to my my Xbox and extract the sound via HDMI-extractor to be able to use the partychat in Windows 11 Xbox Game bar. If I dont join a party and only...
  10. Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?: Hi, so I've been having this problem whenever I play a game that I have downloaded through the Xbox game pass app where the audio always sounds far away and there is a faint crackling sound. It is...